PA Non-Resident License . . .

This is a discussion on PA Non-Resident License . . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mailed the application to Centre County on Sunday the 30th. My check was cashed on the 6th of this month. I came home from a ...

Thread: PA Non-Resident License . . .

PA Non-Resident License . . .

Mailed the application to Centre County on Sunday the 30th. My check was cashed on the 6th of this month. I came home from a few days in FL last night, and the certificate was waiting in the mailbox. Very simple. However, there are a couple of tiny issues.

IN the signature box, it appears that the clerk accidently typed something there, then corrected it with whiteout. Is this cool? Also, my height is listed as 509", instead of 5'9". An obvious typo as well. Now, my name, address, etc are all correct.

Is this worth sending them a note when I return my signed copies, or should I let it go at that? Something tells me that I might wanna get that fixed . . .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by av8er View Post
    Mailed the application to Centre County on Sunday the 30th. My check was cashed on the 6th of this month. I came home from a few days in FL last night, and the certificate was waiting in the mailbox. Very simple. However, there are a couple of tiny issues.

IN the signature box, it appears that the clerk accidently typed something there, then corrected it with whiteout. Is this cool? Also, my height is listed as 509", instead of 5'9". An obvious typo as well. Now, my name, address, etc are all correct.

Is this worth sending them a note when I return my signed copies, or should I let it go at that? Something tells me that I might wanna get that fixed . . .
    Good question. Give Sheriff Nau a call for the answer. Denny Nau's Site

I'd guess they say not to worry about it, but it's worthwhile to check.

LEO's list your height that way on reports. 5'9" = 509 6'4" = 604. It's not a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Entry Red View Post
    LEO's list your height that way on reports. 5'9" = 509 6'4" = 604. It's not a typo.
    I can accept that!

Quote Originally Posted by av8er View Post
    I got mine earlier this month. After I had signed it I realized that they typo'd my address. The first letter of my town was supposed to be a G but it was typo'd with a B.

So, I called them up and asked them what I should do. At first they told me to just correct it myself and send in the other 2 copies. I didn't find this acceptable, to me something such as a license to carry a firearm should have no mistakes or obvious alterations made to it. I asked them if they could just reprint it and send me a new copy and I would destroy the old one. They told me they couldn't do that. Then they told me to just send it back to them and they would correct the issue and mail it back to me(I did not have to include a self addressed envelope when sending it back as it was an error on their part).

So I mailed it back to them early last week. Friday rolls around and I have a new letter in the mail from the Centre County Sheriffs office. I tear open the envelope to find just the single white copy in the envelope. They just used white out over my town name and reprinted over it.... I was pretty disappointed. I could have done that myself.

Yesterday I photocopied it, reduced it to ~62.5%, cut it out of the paper along with 2 extra pieces of paper of the exact same size, placed the 2 blanks behind the copy and laminated them. Now I have a credit card sized PA permit. I'm still a little irked by the use of white out, you can see it in the photocopy as well... Oh well, hopefully because of this I don't have any interesting story involving LEO encounters in the future.

Since your info is correct I wouldn't worry about it. They wouldn't do anything to fix the white out on the signature box.

Well, I see you haven't been hanging around the likes of me! I was turned down a few weeks ago due to the background check, no reason given, challenge in progress.

Congrats on the permit!

Quote Originally Posted by Entry Red View Post
    That's how mine is too but no White Out use...
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by RXtion View Post

Yesterday I photocopied it, reduced it to ~62.5%, cut it out of the paper along with 2 extra pieces of paper of the exact same size, placed the 2 blanks behind the copy and laminated them. Now I have a credit card sized PA permit. I'm still a little irked by the use of white out, you can see it in the photocopy as well... Oh well, hopefully because of this I don't have any interesting story involving LEO encounters in the future.
    Hey RXtion,
    Is that legal to do? Would your credit size copy be accepted? If so, it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    Hey RXtion,
    Is that legal to do? Would your credit size copy be accepted? If so, it's a good idea.
    From the Centre County Sheriff's web site:

4. Once you receive your License to Carry, you can fold so all information is visible and then laminate to allow easy wallet carry.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Links