CCW Vs medical mary jane - Page 4

CCW Vs medical mary jane

This is a discussion on CCW Vs medical mary jane within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by automatic slim Everytime one of these laws is passed it's always for serious illnesses like glaucoma or cancer. Once they get their ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCW Vs medical mary jane

VIP Member

Just think re: automatic slim

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Everytime one of these laws is passed it's always for serious illnesses like glaucoma or cancer. Once they get their foot in the door the list keeps getting longer and longer until they're prescribing it for ingrown hairs and hang nails.
    Just thinking out loud here. If you are right, that is quite an indictment of our nations doctors isn't it? Do you really think that medical doctors in general are so irresponsible that they would do what you suggest? Some are of course. But I think your slippery slope argument is a bit unfair, and quite an insult to physicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it's no different than drinking alcohol and carrying or taking narcotic pain killers and carrying.

While you are under the influence, you shouldn't be carrying...
    I tried 6 different times to kill people when drunk. I have to hide the knives also because I just lose my head.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Quote Originally Posted by youngda9 View Post
    I tried 6 different times to kill people when drunk. I have to hide the knives also because I just lose my head.
    Or........................stop drinking
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I think the original point of his question has been overlooked by many. My interpretation of the question was simply "Does having the medical mj card make his CCW null and void?", not "Should he still CC when under the influence?"

The former question sounds like a good opportunity for a lawyer in your state who is familiar with CC laws.

[QUOTE][While you are under the influence, you shouldn't be carrying... /QUOTE]

If you wouldn't drive a car after taking or ingesting it, would you really risk a weapon?

+1000 on Bark'Ns quote... Absolutely positively without exception. Remember that you are holding the power to end someone's life - with that power comes great responsibility.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by denverbear View Post
    My friend tells me that he would only use at nite when he goes to bed to help him sleep better
    Am I the only person to see this part? I myself never used MJ and I understand the use for Cancer ,chemo and glaucoma but for sleeping? Come on there are other sleeping pills out there.

sleeping pills with worse side effects and that are not time proven like mj. Most sleeping pills suggest at least 7 hours of sleep before attempting to drive.

Also, isn't that flight study over 20 years old?

As far as I know, in Minnesota, it is legal to carry while taking prescription meds. But, You should deffinately tell him to contact a lawyer who is educated on the subject.
    I'm married to my Kahr.

No It'll make your draw reaaaalllllyyyyyy slllooowwwww
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Most heavy duty sleeping pills are addictive. In addition, you'd probably have to take a tranquilizer (also addictive) to get the same relaxing effect. Altogether pot is probably safer than those drugs for falling asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Or........................stop drinking
    Your sarcasm detector is on the fritz.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    Seems to me your friend would be better served seeking the advice of an attorney who practices in Colorado for the legal answer. From a personal standpoint, if I'm carrying, I don't drink, I don't do prescription meds which might affect my decision making process, and I don't do illegal drugs period, carrying or not.
    +1... some good advice in this post...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hagphish View Post
    sleeping pills with worse side effects and that are not time proven like mj.
    Can you provide FDA studies (or the package insert that comes with legal drugs) that support your conclusion that an illegal drug is time proven not to have side effects when used in place of legitimate drugs?

Most sleeping pills suggest at least 7 hours of sleep before attempting to drive.
    Are you suggesting that after ingesting an illegal drug you should then drive a car within seven hours?

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    It is not legal to posses a Schedule I substance in any state. See Title 21 of the USC.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    It is not legal to posses a Schedule I substance in any state. See Title 21 of the USC.
    Indeed. I was under the impression that discussing illegal activity was a violation of forum rules.

It is interesting that not only do some condone this illegal behavior but some actually support breaking the law! And the excuses they make...

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post

Exactly, which reinforces my previous post...

Quote Originally Posted by Grant48 View Post
    Bear in mind that although state law may allow for prescription of "medical marijuana", possession of marijuana is still illegal under federal law...
    So just because "medical" marijuana may be legal in the eyes of a given state's statutes, its still illegal under federal law. And most state, if not all, will revoke your CHL if you're found to be carrying while committing a crime (other than traffic infraction), regardless if its a state or federal crime.

The issue of "intoxication" is irrelevent, since possession is illegal anyway.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links