headed to a CCW class

This is a discussion on headed to a CCW class within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; well there is all the talk about CCW at work. and here i am getting ready to take the class with my boss and a ...

Thread: headed to a CCW class

headed to a CCW class

well there is all the talk about CCW at work. and here i am getting ready to take the class with my boss and a fellow co-worker. now none of us will be able to carry at work, but we should have a good time at the class. and it will be a race to see who gets there permit first. lol we are really competitive and territorial about our little part of the world we call work. so it will be fun to sit down and talk guns for a while. all 3 of us are vetrans, and we all own and shoot guns regularly (just not together) we all open carry on a regular basis so this should be just like another day at work, (except we will all be BS'ing about shooting instead of working)

2. Remove Ads

Have fun at class then. But take it seriously for what it is.....any day you don't learn something takes a day off your life. You and the guys will have plenty of time to talk about things next time you meet up, at work, or after class.

VIP Member
    Have fun. It sounds like maybe you will have an interesting class.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

You're lucky to have a boss who is friendly to CCW.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Quote Originally Posted by Defensive Arms View Post
    You're lucky to have a boss who is friendly to CCW.
    Yeah I feel that way too but, our workplace strongly forbids wepons in the building. for paitents and employees.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Let me add my congrats to you. You are joining a pretty close fraternity of folks who feel responsible enough to protect innocent life.

Quote Originally Posted by threefeathers View Post
    Let me add my congrats to you. You are joining a pretty close fraternity of folks who feel responsible enough to protect innocent life.
    i have been a member fpr a while now but my FL permit is not valid in az. nor is it valid being an az resident to have an out of state permit to carry in az.

Quote Originally Posted by 03ramit1 View Post
    we are really competitive and territorial about our little part of the world we call work.
    I'm pretty competitive too, but I try not to mark my territory to often.

Just kiddin! Good luck at the Class.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Well the class was great! it was a huge sucess. my boss's wife had the tightest shot group out of the 6 of us (the group from my work) I had the second best.

They provided a glock 19 for the shooting part. I had fired off all 10 rounds in aprox 3-4 seconds (without realizing that i had done it that fast) I stayed in the 10 ring for 8 shots and put 2 in the 9ring. I thought i did rather well :) My boss's wife hit all 10 in the 10 ring. She said she hated the G19(she has only fired a 1911 and usp 45) she said "I dont like that gun there is no kick. I did not think it went off the first time."

The class was verry informative. and I reccomed if you are in the phoenix area that you go though the class (assuming you have not been to a CCW class yet)

Glad to hear it.
    Who provided the G19? Interesting.

Took mine at the bass Pro Shop In Grapevine, Texas. OUTSTANDING instructor. Didn't know anyone at first but at the end of the day there was a bond.

Not bragging but at the qualification I shot very well. Practice, Practice. The first two stages I ate the center of the target up. The the third where you reach out I had a few strays but all in the good. Counting the holes the instuctor counts 17 including the BIG HOLE in the center. Looks at me and says "You Sux" With a Big Smile
    “For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Glad to hear it.
    Who provided the G19? Interesting.
    The instructor teaching the class provided the guns.

Links