Rights Question - Page 3

Rights Question

This is a discussion on Rights Question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How will your employer know if you have a firearm locked somewhere in your own personal vehicle??...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rights Question

How will your employer know if you have a firearm locked somewhere in your own personal vehicle??
    "The Day We Lose The Second Amendment Will Be The Day We Start The Second Revolution"
    "I Didn't Vote For Him"!

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg
    NRA is working right now to get laws passed in several states to clarify that question. I would suggest looking at the NRA site. Oklahoma passed a law last year and Florida passed one this year. I seem to recall that the companies involved in OK got a tame judge to issue a restraining order against enforcing the law. I do not know the current situation. The link below is a place to start.

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/Filter.aspx?ID=53
    Florida has not yet passed that law. Senate Bill 206 was just voted out of Commerce and Consumer Services Subcommittee of the Criminal Justice Committee and will go to Judiciary next. I have not checked on the companion bill in the House but assume that it, too, is proceeding with a likelihood of passage.

The Senate version provides for immediate effectiveness upon enactment. It also provides that the state attorney general is to enforce the law on behalf of aggrieved employees.

Yea, here's the OK snippet from packing.org. I also read in Concealed Carry Magazine that the NRA put on a big demonstration making this a 'model' law for the other 49 states, hoping to get them to follow. Now, even though the below has a note (from packing.org) at the bottom saying its currently blocked in court, the current OK self defense act from the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation doesn't have such a note and says it goes into effect Nov 1, 2004. Here's the link to the OK Self Defense Act on the OSBI website. Reference is at the top of page 31: http://www.osbi.state.ok.us/PublicSe...wbook_2005.pdf

Date updated: Aug 23, 2005 @ 10:01 pm

HB2122 passed and was signed by the Governor. This new law allows Permit/License holders to carry onto private parking lots their concealed firearm and store it in their locked vehicle. The Bill States, "No person, property owner, tenant, employer, or business entity shall be permitted to establish any policy or rule that has the effect of prohibiting any person, except a convicted felon, from transporting and storing firearms in a locked vehicle on any property set aside for any vehicle." The law becomes effective 11/1/04. This law has been blocked by a Federal Judge. Until the court rules this law is null and void. Will update everyone when the court rules.
    *** IN CASE OF EMERGENCY, DIAL - 1911 ***

Dan Wesson / CZ: Pointman 7, Stainless .45 ACP
    LaserMax, Carbon Fiber Ultra-thin Grips, Milt Sparks VM2, Milt Sparks 1.5" Tapered Gun Belt, Nickel Buckle, Galco Dual Magazine Carrier

Charles Daly: Field Hunter VR-MC, Semi-Auto 12g

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links