clairification carrying gun across Il. - Page 2

clairification carrying gun across Il.

This is a discussion on clairification carrying gun across Il. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RXtion It is on the ISP website somewhere, though I am not sure how to actually find it. After doing a quick ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: clairification carrying gun across Il.

Quote Originally Posted by RXtion View Post
    It is on the ISP website somewhere, though I am not sure how to actually find it. After doing a quick search of the ISP site I can't seem to find it readily accesible. However it is linked to on illinoiscarry.org.

Here is the link. I suggest you folks who travel through Illinois print this out and keep a copy in your vehicle. Many people in this state are ignorant of this law. I had a range master at the bass pro shop firing range in Gurnee IL tell me I couldn't have loaded magazines in the case with my gun and I'm sure many LEO don't know this as well.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/docs/1-154.pdf
    Thanks a million. I live in Lafayette, TN (KY Border) and my son and 3 of my grandchildren live in Dardennes Prairie, MO. The best route there is through Illinois and I travel that route 4-5 times a year. I have a pistol safe in trunk of car and I have downloaded and laminated the above brochure and will have it in gun safe with EDC when crossing the Peoples' Republic of Illinois!
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

ispcapt and RXtion got it nailed down. Put the weapon in a case designed for that purpose and make sure it's totally enclosed. The ammo can be in mags as long as the mag isn't the weapon. Make sure there's no round in the chamber. As for those of you that got nothing more to say than Illinois sux. Illinois ain't perfect. The USA ain't perfect. It's where I live and it's ok for me to cuss it because I live here but don't, under any circumstances you can imagine, think it's forgivable for you, a foreigner, to do so.
    Last edited by Scott; September 19th, 2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: removed comment

Quote Originally Posted by llongshot View Post
    It's where I live and it's ok for me to cuss it because I live here but don't, under any circumstances you can imagine, think it's forgivable for you, a foreigner, to do so.
    First off, take a pill. I live close enough to Sillynoise that I can cuss it all I want. But I would think that you would realize we are not cussing you. We are actually cussing the State of Chicago.

I live 10 miles from your beloved state. I have to compromise my safety because my proximity requires me to cross that line for work purposes.

So I will continue to cuss your state until they make my life safer by allowing me to protect myself and make other lives safer by ridding itself of dual speed limits.

Roger

foreigner
    There's no ocean separating us friend.

Illinois ain't perfect. The USA ain't perfect. It's where I live and it's ok for me to cuss it because I live here but don't, under any circumstances you can imagine, think it's forgivable for you, a foreigner, to do so.
    Humm, Last time I checked, It's called America, and we all live here. Because of that, we're free to speak about what ever we give a hoot about. If there's a state in the America that denies the right for it's citizens to bear arms, I say again, it must sux to live in that state. Seeings how there's only two, I'd say most of America would agree.
    Last edited by Scott; September 19th, 2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: removed quoted comment
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    ispcapt and RXtion got it nailed down. Put the weapon in a case designed for that purpose and make sure it's totally enclosed. The ammo can be in mags as long as the mag isn't the weapon. Make sure there's no round in the chamber. As for those of you that got nothing more to say than Illinois sux. Illinois ain't perfect. The USA ain't perfect. It's where I live and it's ok for me to cuss it because I live here but don't, under any circumstances you can imagine, think it's forgivable for you, a foreigner, to do so.
    I cuss Ill-annoy almost weekly and I have to agree, it sux to go there.. I have siblings there and I have to disarm to visit them. Its rediculous.There probably hasn't been a time I havent cussed outloud evertime I cross that bridge and have to unload my gun and put it in a case..
    Going from here to Missouri , I have to disarm for literally 1 minute because of crossing the tip of Illinois. IT SUX.
    I can understand you not caring for people to dis your state, and if you're happy living there, thats fine. But you're on a gun forum and we understand our rights.
    I can go hundreds of miles in any direction and not have to disarm........ Except NORTH.......
    Prepare for the worst and hope it never happens

Lived there for 4 years; I'll crap, cuss, spit, curse, and fart in Illinois' general direction anytime, and as much, as I darn well please. Move across that river, and leave the dark side; then you'll understand why IL is a crap sandwich!
    Last edited by Scott; September 19th, 2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: removed profanity work around

Let me see if I can put this gently. If you choose to run instead of fight you got no stake in the battle. The "I live somewhere else so I'm really impressed with me" argument don't get you no attaboys. If you're not trying to do anything about the problem you don't have the right to complain. I've been trying to get this changed for longer than some of you've been alive. If you don't like it here, don't come. Instead of lettin' your fingers do the talkin' drive around or fly over. I'd be a whole lot more impressed with your rhetoric.

I was born and raised in Indiana, 30 miles from the IL state line, or as my Dad used to call it, the free/communist demarkation line. I have been to the state many, many times.

We now live in SouthWest Tennessee, with family still right there 30 miles from the IL line right off I-70. The fastest way to visit is to drive up and through Illinois. But we do not go that way. We add an hour to the trip by going up I-40 to Nashville and then I-65 up to Indiana. We do not go through or near Illinois. I will not travel through or spend one single penny of my hard earned money in a state that keeps me from being able to protect my family or its own residents from doing the same.

Sorry bud, you may live there and I not, but Illinois still sucks pretty bad. Just because you live there and we do not, that does not change the fact that the state you have chossen to live in is a good place.

The site would not be better off with anyone just because they don't like a state that treats its residents like idiots who can't be trusted with their own lives, freedom and safety!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

You seem to think it is just the gun laws that I cared about. It was the taxes, the smoking bans, the taxes, the gun laws, court system, oh and did I mention the taxes. Not to mention the entire state is run by Chicago's most corrupt politicians. Trust me, it wasn't just the oppresive and draconian gun laws that drove me from that state.
    Last edited by Scott; September 19th, 2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: removed profanity work around

For all those who are taking about going through Illinois to other states, remember that Ohio does not let one have loaded magazines any where in the vehicle unless you have an Ohio CHL. Loaded mags==loaded gun. Yep. Stupid but at least there is a definitive definition to go by now. So, if you are through Ohio and Illinois, unload those mags.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

You have your advice about IL...for me, I stay our of IL, and I have driven AROUND that state to avoid it...
    Is it a PITA, most definitely, but my principles don't allow me to cross that state line.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let me see if I can put this gently. If you choose to run instead of fight you got no stake in the battle. The "I live somewhere else so I'm really impressed with me" argument don't get you no attaboys. If you're not trying to do anything about the problem you don't have the right to complain. I've been trying to get this changed for longer than some of you've been alive. If you don't like it here, don't come. Instead of lettin' your fingers do the talkin' drive around or fly over. I'd be a whole lot more impressed with your rhetoric.
    I'm from Chicago. I go there once a year to visit my elderly mother. When she dies, my visits to Illinois, nevermind Chicago come to an abrupt end.

The last couple of years, I've gone hunting on my best friend's family farm near Pacific, Missouri. I carry all the way from Cleveland to the Indiana-Illinois border. I then have to stop and disarm. We then continue on to St. Louis (spending NO money in Illinois) where I rearm.

Illinois, and especially Chicago are the way they are because the people either LIKE it that way, or don't care. In Chicago, it's mostly the former. I had no more duty to be oppressed in Illinois for the last twenty some odd years instead of moving to Ohio than any German Jew had to stick around to see what was going to happen next.

Illinois is corrupt to its very core, gun control only being one of a VAST array of examples. My living there and being a victim of that corruption wouldn't have done ANYTHING... other than putting money in Daley's, Ryan's and Blagojevic's pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    For all those who are taking about going through Illinois to other states, remember that Ohio does not let one have loaded magazines any where in the vehicle unless you have an Ohio CHL. Loaded mags==loaded gun. Yep. Stupid but at least there is a definitive definition to go by now. So, if you are through Ohio and Illinois, unload those mags.
    OR a recognized CCW credential from another state.

I don't understand the mentality that makes some of you feel proud of avoiding the issue instead of addressing it. Maybe that makes me an antique with outdated values. If that's the case then so be it. Just remember. If this state ever does see the light it wasn't by your effort. I'm going to stay and work to change it. You're going to sit on the sidelines and Monday Morning Quarterback.

VIP Member
    Back on topic please. The question was on how to legally transport, not whether or not IL has good or bad gun laws or to insult each other about IL gun laws.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links