Xd 45? - Page 2

Xd 45?

This is a discussion on Xd 45? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks Dairy, I thought that was how your holster worked. I was just wondering how uncomfortable the XD45 would be IWB. Guess it's like anything ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xd 45?

Thanks Dairy, I thought that was how your holster worked. I was just wondering how uncomfortable the XD45 would be IWB. Guess it's like anything else, ya' just get use to it. the cylinder on my j-frame is roughly 1.25" and I wear that IWB without too much discomfort ... but it's not long enough to contact the sciatic nerve either.

Hrmmmmm, I might have to get both holsters and test it out.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    4" Tactical compares. jack

sry but the 4" is the service and the 5" is the tactical.
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

Quote Originally Posted by murphyslaw
    sry but the 4" is the service and the 5" is the tactical.
    You're right, my mistake. I checked out the 5" but it felt a bit too muzzle heavy for me. The 4" now ... that was just too nice to pass up. I'm thinking about either the decal grips on a Hogue sleeve might be called for. The front and back straps felt fine but the sides seem like they might get slippery when wet or sweaty.
    Jack

I also preferred the service model some people say that it looks incomplete but I think the tac. model looks to funny(fake). I bought the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve from pistolgear.com and I love it.
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

Thanks for the link Murphy, they list the 45ACPmags for $23.24 each ... I gotta remember that.
    Jack

New Member Array nick@xtremeboost's Avatar
    i just ordered my xd45acp 4"service model with the xd gear for 475 shipped. plus another 35 for the ffl transfer, so 510 total when most places here in town want 500 plus tax or more.

You got a GREAT deal Nick! Mine was $559.71 after tax and I kind of expect the price to increase shortly. I like that OD green model too but black was all they had in .45ACP.
    Jack

i have 2 and got them when they first came out. both are 4" and have had several hundred rounds thru them.good luck to anyone who buys them.

i got both of them for $429.00 plus taxes. here in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees98a View Post
    Do they also come with infrared aiming light?
    I have a XD-45 Service with an internal laser. Check out this thread....
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ad.php?t=23861
    but it will run you around $400.00
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

i think their great and had no problem with the way they shot (trail run as a rental) but i'm patient. ...waiting for a subcompact XD45. through some of the research i've done it's in the works. not like it's right around the corner or anything... but i personally wonder how it would work/function as well as round capacity.
    What's this button do?

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I just bought the compact 45. Retailed at 500.00 even. Only been out once with it so far. Preformed flawlessly. Trigger is a little different than I am used to. Coming from lots of rounds with Glocks the last few years. But I will be comfortable with it in no time I'm sure.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

The finest .45 made. Extremely reliable, accurate, triple safety system, chamber and cocked indicators - you can feel them in he dark, I've had to do so, double stack (13 in the can), ambidexterous grip and mag release, more natural point and grip than Glocks, not ammo sensitive, and half the price of HK.

Any other questions?

I just ordered the XD45ACP Compact from my local dealer.
    The price was $489.
    No sales tax and no transfer fees, but there will be a little added for shipping.
    Can't wait for it to arrive as it is my first handgun!
    I bought it with the intention of it being my primary CCW when riding my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic.
    Everything I've read about this gun was positive, and personally, I like the way it feels even better than the Glock.
    But I know that as soon as I get it, Springfield will announce a 3" Sub-Compact 45ACP model.
    "Luck is the point where opportunity and preparedness meet."

Quote Originally Posted by murphyslaw View Post
    I also preferred the service model some people say that it looks incomplete but I think the tac. model looks to funny(fake). I bought the Hogue Handall Grip Sleeve from pistolgear.com and I love it.
    Great side. If only they had the mag sleeves for the .45ACP mags. At least they have the mags though. Been looking everywhere for them.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links