Something is bothering me

This is a discussion on Something is bothering me within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not sure if it's my gun or my holster I have been carrying all day every day since I got my CPL in mid-March, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something is bothering me

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar

Something is bothering me

I'm not sure if it's my gun or my holster
    I have been carrying all day every day since I got my CPL in mid-March, and I've never had a problem with comfort.
    Today has been a completely different story. I carried my normal summer carry gun in the same holster I've been using since Day 1.
    It has been pinching me all day, and after 8 hours, I couldn't stand it anymore.
    Now bear in mind nothing is any different from what I normally wear, no unusual activities,no injuries, nothing different at all.
    Well other than a big sore red mark, one on my left hip at the bottom edge of where the belt rides, and another one on the right hip about an inch or so lower than the one on the other side.
    What the____?
    Anybody else ever have a day where it was painful to carry?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I've had days where my most comfortable shoes, the shoes I wear almost every day, just kill my feet. Who knows why?

Is it possible that your belt was just a little looser or tighter that usual? I know you said nothing was different but......

Hey, some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I have been carrying all day every day since I got my CPL in mid-March, and I've never had a problem with comfort.
    Today has been a completely different story. I carried my normal summer carry gun in the same holster I've been using since Day 1.
    It has been pinching me all day, and after 8 hours, I couldn't stand it anymore.
    Now bear in mind nothing is any different from what I normally wear, no unusual activities,no injuries, nothing different at all.
    Well other than a big sore red mark, one on my left hip at the bottom edge of where the belt rides, and another one on the right hip about an inch or so lower than the one on the other side.
    What the____?
    Stay off the Budweiser and mix in a couple salads every now and then.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Stay off the Budweiser and mix in a couple salads every now and then.
    LOL, maybe some Jack Daniels is in order, as a pain reliever of course

It just seems strange that after carrying the same gun/holster combo for the past few months that all of a sudden it is uncomfortable.

Maybe I'll change up to my J-frame for a couple days?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Try looking at your belt
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    Try looking at your belt
    For?
    I did think of it and it doesn't seem to show any signs of wear, or stretching, is there something else I should look for?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Sorry to say this RugerGirl, but when my holster started to bother me I stepped on the scale and realized I had put on 10 lbs.

NOT THAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Please be easy on me, but that was what had happened to ME.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

What the____?
    Yes actually...I call them my 'heavy days'. Nothing funny about them actually, it's just some days during the summer I tend to feel over my normal weight....bloated, or retaining water, or something I can only part way explain. But it happens, and it has happened to me occasionally. I could rearrange until the cows come home and it wouldn't help. My best advice...suck it up and deal with the pain for a day or two, or go to one of your alternative methods for carry. As for the painful experience and what's actually causing it for you, I hope it goes away eventually, and probably will. Our bodies change at times even though that may not affect the way our clothes fit. I tend to put on a bit of extra weight in the colder months...but thank goodness for OWB carry and cover garments! Those 'heavy days' I mentioned may also be more prevalent with women than with men. I'm just guessing here and not actually assuming anything. I hope all is well with you and your carry as soon as possible. Definitely try those alternative options when you get to the point the pain is too much. I would normally tell the men to tough it out for a while longer in this situation until they can't deal with the pain any longer. But the truth is, women can better deal with pain than any man alive. Childbirth is enough proof of that.

Well, it seems like you are doing your best to be analytical about troubleshooting the situation.

I got nothing! I know that at times for me, after 6 or 8 hours, I really start feeling the gun/rig. Most the time I can go 18 hours or more without problems.

It could be changing rigs and changing positions for a while is what is in order.

Let us know if you find a definite culprit and good luck girl.

As Clint Smith often says... Carrying a gun should be comforting... not necessarily comfortable.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

After a long period of time sometimes it will bother me too. Maybe you leaned one way for an inordinately long time. Something was probably just a little different. I think sometimes it's kind of like the "law of averages".

Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    Sorry to say this RugerGirl, but when my holster started to bother me I stepped on the scale and realized I had put on 10 lbs.

NOT THAT YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!

Please be easy on me, but that was what had happened to ME.
    GASP- 10 pounds???
    What next? You're gonna have me looking in the mirror for a grey hair?

j/k, but be warned, I'm stubborn(just ask hubby). I will try the Kimber again tomorrow. If it still bothers me I'll switch to the J-frame, which I carry more over the appendix and give my hip a rest for a day or two. I don't think the heavy 686+ will help and the Model 29, is even heavier.
    Gee I sure hope I don't have to go out and buy another gun?

Yes, Kidney pain as a matter of fact.

I had been out of state for about a week, in a non-reciprocity state, so I wasn't carrying. Upon entering back into my home state, I started carrying again and by the end of the day I had kidney area pain.

Other than that, what RamRod said has applied to me from time to time.

Not to get personal but you could be retaining water maybe? May even be bloat from gas?

I have had days when it has felt uncomfortable to carry for reasons that are not easy to put a finger on other than to know something feels different.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Not to get personal but you could be retaining water maybe? May even be bloat from gas?

I have had days when it has felt uncomfortable to carry for reasons that are not easy to put a finger on other than to know something feels different.
    Ah ha, you might be onto something RK. It could be that big dinner last night, sometimes BBQ ribs, grilled potatoes and corn on the cob fills me up too much(or I ate too much?).

Ah ha, you might be onto something RK. It could be that big dinner last night, sometimes BBQ ribs, grilled potatoes and corn on the cob fills me up too much(or I ate too much?).
    Take a little Pepto and call me in the morning, my bill is already in the mail.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links