Defensive Carry banner

Got My CCW Permit Back....

3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  los 
#1 ·
...after an 20 month suspension. I screwed up and stepped on my :censored: back in '04, and the Sheriff wanted his permit back. It was quite a struggle to get it back, too. Lot's of hoops to jump through.

Our meeting yesterday convinced me of what I had always believed- he is a conscientious man who is trying to do his job right. Totally my fault, and no grudges here.

Glad to have it back, it's a comforting feeling to have again. :danceban:

#4 ·
Stepped on your :censored:? LOL! And you say they took your CCW for that? LOL!

All seriousness, glad it's workin' out, the CCW that is, not the other, and sounds like you've got a good Sheriff.

#13 ·
Guys - it was down to choice of words - which are considered best left out on this forum. Thus some edits.

Ask Bumper - and while none of us is in any way prudish - the image the board presents is meant to be one of relatively clean language. It is read, like many forums - by many others and Bumpers intention is to have a ''family'' atmosphere as against the football changing room one! :wink:

His house, his rules.

#15 ·
P95, I am not speaking of his language in his post. I am asking what transgression lost him his permit for 20 months.

This forum is about all CCW matters and I don't think anyone will hold it against anyone for sharing their mistakes, so we can learn from them "here" rather in the Sheriff's Office, a cell, or in a court room.

(CCW Forum "IS" the place to make mistakes, so they can be remedied before they are made on the street)

p.s. I do agree this forum should be conducted with professional decorum and a family atmosphere and kudos to the forum for demanding this.
So, if you must be crass substitute the "happy banana" smily with the "Sheep' smily together in place of foul language::banana:: :sheep:

#16 ·
Oh OK MT - the actual transgression.

Yes indeed that is very likely something of worth to all to know about, and the sharing of all CCW info is what makes the site so useful to old and new.

#18 ·
P95Carry said:
Guys - it was down to choice of words - which are considered best left out on this forum. Thus some edits.

Ask Bumper - and while none of us is in any way prudish - the image the board presents is meant to be one of relatively clean language. It is read, like many forums - by many others and Bumpers intention is to have a ''family'' atmosphere as against the football changing room one! :wink:

His house, his rules.
I for one deeply appreciate that position and the enforcement of it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.