There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

This is a discussion on There I was, surrounded by State Troopers..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife had a minor medical procedure done today in Shreveport and we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 this morning. At around ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

There I was, surrounded by State Troopers.....

My wife had a minor medical procedure done today in Shreveport and we had to be at the hospital at 5:30 this morning. At around 7:30 they came and took her away for her procedure and I moved into the surgical waiting room for the duration.

I decided I needed to sample some of the waiting room coffee from a small breakfast bar they had set up at the middle of the room. So I'm right in the middle of filling my cup when I hear a large group of guys come up behind me. As I finish filling my cup, I say "Morning guys" as I slowly turn around from the coffee pot and realize I was addressing six Louisiana State Troopers.

We made some small talk as they got coffee and I find out they had a member of their troop having surgery this morning and they all came by to wish him well before he went in. After a minute or two, I suddenly remembered that I was carrying and thought to my self, "I hope none of these guys freak out if they notice".

Even though I'm licensed and the hospital is not posted, some officers have been known to treat you like a bank robber, when they notice you carrying, until they ID you as a good guy. I was even thinking how bad the coffee was going to burn if I got taken to the floor.

Since the last thing I needed was to be spread eagle in the middle of the waiting room while the wife was in surgery, I decided to retreat to my little corner of the waiting room and limit my contact with my new coffee buddies. Luckily, either my supertuck holster is paying for it's self or these guys figured with my military hair cut and charm, I was a good guy.

Of course the wife is doing fine and will be coming home in the morning.........
    John Luttrell

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    its great to hear that your wife is going good and glad you dident get burnt by the coffee
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Of course the wife is doing fine and will be coming home in the morning.........
    That's the only part of the story that really matters. I wish her a speedy recovery.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Glad all went well in both situations. I hope your wife makes a speedy recovery.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Ditto....to all comments.....wishing the wife a speedy recovery!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I have found cops to be good guys when away from their responsibilities.
    No need to worry until you got back in your car.

Leo's are people too good days bad days. Glad everything worked out for the mrs.

I had the same issue when I was going to ER. This time of course, I was the patient.

I am driving home after shopping and my vision goes blurry. I am guessing my sugars are skyrocketing so I check it with a meter. 468....I decide to go to ER.

However, I am too scared to leave the Glock in my car, so I take my office bag and keep it in there. Fortunately, the door entrance to ER didn't have metal detectors.

My 2 days went well. No one bothered to check the bag.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

I have been treated with nothing but respect by LEO's during the three traffic stops I have had since receiving my CHL. No complaints here. Also, three warnings.

Glad your Wife is ok

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I had the same issue when I was going to ER. This time of course, I was the patient.

I am driving home after shopping and my vision goes blurry. I am guessing my sugars are skyrocketing so I check it with a meter. 468....I decide to go to ER.

However, I am too scared to leave the Glock in my car, so I take my office bag and keep it in there. Fortunately, the door entrance to ER didn't have metal detectors.

My 2 days went well. No one bothered to check the bag.
    Just to ease your mind with metal detectors at the ER.

Think wheelchair

Think gurney

Think walkers

Think oxygen tanks

Very slim chance that an ER would have metal detectors.

may your wife have a speedey recovery,,

but on a side note, youre a good guy... so relax and dont get too nervous around LEO. They tend to notice and pick on details such as nervous behaviour. you may not be doing anything wrong or illegal, but you may make yourself look suspicious..

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    Glad your wife is doing fine. Also, contrary to what a lot of ccw'ers seem to think, police don't have x-ray vision. They are human like the rest of us.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

I've met several Tx LEO while carrying and they all seem pretty good about people with CHL licenses down here,Glad your wife made it out okay.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Best to the Mrs.

Glad your wife is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy_easttx View Post
    I have been treated with nothing but respect by LEO's during the three traffic stops I have had since receiving my CHL.
    You may need to slow down! (I'm probably not the best one to be saying that, I drive too fast but I've been lucky so far.)
    America: Your government is not ignoring you, it's insulting you.

The Bill of Rights: Void where prohibited by law.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links