Is waiting the hardest part?

This is a discussion on Is waiting the hardest part? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The waiting is the hardest part Every day you see one more card You take it on faith, you take it to the heart But ...

Thread: Is waiting the hardest part?

Is waiting the hardest part?

The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    But the waiting is the hardest part

So it was an eventful past week. Ordered my XD9 SC on Wednesday (*should* be in today). Ordered my horsehide Crossbreed SuperTuck and Crossbreed belt on Thursday (no idea when those will be in). Took the NRA Handgun Safety course with range qualification on Saturday w/ the Mrs. I surprised myself. I know it was only a .22 but I did much better than I thought I would. And SHE just knocked it out of the park. She is a natural! I went this morning and dropped of my CHP packet at the local county sheriff's headquarters (and got fingerprinted). Now the waiting begins! I heard they like to take 89 of the 90 days allotted at this particular location so I'm looking at maybe December 21st... but hopefully sooner.

I know I'll be taking the Colorado specific CCW course while I'm waiting and hopefully making several trips to the range between now and then. What else to do in the meantime? I hate waiting!!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Brock View Post
    The waiting is the hardest part
    Every day you see one more card
    You take it on faith, you take it to the heart
    But the waiting is the hardest part

So it was an eventful past week. Ordered my XD9 SC on Wednesday (*should* be in today). Ordered my horsehide Crossbreed SuperTuck and Crossbreed belt on Thursday (no idea when those will be in). Took the NRA Handgun Safety course with range qualification on Saturday w/ the Mrs. I surprised myself. I know it was only a .22 but I did much better than I thought I would. And SHE just knocked it out of the park. She is a natural! I went this morning and dropped of my CHP packet at the local county sheriff's headquarters (and got fingerprinted). Now the waiting begins! I heard they like to take 89 of the 90 days allotted at this particular location so I'm looking at maybe December 21st... but hopefully sooner.

I know I'll be taking the Colorado specific CCW course while I'm waiting and hopefully making several trips to the range between now and then. What else to do in the meantime? I hate waiting!!!

I know how you feel....I ordered a glock and it was supposed to be here over a week ago....still not here. Getting very anxious! I have my holster and mag carrier for it and everything! Getting tired of carrying the snubbie everyday. I want something new and exciting!

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Your crossbreed will be in the mail before you can spell "antidisestablishmentarianism". Seriously, they are fast.

You have the right attitude of studying and training while you wait! Just remember, you only have to wait once and you can renew, renew, renew!

If you are paying for a class you might want to get a Utah non res permit as well. It has good reciprocity. You can find an instructor in your State to give the class.

Utah Department of Public Safety

Got a little Tom Petty goin on there, huh.

Yup, for me the waiting was the hardest part. It's been along time since I got my first CC permit, but I do recall it seemed like it took forever. Actually it only took a little over a month or so, but it sure did drag out.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Awesome. While you're waiting, use the opportunity to get some more traning and do some more shooting. Wear your gun and holster around the house to get them broken in and work on your draw stroke, etc. I did that while I was waiting and felt very confident when my permit showed up. Find out what of your clothes work well for concealment and what doesn't. Work on how to pick up things and bend over without printing.

Get some dummy rounds, TRIPLE CHECK that gun and all mags have no live ammo in them and work on clearing malfunctions, speed reloads, admin reloads and tac reloads. This is just off the top of my head. You can think of a lot of stuff that is important.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    I spent the time carrying around the house. Going to the range. Dry firing with snap caps. Cleaning the pistol. Etc. When the permit finally did come, actual carry in the community was the most natural thing. Hardly gave it a thought. Still don't. I know a pistol is in my pocket if my pants are on. Never think about it.

Wearing the gun and holster around the house is a good idea. Remember too that in CO you can have a concealed handgun in your car without your permit. Might not be a bad idea to get into whatever routine you are going to use for car travel now as well.

Otherwise, go spend some time on the loading bench! It's too cold to do much else right now anyway, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BaserRonin View Post
    Otherwise, go spend some time on the loading bench! It's too cold to do much else right now anyway, right?
    I've spent the last 12 years living in places that really didn't have more than 2 seasons. I'm loving the already cool weather! Snow tonight? Call me weird but I'm hoping so! Glad to finally be living in an area with seasons!

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Too bad you ordered your holster. On ebay there is a Crossbreed distributor who keeps them in stock and sends them out by priority mail as soon as he receives payment. I received a Supertuck for my Kahr 9 three days after ordering it. BTW he charges the exact same price as the maker.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I got my crossbreed exactly 2 days after I ordered it. I ordered it at like 3pm too.
    CCW took 28 days
    While youre waiting, you can just break-in your holster around the house.

Ordered my Crossbreed Supertuck Sunday before last, got it on Thursday (without warning... a nice surprise). Extremely fast service and a great product.
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    I spent the time carrying around the house. Going to the range. Dry firing with snap caps. Cleaning the pistol. Etc. When the permit finally did come, actual carry in the community was the most natural thing. Hardly gave it a thought. Still don't. I know a pistol is in my pocket if my pants are on. Never think about it.
    I did the same thing in here in Ohio. Carried around the house because they made it "legal" to do so last year (why I would have to have permission to carry around my own house is pretty ridiculous ). Now that I've got the permit, I still carry around the house and anywhere else I'm allowed.

Unfortunately, the gun has to stay at home during the week as my place of employment, like most, doesn't allow them even in the parking lot in my car.
    Each of us has a natural right, from God, to defend his person, his liberty, and his property.

Frederic Bastiat

The waiting will go by in a flash...hang in there!
    You can still use the extra 'waiting time' by taking a SD pistol course.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links