Situational Awareness...

This is a discussion on Situational Awareness... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well today at work the usual happened.....My Boss came in this morning and we began our daily routine.....He knows that I follow Political news very ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Situational Awareness...

Situational Awareness...

Well today at work the usual happened.....My Boss came in this morning and we began our daily routine.....He knows that I follow Political news very closely so he asks me as he usually does whats going on in the news.... I started to tell him.... and then instead I told him thats its about time he put down the video game controller and actually watched the news for himself......He got all defensive and said that he didn't need to....That I would tell him sooner or later....Well I'm not gonna......I feel that part of having good SA is not only including the vicinity around you but knowing what is going on in the world around you.....It's very important especially with everything thats happening now ( and at breakneck speeds mind you).....I feel that as a Sheepdog we do need to take care of the Sheeple......But I will only go as far as the right here and right now immediate vicinity.....If they are to lazy to watch the news but seem to have enough time to sleep and play video games all weekend thats not my problem......He's got a very ''Gangster" like attitude toward guns and thinks its all like he see's in the movies....Thankfully he dosen't own any.... Just my thoughts.....Am I wrong or Right in the way I feel????

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    The prudent man rule for talking to the boss.
    Never talk about politics, religion, or specific ladies.

Offer the nitwit....

to prepare a short news brief,typed, double spaced, on good linen paper, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, for a reasonable, profitable, remuneration of course.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

You're not being paid to spoon-feed him the news everyday. It takes 2 seconds to load up a news web page.

I won't anymore!!!!! I could talk him under the table anyways.....

Distinguished Member
    What you did is foolish, you had a individual connection with your boss, and just earned a mental check mark by your name in his head.

I assume you are "clocked in" while discussing the news, so you are being paid to do something you enjoyed. That little personal time also gave you a chance to feed him the news with your opinion interjected into it.

While you may feel like you won, I think you lost out.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

As a general rule of thumb there are certain subjects that I don't discuss at work. Discussion of these topics could make your employment rather difficult. They are:

(1) Religion
    (2) Politics
    (3) Sex
    (4) Abortion
    (5) Gun Control

Discussing these topics while working could make your job difficult under the wrong circumstances. I avoid them whenever possible. If asked my opinion on one of those subjects, I tell them I don't discuss that particular subject while working.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Luckily for me most everyone in our warehouse agrees on politics Some more moderate then others, but no Obama supporters. I do try to keep it down a bit though, and really dont get into it if I can avoid it. Thats a good rule to live by.

Well put.
    Beretta 92FS

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    As a general rule of thumb there are three things I don't discuss at work. Discussion of these topics could make your employment rather difficult. They are:

(1) Religion
    (2) Politics
    (3) Sex
    (4) Abortion
    (5) Gun Control
    There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
    1. Those who can count.
    2. Those who can't.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Help me understand how this ended up in "Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions".....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by teccles View Post
    I feel that part of having good SA is not only including the vicinity around you but knowing what is going on in the world around you.....
    Perhaps you are part of the boss's situational awareness ....
    Glocks 19 & 26 in 9mm
    Sig C3 in .45 ACP
    Beretta M9
    Mossberg 500A 12 gage
    Benelli Montefeltrow 20 gage
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Normally I agree, but I have violated that rule on many occasions. However, While that policy may be great with other employees, not ******* off the boss usually comes first, THEN Never talk about politics, ET AL.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    As a general rule of thumb there are certain subjects that I don't discuss at work. Discussion of these topics could make your employment rather difficult. They are:

(1) Religion
    (2) Politics
    (3) Sex
    (4) Abortion
    (5) Gun Control

Discussing these topics while working could make your job difficult under the wrong circumstances. I avoid them whenever possible. If asked my opinion on one of those subjects, I tell them I don't discuss that particular subject while working.
    I try not to go overboard on them, but my group regularly discusses Religion (employed by a church), Politics (we are all informed and like-minded), and guns (98% gun owners, 70% ccers).

I think you should make it a point to tell your boss exactly what you think about his silly activities and how poorly informed he is. And be sure to let him no how he's one of the "sheeple" that you, as an intrepid "sheepdog" will protect from all the dangers that he, in his ignorance, chooses to ignore.

In no time at all, he'll no longer be your boss and you won't have to worry about him. You will, of course, be unemployed. But I'm sure, with an attitude like yours, you can find a job in mall security in no time . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links