Update, Please? Tennessee and Alcoholic Beverages

This is a discussion on Update, Please? Tennessee and Alcoholic Beverages within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone told me this week that Tennessee had passed the law to allow carry where alcohol is served, assuming no sign saying otherwise or whatnot. ...

Thread: Update, Please? Tennessee and Alcoholic Beverages

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

Update, Please? Tennessee and Alcoholic Beverages

Someone told me this week that Tennessee had passed the law to allow carry where alcohol is served, assuming no sign saying otherwise or whatnot. I did a few searches but can't seem to confirm.

Anyone know?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

This is true. You can carry where alcohol is served as long as you are not consuming. TN has some very specific requirements for posting. Even if not posted, if you are made you can be asked to leave.

Tn is also a OC/CC state. Although, I would not recommend OC in this circumstance.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rmccoll View Post
    This is true. You can carry where alcohol is served as long as you are not consuming. TN has some very specific requirements for posting. Even if not posted, if you are made you can be asked to leave.

Tn is also a OC/CC state. Although, I would not recommend OC in this circumstance.

springerXD...look at Handgunlaw.us for the details.

rmccoll...I open carry in TN restaurants where alcohol is served. As long as I'm not drinking and it is not posted, why would you not recommend it?
    Proud NRA member

I open carry in TN restaurants where alcohol is served. As long as I'm not drinking and it is not posted, why would you not recommend it?
    I spent the first 31 years of my life in Tennessee between Nashville, Chattanooga, and Knoxville. I go back there occasionally... in fact, the wife and I will be in Knoxville and Chattanooga from the 25th to the 27th of this month. That is the only weekend that we are able to get to a Volunteer football game and it has to be against Ohio... Not Ohio State... just Ohio.

In Texas, it is not an option. In Tennessee, I can open carry, but I don't. It is my firm belief that letting the BG know that you are carrying makes you a target. It gives the BG the upper hand. I prefer that the first indication the BG gets is the flash from the muzzle and the burning sensation in his chest... and I'm not referring to indigestion.

Don't give up any advantage you have, especially a tactical advantage.
    NRA Instructor

NRA Endowment Member

Be a mentor to the youth of our communities.
    Show them the way to shoot for the moon.
    If they miss, push them to reach out for a star.
    If any gang banger punks try to divert their attention...
    show them the light as well.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Thanks, guys.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Yes this law was recently passed, so it is now legal to carry into a place that serves alcohol.

And just for the record despite others opinion, it is ultimately up to you to decide whether you OC or CC, I personaly carry either method.

Quote Originally Posted by rmccoll View Post

This is the only manner in which I have carried into places that serve for on site consumption so far. That's more than 15 times so far, and no problems at all so far. Heck, they even seated us in the bar section of our favorite place a couple of weeks ago, no problems. We were with in sight of a couple of Shelby County Deputies having lunch there, they gave me a thumbs up.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Most of the new laws are here:
    Handgun Carry Permit T.C.A. Codes

Links