CCW on Monday

CCW on Monday

This is a discussion on CCW on Monday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My permit has been issued. I just need to go pick it up. It happened much faster than I expected. I have a few questions: ...

Thread: CCW on Monday

CCW on Monday

My permit has been issued. I just need to go pick it up. It happened much faster than I expected.

I have a few questions:
    1) if you're carrying, and there is a posted sign saying, "no firearms", it seems awkward to turn back around again. What do you tell the person you're with if they don't know you're carrying? (I forgot something, hang on??) What if they drove?

Since applying for my permit, I've been trying to notice unexpectedly posted places and have only seen one, so hopefully it's uncommon.

2) If I do need to leave the gun in the truck for that or other reasons, is there something I could buy that would lock the gun into the truck?

3) Do I really have to go to Walmart and eat nachos for my first carry adventure? I don't even like nachos.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    My permit has been issued. I just need to go pick it up. It happened much faster than I expected.

I have a few questions:
    1) if you're carrying, and there is a posted sign saying, "no firearms", it seems awkward to turn back around again. What do you tell the person you're with if they don't know you're carrying? (I forgot something, hang on??) What if they drove?

Since applying for my permit, I've been trying to notice unexpectedly posted places and have only seen one, so hopefully it's uncommon.

2) If I do need to leave the gun in the truck for that or other reasons, is there something I could buy that would lock the gun into the truck?

3) Do I really have to go to Walmart and eat nachos for my first carry adventure? I don't even like nachos.
    Concerning Wally World Walk (WWW) most walmarts I've seen don't even sell nachos any more. WWW is just to get you comfortable carrying in public.

If you need to leave the gun in a vehicle try In Car Gun Safe

As far as Criminal Safe/Gun Free Zones I try not to go there. Luckily those signs carry no weight in VA and concealed means concealed. Not sure where you live so don't know the particulars. Just say you left something in the car.

Welcome to the forum.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

VIP Member
    1) Whatever you think would work best if they don't know. Know your friend and maybe take an extra container of some sort to leave in the vehicle if they are driving and you might have to bury your gun. It is best, of course, to know ahead of time and know your state laws to know if the sign carries the weight of the law.

2) They do make a vehicle safe that secures to the inside of the vehicle. The safe straps around part of the seat frame, so there is no "installation". I am not recalling the name at the moment, but someone behind me will.

3)Well... not really, I guess. Most don't serve nachos any more so you are in luck there.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

For the car, it seems like I could just use a cable lock with the case my gun came in. Didn't even think of that.

On the nachos, whew!

I really do NOT like leaving a gun in the car with ANY kind of safe or hiding it.
    If it's in there a thief will find a way to liberate it from you!

Quote Originally Posted by kspilot536 View Post
    I really do NOT like leaving a gun in the car with ANY kind of safe or hiding it.
    If it's in there a thief will find a way to liberate it from you!
    In honesty, I hate leaving my gun anywhere. I hate leaving it at home. I hate leaving it in the car.

But there are places (mostly gov buildings), where I can't carry. So I assume I need some way to secure the gun.

Did I miss which state you live in? In some states, signs mean nothing.
    Where are you?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1) Don't spend your money at any anti gun establishment. Know which places around you are posted and avoid them.

2) Yes.

3) Are you kidding? Of course you do. Tradition is tradition. Get the damn nachos and stroll around. Maybe head down the paper goods aisle and grab some extra toilet paper, you will need it for the Walmart nacho aftermath.

First of all I know that in the state of Pa that those signs don't mean anything. Second off I wouldn't go to a place like that in the first place why give business to a place that discriminates against law abiding citizens. In Pa if you get caught with a gun all they can ask you to do is to leave. So my advice is don't get caught thats the point of cc. But a good rule is don't bother with places like that in the first place.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
    Bring Enough GUN!!

CCW on Monday

Congradulations on receiving your CCW!
    As far as visiting Wally World and not liking Nachos, how about buying some ammo? This will get you right in the groove! Welcome to the club.

Safe and sane shooting everyone,

johnstuf

Gobmt Bldgs? Well, there just might be a problem.

Those cable lock car safes are good as you can get.

Someone else car?
    Aw geeze, I don't know. (That's a toughie.)

Sometimes at the Gobmt Bldgs, you can lock up your gun with security. I know if I visit the Elbert County Sheriffs office (in the Jail) you can just lock up your gun in the little gun lock boxes outside the entrance. (Same boxes the Deputes use.)

Just my 2 cents.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Yes, congratulations on your CCW endorsement! Good luck and be safe.

As for the "no concealed weapons" signs at establishments, in Missouri as long as your weapon is not "brandished", should for some reason it become visible and you are asked to leave and you don't argue, there is no repercussion.

If you are speaking of a courthouse or police station or such, (read:metal detectors) yes, lock it in a safe. Otherwise, it is a CONCEALED firearm and no one should even be aware that you have it, posted signs or not.

Links