Defensive Carry banner

Received my Lifetime Permit Today.

3K views 36 replies 33 participants last post by  rapettitt 
#1 ·
Well I have had a permit since I was 18 years old. They have always been 4 year permits. Indiana introduced the Lifetime permit about 2 years ago and I had just renewed my permit so I had to wait a few years but now I am good to go for life. No more renewing or spending $25 bucks every 4 years. Not a bad investment for 100 bucks.

#6 ·
Grady,

A friend of mine who was our county coroner is now a new State Representative.

I'm intend to hit him up about that and see if he'll sponsor a bill. I plan on doing some research first and will recommend that people not be eligible until their second or third renewal, which should give someone a solid track record of remaining on the good side of the law.

#9 ·
That's interesting, what happens if (God forbid) you are disqualified for CC?
You know, the unfortunate DUI or something.
I'm talking hypothetically here, of course.

I haven't heard of a lifetime CC permit before.

Anyhow, Congrats on that.

#10 ·
I haven't heard of a lifetime CC permit before.
Indiana is the only State to issue a lifetime permit!

I hope Missouri is #2.

Might have to wait for a new Governor though!

#18 ·
Tennessee would never part with the $50.00 fee every 4 years but good for you!

#20 ·
The only problem I see is that a lot of states use that as a reason not to honor the IN permit. If this is passed in other states, wont you lose some of your rights if you travel?

#22 ·
Which states use this as a reason to not honor an IN permit?

Regardless when the permit expires, as soon as someone is caught breaking the law (as determined by home state rules), the permit is voided--so what is the difference between a lifetime permit and a permit that has to be renewed every 3,4,5 years?

I don't understand what you mean by
If this is passed in other states, wont you lose some of your rights if you travel?
Please explain?

#23 ·
No states that I know of use that reason not to recognize an Indiana permit. However there are some that do not because we are not required to take a class or pass any competency test. No states have dropped us since we got the lifetime option, and stated that as a reason. No states honor the four year but not the lifetime.

#32 ·
You nailed that one. For instance Nebraska just added 30+ states to their reciprocity list. Indiana, PA, Georgia, etc. weren't among them because of the lack of training requirements, not the length of their permit periods. At least that is my understanding.

#25 ·
I wish FL would offer this.:yup: They just changed the 5 year license to a 7 year license...but for life would be even better. One less paper hassle.

#31 ·
Welcome the the Lifer's Club.

We Hoosiers can only hope that the rest of the states will someday offer similar permits.

#33 ·
tankdriver said "At my age I do not even buy long life light bulbs......... "

Ha ha ha...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.