Lost my favorite IWB holster....(better half got her permit)

This is a discussion on Lost my favorite IWB holster....(better half got her permit) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Short explanation: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...61-days-2.html Detailed explanation: Well, my wife's been thinking about holsters ever since she applied for her permit. Lately, she hasn't pursued it that ...

Thread: Lost my favorite IWB holster....(better half got her permit)

Short explanation: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...61-days-2.html

Detailed explanation: Well, my wife's been thinking about holsters ever since she applied for her permit. Lately, she hasn't pursued it that much thinking maybe another month before possible permit approval. She got surprised this week with an issue after only two months. Her choice for carry is currently the G27 until the G26 comes around. I suggested she try my favorite DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex holster which I use almost 85% of the time. She wore it all day yesterday, and it absolutely disappears on her with the G27, and she's perfectly comfortable with it no matter what she's doing. A little schooling on methods for getting the cover garment out of the way and the draw, and now my holster is no longer mine. That's okay for now, and I've fallen back to my secondary Galco SkyOps holster for my G23. Needless to say, I passed on someone's for sale thread here a couple of months ago with another Scorpion like mine, and didn't think I needed two of the same holster. If anyone would like to volunteer to stab me with a sharp stick, I'd be much obliged. If anyone has a DeSantis Scorpion for the 9mm/40S&W/357sig Glocks that they don't want or cannot work with, feel free to PM me with an offer. I still have several Glock parts, magazines, magazine parts, box of 100 .380 auto ammo for trade, or give me a price. Right now, it's just a waiting thing for me, until I come across another deal like the one I originally bought this holster for right here on the forum. Thanks.

See a real man makes sure his familys needs are put before his own,I gotta start hiding my favorite guns and holsters before mine gets her permit
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There are much worse ways to loose a great holster...
    At least it's still in the family.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; September 27th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well,well,well, as the bully on " the Simpsons"says...

HAha!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    congrats on both
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Ram Rod

It's funny you are in need of a holster as WJP9 just happens to be offering a Brommeland MaxCon V with Mag Carrier for a G-26/27 for sale right now.

I have this rig for my XD9sc and it is the most comfortable holster I own. If I had a G26/27 I'd buy it myself.

You can check it out here.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Count yourself lucky....I've lost six firearms to my wife....She can't use any of my holsters since I'm a leftie & she's a rightie....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

May all good men (and women) have such trials.

VIP Member
    Better your favorite holster and not your favorite gun.

VIP Member
    Congrats to both of you. Welcome back to holster hunt hwy. After 30+ yrs of carry I say "Are we there yet? " but it seems there's always something else I have to get and try out. Good luck.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Short explanation: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...61-days-2.html

Detailed explanation: Well, my wife's been thinking about holsters ever since she applied for her permit. Lately, she hasn't pursued it that much thinking maybe another month before possible permit approval. She got surprised this week with an issue after only two months. Her choice for carry is currently the G27 until the G26 comes around. I suggested she try my favorite DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex holster which I use almost 85% of the time. She wore it all day yesterday, and it absolutely disappears on her with the G27, and she's perfectly comfortable with it no matter what she's doing. A little schooling on methods for getting the cover garment out of the way and the draw, and now my holster is no longer mine. That's okay for now, and I've fallen back to my secondary Galco SkyOps holster for my G23. Needless to say, I passed on someone's for sale thread here a couple of months ago with another Scorpion like mine, and didn't think I needed two of the same holster. If anyone would like to volunteer to stab me with a sharp stick, I'd be much obliged. If anyone has a DeSantis Scorpion for the 9mm/40S&W/357sig Glocks that they don't want or cannot work with, feel free to PM me with an offer. I still have several Glock parts, magazines, magazine parts, box of 100 .380 auto ammo for trade, or give me a price. Right now, it's just a waiting thing for me, until I come across another deal like the one I originally bought this holster for right here on the forum. Thanks.

It alright my wife took my gun. I bought a Kel Tec P3AT for sometime carry and BUG. We were at the range and she ran a book of ammo through it and looked me in the eye and said "Nice, Mine" and took it. She carries it all the time and I bought another one for me with different color grip and said "mine" until she wants it too. Then back to the gun store we go. The only down side is how hard it is to find 380 ammo. Up side wife shoots it very well indeed.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    You should know by now that you have to buy things in pairs.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    You should know by now that you have to buy things in pairs.
    You're right....I should know. I'm learning again.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Prayers sent, stay safe, oh yes pairs, guns, holsters, and definately ammo should always be purchased in multiples
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Links