My Husbands Comments.......In Regards 2 My CCW

My Husbands Comments.......In Regards 2 My CCW

This is a discussion on My Husbands Comments.......In Regards 2 My CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took my CCW today & well, below is my husbands comments via another 4um that he belongs to posted below: (Note: I reduced the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Husbands Comments.......In Regards 2 My CCW

Arrow My Husbands Comments.......In Regards 2 My CCW

I took my CCW today & well, below is my husbands comments via another 4um that he belongs to posted below:

(Note: I reduced the size of the pictures.)

My Wife's CCW Training!!

I'm proud to say that my wife came home this afternoon from here ccw permit training, and said that she passed, now all she needs is finger prints, and send in the application!

We have practiced quite a bit in the last 3 weeks that she had the gun, we bought a very little used Ruger Security Six 4" SS the guy bought it new, and had run less than 2 boxes through it! It had the WORST trigger I had ever seen, I smoothed it up and put in a Wolff spring kit, and now it shoots great! Still not crazy about the serrated trigger . . . to each their own . . . My wife ends up being a good shot, even better than me, but I use the excuse that I'm shooting a lighter gun w/ a shorter barrel (SP101) but a guy needs some kind of excuse to make sense of all this . . . !

When she was shooting, the instructor made a comment about she was not supposed to be using snake shot! She unfortunately was not sure what he was talking about, and just told him that she was using the ammo that I had reloaded for her . . .

When she brought the target home to show me, I immediately saw that the target had a bunch of lube splattered on it . . . obviously the instructor is not familiar with lubed boolits, but then again neither am I! I figured that the lube would have melted more or be gone, the gun does smoke quite a bit, I'm using 3.7 grains of Bullseye in the her 38 specials w/158 gr rn

Here is a picture of the target, the closest she was at 5', but that was only twice (2 shots), and then 5 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards, 25 yards. . . see the splatters?

Here is a picture of her shooting the "smoking gun"

Here is the boolits I bought from a local guy . . .

I baked her a treat for doing so well . . .She loves fresh homemade pizza! Spinach, ground turkey, onion, mushroom, garlic, with alfredo sauce, and Monterey jack chesse!!

So . . . is that normal to splatter lube at close range? we never practiced closer than 7 yards and it is not reaching that far . . .

Ruger Blackhawk SS 6.5" .357
    Ruger SP 101 SS 3.0625" .357
    Ruger Security Six SS 4" .357 (Wifes!)
    Last edited by 357MAG; September 20th, 2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Added wrong photo, corrected one of them.

Ps 119:45 And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts.

Give me liberty or give me death!!
    -Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Your target picture looks alot like your pizza!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

In fact... I think it is a Pizza!

It looks very tasty too, btw...
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Arrow L.O.L.

Yep: When I copied the picture from photobucket.......Something happened. It doesn't make this any more pleasant knowing that my mouse isn't working: 'cause the software on it is somehow messed up. I do not enjoy my computer without the use of the mouse.

I had to change/re-adjust the photo: L.O.L.!!

Please look @ it now, & tell me what ya think.

-Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Now that we've teased you alittle. LOL Yes I have seen some splatter like you're seeing. Doesn't hurt anything. Makes cleaning your pistol more often a must.
    Cut back on the lube. Just alittle!
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

jbs
    I liked it better when it was a pizza...I could see the splatter.
    The target looks fine. You shouldn't have lube on the outside of the bullet. If it's splattering lube, there might be too much on the bullet when seating it in the case.
    If I need to oil a gun, I go to the beach.
    8040 Couger, P95
    1929 MN 91/30, 1927/28 MN Ex Dragoon, MN M44's, Lots of MN's
    Swiss LG1911 1915 and 1916
    Brazilian VZ-24 JC (2), Brazilian Model 1908
    Spanish M1916

I'm still wanting a piece of that Pizza!

However, since I don't reload, I'll refrain from acting like I know what I'm talking about! But the tips provided above sounds good to me!

BTW... Nice gun. I have a 3" Stainless Ruger Speed Six and it's a fiercely accurate gun. I have a smooth trigger face on mine instead of serrated.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Arrow Local Yocal Needs Bifocals

Yes; We aren't buying bullets from this local man again.

My husband is @ a forum where he is into learning how to make his own bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I'm still wanting a piece of that Pizza!

However, since I don't reload, I'll refrain from acting like I know what I'm talking about! But the tips provided above sounds good to me!

BTW... Nice gun. I have a 3" Stainless Ruger Speed Six and it's a fiercely accurate gun. I have a smooth trigger face on mine instead of serrated.
    The homemade pizza was great & we have another one made for tomorrow. Ya probably woudn't want to know that my husband used to have his own bakery where he used to make oven baked bread: Old World Breads, it might make you want some. I could fill this post up with pictures on how he made his own oven & had his own Old World Breads business & on the days he'd make bread for everyone, he'd make pizza for us.l I suppose we wouldn't want to go too far off topic, or would we?
    Last edited by 357MAG; September 20th, 2009 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Adding in a Quote 2 Respond to.

-Patrick Henry

Congrats on the range test, now comes the Loooong wait. That pizza does look good. I don't think you'll find that kind on the delivery menu "Spinach, ground turkey, onion, mushroom, garlic, with alfredo sauce, and Monterey jack"
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Nice shootin by the Mrs. Congrats on the CCW.

VIP Member
    Now I have to have a pizza....hmmm

Nice shooting on her part.
    In today's world, you need a gun to go get that pizza, which by the way looks very good...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great shooting on your part.

Nice pizza on his part. Great browning on the cheese and the crust.

If I bring him a target and a jar of anchovies will he make me one..

bosco

VIP Member
    The boolits look fine. Maybe wipe off the surface lube after they are seated. It looks like a high temp lube, rather stiff, and it's possible chunks are coming out of the lubrication groove when the bullet leaves the bore, although I've never seen it. A little smoke is normal with lubed cast bullets. When your husband casts your own bullets, have him make a plexiglass box surrounding the melting pot. He can reach in the open side to fill the mold. An 8" flexible tube on the back can be hooked up to a forceful fan to ventilate everything outside.

Good shooting. Alfredo sauce is a nice touch.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Arrow Quoted Comments Below:

Quote Originally Posted by jbs View Post
    I liked it better when it was a pizza...I could see the splatter.
    The target looks fine. You shouldn't have lube on the outside of the bullet. If it's splattering lube, there might be too much on the bullet when seating it in the case.
    Yep, that was someones else's job, it makes it bad on us: 'cause we have to clean up the mess: L.O.L.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Congrats on the range test, now comes the Loooong wait. That pizza does look good. I don't think you'll find that kind on the delivery menu "Spinach, ground turkey, onion, mushroom, garlic, with alfredo sauce, and Monterey jack"
    I find that delivery menu personally with my husband who likes to cook & does it on the weekends. We are in a hurry in this instant world, however it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ming View Post
    Nice shootin by the Mrs. Congrats on the CCW.
    Thanks, that photo is me: With age comes experience & well.......a few other things that is less then desireable. Though, my husband loves me for who I am on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Now I have to have a pizza....hmmm
    It would be a long trip for a pizza, as we do not deliver that far: L.O.L.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Nice shooting on her part.
    In today's world, you need a gun to go get that pizza, which by the way looks very good...
    Thank you. I went shooting with my husband & his friend & they had to back me up, to make themselves look good.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobeans View Post
    Great shooting on your part.
    Nice pizza on his part. Great browning on the cheese and the crust.
    If I bring him a target and a jar of anchovies will he make me one..
    bosco
    Yes, he loves anchovies!! However, he doesn't get kissed if he eats them: so I believe he will pass, as he learned this one day.

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    The boolits look fine. Maybe wipe off the surface lube after they are seated. It looks like a high temp lube, rather stiff, and it's possible chunks are coming out of the lubrication groove when the bullet leaves the bore, although I've never seen it. A little smoke is normal with lubed cast bullets. When your husband casts your own bullets, have him make a plexiglass box surrounding the melting pot. He can reach in the open side to fill the mold. An 8" flexible tube on the back can be hooked up to a forceful fan to ventilate everything outside.

Good shooting. Alfredo sauce is a nice touch.
    I had my husband read your post, Thanks for the advice. He will be doing it in the great outdoors of Arizona, where it doesn't get too cold: so he can do it outdoors all the year through without the ventilation. Thanks, in regards to the shooting.

Everyone,

Yep, it is good to have a good twist on things, & make things a bit different. Not everyone can eat pizza sauce anyways. If ya have a pizza crust from the store you can make something like this, also. Though, my husband makes his from scratch.

-Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links