Visiting Vegas from TX question

This is a discussion on Visiting Vegas from TX question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The family and I will be traveling to Vegas for a few days during the holidays. (Vegas three days, Hoover dam, Grand Canyon and on ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Visiting Vegas from TX question

  1. #1
    Member Array slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    116

    Visiting Vegas from TX question

    The family and I will be traveling to Vegas for a few days during the holidays.
    (Vegas three days, Hoover dam, Grand Canyon and on to Scottsdale AZ for Christmas)

    AZ recognizes TX CHL's but Nevada doesn't. So, I'll be OK to carry in AZ but not NV.

    What are my options while in Vegas? Leave it locked up? Don't bring it?

    Any info. appreciated.
    Kimber Pro Carry II; Night Sights
    S&W 340PD

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Senior Member Array TucAzRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    792
    IMHO - Don't go where your not wanted... :-) That is my motto,...


    PS.... It will be our pleasure to have you in our state!!!...

  4. #3
    Member Array Shotdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    295
    Open Carry is legal here. I wouldn't carry on the strip because casinos will ask you to leave. The Metro cops are getting formal training on open carrying so they may or may not bother you.

    G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

  5. #4
    Member Array Shotdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    IMHO - Don't go where your not wanted... :-) That is my motto,...


    PS.... It will be our pleasure to have you in our state!!!...
    I guess you'll never visit Las Vegas.... NV has really good firearm laws but the reciprocity sucks.

    G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array TucAzRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    I guess you'll never visit Las Vegas.... NV has really good firearm laws but the reciprocity sucks.
    Not until they start reciprocating,.. I do believe that Arizona honors NV permit's,.. GRrrrrrrrrrr.. LOL... I don't do Cali either,.. They want me to where a helmet, but that is a ment for another day..

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array Pikachu711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,461
    I hate to sound like a spokesman for the LV Convention & Visitor's Authority (LVCVA) but please don't let the fact that NV doesn't have reciprocity for your particular state. You CAN open carry as long as you are not on the Strip. The last thing the authorities want is people putting tourists lives in danger. NOT that we as permit holders are mentally unstable!

    I've only had one serious negative experience with OC. All things considered it could have gone much worse. I'm not ready to toss in the towel yet! The 2A is alive & well in this desert of the southwest.

    Don't hold anything against the vast majority of Nevada residence who have strong 2A opinions.

    But, that's only my humble opinion.

    BTW, on a slight sidetrack, I'm in favor of wearing helmets, but against helmet laws. You CANNOT legislate behaviour!
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

  8. #7
    Member Array slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I hate to sound like a spokesman for the LV Convention & Visitor's Authority (LVCVA) but please don't let the fact that NV doesn't have reciprocity for your particular state. You CAN open carry as long as you are not on the Strip. The last thing the authorities want is people putting tourists lives in danger. NOT that we as permit holders are mentally unstable!

    I've only had one serious negative experience with OC. All things considered it could have gone much worse. I'm not ready to toss in the towel yet! The 2A is alive & well in this desert of the southwest.

    Don't hold anything against the vast majority of Nevada residence who have strong 2A opinions.

    But, that's only my humble opinion.

    BTW, on a slight sidetrack, I'm in favor of wearing helmets, but against helmet laws. You CANNOT legislate behaviour!

    So you're saying bring the gun, OC carry (not on the strip) or leave it in the safe until AZ?
    Kimber Pro Carry II; Night Sights
    S&W 340PD

  9. #8
    Member Array torontogunguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto Ontario and Buffalo New York
    Posts
    103
    Why not take a day and take the NV handgun course? From what I am reading they will issue the permit lickety split in some parts. Anyone from LV?

    I am intending to visit LV this winter and will be obtaining my NEV permit while there. My only real gripe is having to list the particular handguns that I intend to carry... jeez.

  10. #9
    Member Array slade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by torontogunguy View Post
    Why not take a day and take the NV handgun course? From what I am reading they will issue the permit lickety split in some parts. Anyone from LV?

    I am intending to visit LV this winter and will be obtaining my NEV permit while there. My only real gripe is having to list the particular handguns that I intend to carry... jeez.
    I won't have the time for the class. I'm not sure it can be done in a day either.
    Kimber Pro Carry II; Night Sights
    S&W 340PD

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Visiting Chicago
    By ICTsnub in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: September 17th, 2010, 01:44 AM
  2. Las Vegas bound. Carry question.
    By T Bone in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: February 7th, 2010, 01:21 AM
  3. Las Vegas, NV DMV question
    By TheHun in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 18th, 2008, 08:14 AM
  4. Visiting the USA
    By irish_ironsight in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: October 18th, 2007, 09:57 AM
  5. For those in las vegas, nv....a question..
    By timothy0007 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 9th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Search tags for this page

can a texas chl holder carry in a las vegas casino

,

concealed carry hoover dam

Click on a term to search for related topics.