Xd 45?

Xd 45?

This is a discussion on Xd 45? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Everyone talks about the XD 45 rsomething like that. Can anyone tell me more about it and the price range it should be? Can I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xd 45?

Xd 45?

Everyone talks about the XD 45 rsomething like that.

Can anyone tell me more about it and the price range it should be? Can I only buy it an a store in my state?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees98a

Can anyone tell me more about it and the price range it should be? Can I only buy it an a store in my state?
    Here's a start.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl.shtml

The XD series is a product line imported by Springfield Armory. Prices and locations of dealers can be found on Springfield's site. There are others on the forum who have XDs and who know a lot more about them. They will chime in soon.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Here in NC, they run about $479 for the XD-45 ACP 4" with the "gear". I'm sure you will hear from Euclidean soon!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

Been a buch of posts here about it and what people paid ive heard as low as 449 to 539 local

Do they also come with infrared aiming light?

No but there is an accessory rail and any/most aftermarket lasers can be mounted on. If you get infrared won't you need night vision to see it? IMO a laser isn't needed, just night sights and lots of practice.

My 4" listed for $509. Be ware when & if you go to buy as they're available in both .45ACP and the evil spawn of Hell .45GAP. I think all the owners on here bought the ACP version and that's what we're generally referring to in reviews.

I'd been toying with the idea of a polymer hicap for a long while and just never found a Glock that felt natural to me. From the moment I picked up the XD it was completely natural. The only other guns I've experienced that with are the 1911 and the Sig 229. Check one out at your dealer, especially if you're a 1911 fanatic (like me).
    Jack

Got to get me one. I have been wanting a smaller pistol. Currently I have Chief 38 Special and the 1911. The XD looks smaller and I can get .45 Caliber in it. Looks like I am going to go layaway.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

I got one. And i worked out a trade deal in my favor so i really diddnt pay anything for it. But i couldnt be happier. So far ive put about 600 rounds through it and not one problem. I have fired everything from wolf to Federal Hydrashok and fusion rounds and they all were pretty accuate. I carry mine as well. If you can find one for around 460 plus tax then your doing pretty good. Here in Oregon we dont have sales tax so the guns go for 510 here to make up for that difference i guess.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

you can find just about any info you want about these beauties at

www.hs2000talk.com
    The answer to "the voice in the dark", GET DOWN NOW!!(see avatar).
    The goal of an argument should not be victory, but progress.
    The chain of command? Is a 3/8" chain that I beat you with till you realize I'M IN COMMAND.

I paid about $565.00 for my XD-45, 4inch model, Im very pleased
    with it so far, But have only had it for a couple of months, I shoot it
    as often as my Arthritic Hands will let me.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

XD9
    Buy one. You will really like it. They aren't much money and they shoot very well. Not only that, they carry great. I just spent the weekend with mine OWB strong side. Bowling, wedding reception, date, out with the kids, and nobody could tell.
    There are 2 sounds in the world that strike more fear than any others. A click when you should hear a bang and a bang when you should hear a click.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees98a

Purchased mine about a month ago for $469.00 with the "gear". I have now put around 2k rounds through it (all 230 FMJ) with not a problem of any kind. Remarkable!

I now use it as my EDC gun and purchased a FIST #43 slide/clip holster (pic to follow). The XD weighs 30 oz empty and with a full load (13+1) around 39-40 ounces which is very close to a fully loaded 1911. The grip is has a very reasonable circumference but, to accomplish that, it noticeably longer. At first I thought this might be a concealment problem but it has not turned out to be a problem at all.

Reliability has been remarkable and accuracy is as good as I can achieve with my "aging eyes". I am truly very pleased with my XD45.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Can somebody check the slide width for me? The Glock G30 is listed as 1.27" thick and I'm curious how the 4" Tactical compares. Haven't been able to find that info on Springfield's site.

I'm trying to decide if I want an IWB or pancake holster for it. IIRC Euc uses a C-TAC? what about you other folks, IWB or OWB? I'm leaning strongly toward a pancake design but would like to keep the IWB option open if it's practical (and not unreasonably uncomfortable).
    Thanks guys!
    Jack

maclean3

Forgot to mention it but the FIST holster shown in my pic will allow for either IWB or OWB carry and works quite well for each - although I have a preference for IWB carry. So, one holster allows for two separate carry choices.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links