Questions " Changed Address"

This is a discussion on Questions " Changed Address" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Friends, Couple question: 1. I got new CHL about a month ago. Now I just moved to a new home. I got my DL ...

Thread: Questions " Changed Address"

Questions " Changed Address"

Hello Friends,

Couple question:

1. I got new CHL about a month ago. Now I just moved to a new home. I got my DL address changed (take 14 days to get new license) and my CHL address changed. How long will it take to get new CHL license with new address ? (please dont tell me it gotta to be other 185 days )

2. If I get pulled over by LEO and give him my DL and CHL, address will not be matched. Do I need to show LEO paperwork proof that I have already changed address via online ? Dont want to get license suspensed for not changing address within 30 days.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

I've changed addresses three times since receiving my Texas CHL. Each time I did the work for DL and CHL address changes online and never worried about carrying in the interim. If a LEO here runs your DL, I understand that your CHL status is received in the response. Assuming you're acting correctly and the LEO involved is reasonable, there should be no problems.

I printed the webpage showing I had applied for the address change and carried it in the console just in case.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS!

VIP Member
    The info SHOULD all be linked in the computer, but to be safe I'd carry the paperwork you printed out showing change of address applied for.

Re: address change

Probably depends on the state. I live in PA and GA. My drivers license is GA, however it was PA when I got my CWP. I stopped by the sheriff in PA and the PA State Police Barracks and both said that the CWP is valid until it's expiration. I'm sure JUST in the state but that works.
    "A strong body makes a mind strong. As to the exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson August 1785

My change of address CHL came in about 10 days. Hope your comes soon. Good luck!
    MN

I was able to change address for my CHCL permit via e-mail to the Arkansas State Police (issuing authority). They used to send out a duplicate permit with the address change, but they don't do that anymore apparently. Looks like I might be changing my address soon again.

Hello Friends,

Thank you all for reply. I got new license in the mail yesterday. Takes 2 weeks.

Stay Safe.

As an FYI, they print them on the spot here (CO). It took about 5 minutes when I did mine a month ago.

Links