Texas State Fair - Bring it!

This is a discussion on Texas State Fair - Bring it! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Provided from State Fair FAQs at: BigTex.com: General Information "Can I gring a gun? No, with one exception. A person holding a valid concealed handgun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas State Fair - Bring it!

Texas State Fair - Bring it!

Provided from State Fair FAQs at:

BigTex.com: General Information

"Can I gring a gun? No, with one exception.

A person holding a valid concealed handgun license is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun. Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor. Handguns will not be permitted inside the Cotton Bowl, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience."
    "Second place is first loser".

2. Remove Ads

How does that fall under the quoted 46.035. "Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor" who is able to detect fraudulent licenses on the spot with his list of CCW license owners and xray vision.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Question everything, Learn something, Answer nothing.
    Those who have an answer for everything, have an answer for nothing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schwaa View Post
    How does that fall under the quoted 46.035. "Licenses will be examined at the entrance by an authorized security supervisor" who is able to detect fraudulent licenses on the spot with his list of CCW license owners and xray vision.
    the examining of licenses is a separate issue than the statute quoted

46.035 only says that you can't bring it into the Cotton Bowl for the Texas/OU game, thats always been the law for all HS, college or pro sporting events, nothing special for the fair

as far as them checking the licenses.....the way I understand it they have actual sworn officers working the checkpoints with metal detectors also, if you're licensed you can bring it in, if you're not then you'll be breaking the law by having it on you anyway
    they won't let anyone bring in a simple pocket knife either
    thats up to them since they're running the show
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Boy, those OU fans will love hearing about that......Even though I love to carry, I worry about that one weekend because that is a game like no other, where you have an alcohol-fueled crowd that has to be separated at the 50-yard line by a no-mans land and state troopers & Texas Rangers patrolling it.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

when we took our chl class we were talking about being able to bring our guns into the state fair but not our pocket knives. doesn't seem right but that is their rule.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Woohoo, I should have never moved out of TX.

That one weekend is indeed a crazy time, and not just in the Cotton Bowl, the entire North Texas area needs a DMZ for the game.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

do you think I will have any issues getting into the fair with my Florida non resident permit?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    do you think I will have any issues getting into the fair with my Florida non resident permit?
    any recognized by Texas should be allowed in just as the Texas CHL is
    I don't have experienced but they're under the same law
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer
    not enough space for list, main gear: duty-G17, S&W 642 bug, 870, RRA AR-15; G30 off-duty
    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

CRF;

Texas issued a reciprocity agreement with Florida in September of 2000. As near as I can tell, you are perfectly legal in Texas.

CRF;

Here's the agreement from TX DPS site:

September 7, 2000

Texas Establishes Concealed Handgun License Reciprocity With Florida and Tennessee

Texas has signed reciprocal agreements with Florida and Tennessee, allowing citizens with concealed handgun licenses issued by Florida or Tennessee to legally carry concealed handguns in Texas, and vice versa.

Col. Thomas A. Davis Jr., director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, signed the reciprocity agreements with the State of Florida and the State of Tennessee through which their licensees can visit Texas with their concealed handguns.

"This agreement will allow licensed Texans to travel freely in the states of Tennessee and Florida, while enjoying the same or similar privileges their licenses give them at home," Davis said.

These reciprocity agreements--the fifth and sixth Texas has reached with another state--were made possible by 1997 changes to the state's concealed handgun law. Texas also has reciprocity agreements with Arkansas, Louisiana, Arizona and Oklahoma.

"Texans should remember that weapons laws vary from state to state, and before traveling, license holders should educate themselves about laws in other states that govern where and when they can legally carry their concealed handguns," Davis said.

ok, I guess I should just be most concerned about the official at the gate that may not understand the laws...and may be confused by the sight of a Florida Non resident pemit, we will see....
    Last edited by crf3973; September 25th, 2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: to add something

I'm legal to carry my gun but not my knife,man thats weird.

VIP Member

2nd most important fair site

Didn't post the 2nd most important fair site:

BigTex.com: food locator
    and
    newfoods

Enjoy!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by PastorPack View Post
    Woohoo, I should have never moved out of TX.

That one weekend is indeed a crazy time, and not just in the Cotton Bowl, the entire North Texas area needs a DMZ for the game.
    Ah, don't worry about it. Thanks to former Mayor Laura Miller the Cowboys didn't build their stadium in this location so I bet the TX/OU and the Grambling/Prarie View games move to Arlington with in a few years.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Update / Feedback;

Went to the State Fair Saturday - armed. Went to the gate, showed my CHL to the 'wanders'. They directed me to the Security official, showed CHL, and got right in. Was actually faster than waiting to be 'wanded'. No issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links