CCW Vs medical mary jane - Page 3

CCW Vs medical mary jane

This is a discussion on CCW Vs medical mary jane within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense Just curious, is this doctor's 'prescription' filled at a licensed pharmacy? Does he get it at Walgreens? Some how SD I ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCW Vs medical mary jane

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Just curious, is this doctor's 'prescription' filled at a licensed pharmacy? Does he get it at Walgreens?
    Some how SD I doubt it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Just curious, is this doctor's 'prescription' filled at a licensed pharmacy? Does he get it at Walgreens?
    I'm curious too. Is this "smokeable" or is it in pill form? My brother-in-law was prescribed "Marinol" for nausea when he went through chemo therapy.

Just curious.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

So getting proper medical treatment means losing your Constitutional Rights? On what planet does that make sense?
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Back in my college days I smoke grass every day after class. About three bong hits of high grade pot would keep you impaired say 5 hours tops, and never once did I feel a "hangover" the next morning. I also had my CCP the entire time, though never once did I carry while the least bit stoned. It shouldbe noted that I practically never drank booze simply because it didnt agree with me. Since graduating I had to give it up because of BS random drug testing. All in all i never carried while impaired and since maturing i would advise a person to stop alltogether, simply because of the POSSIBLE legal reprocussions. If I have to pull the trigger I dont want to get locked up because I had fun at a party a few nights before. Just covering my own ass. A man's got to know his limitations

Sheepdog or pothead. The choice is yours, but I don't see how one could be both. I could be wrong, but I think the medicinal argument for marijuana is just an excuse to get high.

Take it in prescription pill form, you don't have to smoke it.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

His best bet is to contact the people who issue your CCW in that state. But i would guess it would have the same affect as if you carried while drunk. Even thou the "high" it gives you compared to what booze will do is different it is still mind altering which could cause a problem
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    the way to be safe is never to be secure.
    Benjamin franklin

Quote Originally Posted by doctorw View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think the medicinal argument for marijuana is just an excuse to get high.
    I think this is wrong. If mj helps someone feel better(think chemo, or glaucoma) then it is far from just being an excuse. Just because its illegal doesnt mean its useless.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Since you can't legally operate a motor vehicle under the influence of perscription drugs, I would think the same applies to marijuana as far as CCW is concerned. In most states CCWing under the influence of anything, prescribed or not is illegal.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Have to agree........

Quote Originally Posted by doctorw View Post
    Sheepdog or pothead. The choice is yours, but I don't see how one could be both. I could be wrong, but I think the medicinal argument for marijuana is just an excuse to get high.
    Everytime one of these laws is passed it's always for serious illnesses like glaucoma or cancer. Once they get their foot in the door the list keeps getting longer and longer until they're prescribing it for ingrown hairs and hang nails.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Since you can't legally operate a motor vehicle under the influence of perscription drugs, I would think the same applies to marijuana as far as CCW is concerned. In most states CCWing under the influence of anything, prescribed or not is illegal.
    No, it depends on what type of Rx you take.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Everytime one of these laws is passed it's always for serious illnesses like glaucoma or cancer. Once they get their foot in the door the list keeps getting longer and longer until they're prescribing it for ingrown hairs and hang nails.

Sure, but that shouldnt take away from the ones that truly benefit.

It is a well known fact that alcohol is deadlier than mj. There are thousands upon thousands of deaths every year in the USA from alcohol related illnesses. MJ can be credited with 0 deaths...ever.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

VIP Member

Partaking = intoxication reply

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Partaking <> intoxication. There is a difference.

Our cultural fear of "alcohol" and "narcotics" has impaired our ability to distinguish between partaking of a substance and being impaired by it.

It should be obvious, though I know it isn't, to many. But, a bite of food doesn't make one full; a sip of wine doesn't make one drunk; a well-dosed pain med of the narcotic/opiate variety need not make one "drugged" to the point of impairment.

For those needing factual actuals in order to accept this reality, any competent doctor can provide.

In short: all depends on the dose.
    From my comment in post 24 above, where I presented research results done in a flight simulator, it appears that "partaking" equaled impairment at 24 hours after.

And this, from someone who does not object to legalization.

All I'm saying is that someone who is impaired can not reliably make the judgment as to whether or not they can safely carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    All I'm saying is that someone who is impaired can not reliably make the judgment as to whether or not they can safely carry.
    And I'll I'm saying is the flipside, that someone unimpaired can absolutely make the call, particularly if the call is made with competent doctor input. It's a matter of dosing. If done right, a given dosing won't magically become impairing at some unknown time in future; rather, it'll be avoided, because of the dosing specifically formulated to avoid that. Speak with a competent doc. This isn't rocket science.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links