Anyone CC a Ruger 345?

This is a discussion on Anyone CC a Ruger 345? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Ruger P 345 is likely to be my next purchase. Is it easily concealable IWB? If so what rig do you recommend?...

Thread: Anyone CC a Ruger 345?

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar

Anyone CC a Ruger 345?

The Ruger P 345 is likely to be my next purchase. Is it easily concealable IWB? If so what rig do you recommend?

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

2. Remove Ads

I use a SmartCarry (large versus medium - ask Charley) which I find very comfortable and very concealed; my other is a CrossBreed SuperTuck, which is a very comfortable IWB, but one should consider buying pants a waist size larger. I also have a quick throw-on OWB Fobus SP-11 paddle holster that carries the P345 high and close in, and I've had no problems drawing, and with a loose outside shirt, no problem with concealing OWB. SmartCarry is my #1, as I can carry the .45 and a clip with no pants slipping downward...
    Semper Vigilantia - Semper Paratus
    NRA Life Member

Easily concealable is subjective. But I don't see why it would be. It all depends on your body type and your gear, and how much heft your accustomed to carrying. I have and still do on occasion CC guns that are at least as large, if not larger.

Case in point: M&P service pistol. OWB scabbard, FBI cant, 3:30. Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch.

I nearly bought a P345 when it was first released to the public and being offered at a very attractive price of $399 in my AO. Some times I wish that I had.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Of all the Ruger autos the 345 is probably my favorite centerfire, although I don't own one. I think joe was on the right track recommending the Crossbreed Supertuck. Very nice holster.

Great gun. It is fairly light weight for a 45ACP, thin, and contoured to reduce snags when drawing. I love mine, and have carried it in a pancake holster under a cover shirt. Works quite well. However, these days I carry a PF-9 most of the time. I'm getting lazy in my old age.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

TheP345 is my EDC. I currently use a High Noon Bare Asset IWB at about 3:30 or 4 o'clock. I love it. I am very accurate with it, the recoil is less than most .45s, and it fits like a glove in my hand.

Funny, I just tonight ordered a Don Hume 715 IWB from GunnersAlley.com. The Bare Asset has served me well, but I bent the clip out of shape and it is an excuse to try another holster.

Trust me you can't go wrong with a Ruger P 345

I sometimes cc a Ruger P89DC, which is bulkier than the P345, so I don't imagine it should be a problem to carry the P345. With the P89DC, I use a Kramer IWB holster.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

I have posted this before but I had a P345 that would fail to fire 1 out of every 5 DA pulls. Hammer would drop with no bang. I never dry fired without a mag and bought it new in the box. Sent it back to Ruger and they didn't find anything wrong with it. I could't trust it anymore and traded it in at the store I bought it from.

I have only heard of one other person with this complaint though.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links