Do you think additional training should be mandatory to carry concealed? - Page 10

Do you think additional training should be mandatory to carry concealed?

This is a discussion on Do you think additional training should be mandatory to carry concealed? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SelfDefense Well then, I'll take the last word. I absolutely agree that those principles are sacrosanct and that EVERY state should put ...

View Poll Results: Should states mandate additional training in order to allow handgun carry?

Voters
315. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want more mandated training!

49 15.56%
  • No! We have enough mandates already!

88 27.94%
  • I am not against more training as long as it is not mandatory.

172 54.60%
  • I am undecided.

6 1.90%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Do you think additional training should be mandatory to carry concealed?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    Well then, I'll take the last word.

I absolutely agree that those principles are sacrosanct and that EVERY state should put the same concepts into their respective constitutions. Most states already have and even expanded upon them.
    I think the root cause for the 14th amendment was that it became apparent that states were happy to trample on those 10 God given rights unless they were prohibited to do so.

The founding fathers were humans, they made mistakes too.

edit: I think in general, I'm for the federal recognition of rights for individuals but not the restriction of rights at the federal level. The rub is that it makes it that much easier to "take away" at the federal level too.
    It simply doesn't make sense to recognize rights at the federal level only to allow states to "take them away" if enough people vote it so.

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cycler View Post
    I think the root cause for the 14th amendment was that it became apparent that states were happy to trample on those 10 God given rights unless they were prohibited to do so.
    The Fourteenth has nothing to do with the nonsensical concept of 'incorporation.' It is a post Civil War slave Amendment.

By the way, you mentioned 'ten' God given rights. I suggest you review the Tenth Amendment.

The founding fathers were humans, they made mistakes too.
    Funny that liberals/libertarians think their ruinous concepts are superior to that of the Founders. As if they don't make mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    You're funny, I like you..... Gimme a dollar
    Are you a democrat? Now you are asking for my money. Please post where in the Bill of Rights it says that people under the age of 18 could not have firearms? We always here about how everyone in that time period practiced gun safety and was familiar with it, so wouldn't it be logical that they allowed people under the age of 18 to carry guns? People could get married at that age but not own a rifle?

VIP Member
    The civil war (either the "war for emancipation" or the "war of northern aggression," however you look at it) put the federal government on track to trump state's rights whenever and wherever it could get away with it, while the supreme court either looked the other way or became politicized. If that didn't work, the feds just bully the states with the threats of witholding highway funds. Now when the states do accept federal handouts (bribing them with money they have already stolen from them) there are strings attached that bind them to federal regulations (power.) As long as state legislators can benefit from the largese of the federal purse, they will surrender the rights of their constituants. As long as the majority of the constituants believe they benefit from the largese of the state, the "tree of liberty" won't get watered, but will wither and die. That is until the feds and states run out of other peoples money. Oh right, our grandchildren will pay it all back.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    Are you a democrat? Now you are asking for my money. Please post where in the Bill of Rights it says that people under the age of 18 could not have firearms? We always here about how everyone in that time period practiced gun safety and was familiar with it, so wouldn't it be logical that they allowed people under the age of 18 to carry guns? People could get married at that age but not own a rifle?
    It was not illegal until:
    The Gun Control Act of 1968, Pub. L. No. 90-618
    ATF - The Gun Control Act of 1968, Public Law 90-618

FIREARMS AND FEDERAL LAW: THE GUN CONTROL ACT OF 1968

178.124 Firearms transaction record.

(f) Form 4473 shall be submitted, in duplicate, to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer by a transferee who is purchasing or otherwise acquiring a firearm by other than an over-the-counter transaction, and who is a resident of the State in which the licensee's business premises is located. The Form 4473 shall show the name, address, date and place of birth, height, weight, and race of the transferee; and the title, name, and address of the principal law enforcement officer of the locality to which the firearm will be delivered. The transferee also must date and execute the sworn statement contained on the form showing that, in case the firearm to be transferred is a firearm other than a shotgun or rifle, the transferee is 21 years or more of age; that, in case the firearm to be transferred is a shotgun or rifle, the transferee is 18 years or more of age; that the transferee is not prohibited by the provisions of the Act from shipping or transporting a firearm in interstate or foreign commerce or receiving a firearm which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce or possessing a firearm in or affecting commerce; and that the transferee's receipt of the firearm would not be in violation of any statute of the State or published ordinance applicable to the locality in which the transferee resides. Upon receipt of such Forms 4473, the licensee shall identify the firearm to be transferred by listing in the Forms 4473 the name of the manufacturer, the name of the importer (if any), the type, model, caliber or gauge, and the serial number of the firearm to be transferred. The licensee shall prior to shipment or delivery of the firearm to such transferee, forward by registered or certified mail (return receipt requested) a copy of the Form 4473 to the principal law enforcement officer named in the Form 4473 by the transferee, and shall delay shipment or delivery of the firearm to the transferee for a period of at least 7 days following receipt by the licensee of the return receipt evidencing delivery of the copy of the Form 4473 to such principal law enforcement officer, or the return of the copy of the Form 4473 to the licensee due to the refusal of such principal law enforcement officer to accept same in accordance with U.S. Postal Service regulations. The original Form 4473, and evidence of receipt or rejection of delivery of the copy of the Form 4473 sent to the principal law enforcement officer, shall be retained by the licensee as a part of the records required to be kept under this subpart.
    I would love to hear SCOTUS rule on the constitutionality of PL 90-618 in a post Heller world.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan View Post
    Nope, Conservative Republican, in that order, and I don't need any of your money, but I'll take it if you're itching to get rid of some . IMO Corona and lime, much better than Dos Equis.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldskoolfan;some where in this thread
    Where in the Bill of Rights does it say that 10 year olds cannot CCW or carry a full auto weapon?
    Come on man. Ask some serious questions and get serious answers. Some of um are almost laughable, almost.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by tmizzi View Post
    You have been around here awhile. Haven't you figured out OldSchool yet? You need to update your "ignore" list.
    Nah, he's harmless. I'm thinking he just likes to stir the pot a bit. Some of his thoughts are comical, good for a chuckle or two. Cheers.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Links