another sheeple tale - Page 2

another sheeple tale

This is a discussion on another sheeple tale within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am SO tired of hearing that. Preventing the commission of a crime is not escalating the confrontation. The "escalation" rule, where it exists, applies ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another sheeple tale

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I am SO tired of hearing that. Preventing the commission of a crime is not escalating the confrontation. The "escalation" rule, where it exists, applies to arguments where both sides are essentially at fault.

Criminals don't have a right to commit crimes. If the CRIMINAL caused the confrontation to escalate to the point where you had to use violence, that's his problem. You have every right as a citizen to prevent the commission of any crime you witness, and to arrest the perpetrator... if you want to get involved.

<<2) getting into an altercation armed can be seen as escalating a conflict.>>
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Has anyone had this happen? You see one of these sheep moving through his/her world and you do actually say something?
    1. There's this glazed look that has to go out of their eyes -
    2. They're then nervous if you're talking about the potentially risky situation -
    3. If they decide that you're right, then you are at fault for pointing it out to them.
    Maybe I'm just odd (I know I'm odd looking), but I have seen this all happen more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by David III
    Has anyone had this happen? You see one of these sheep moving through his/her world and you do actually say something?
    1. There's this glazed look that has to go out of their eyes -
    2. They're then nervous if you're talking about the potentially risky situation -
    3. If they decide that you're right, then you are at fault for pointing it out to them.
    Maybe I'm just odd (I know I'm odd looking), but I have seen this all happen more than once.
    From long experience in the ED.... I prefer to let that iron fisted bastid, Experience, teach the foolish. Of course, there is the rule of unintended consequences, but overall it isn't worth the strain of trying to impart judgement to a brick.

I must say a very big "Thank You" to the stupid people of the world. They put clothes on our backs and food on our table!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Sheep...

How many, or what percentage of the "average" population would flunk a "situational awareness" test?

I talk with my family & friends about it often...If you aren't paying attention, how can you:

a) flee from a potential threat

b) defend yourself from same

c) whitness a crime & actually offer a good statement to peace officers

d) just know what the heck is going on???

We can talk to people we love & care about, and hope they do the same...

Good Afternoon,

Kerry
    Kerry

"An armed Society is a polite society"

I have a friend that used to do this all the time

One time I drove by and saw his car running in front of a store. I got out and moved it around to the otherside of the store. He came out and his car was gone. He just stood there with his mouth open. I walked over and asked "missing anything"? It didn't cure him because a year or two later he stopped to use a pay phone, left his car running, and someone jumped in to his car and drove off. The guy then used his car to commit multiple armed robberies. Some people never learn.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.

Way to Go

Good Cover Job Young Padawan.

The Sheep should never see us until we are needed.

Now, are you a Sheepdog or a Wolf with a Conscience?

Jmiked

I like to think of myself more of a shepard ... silently watching over and protecting my heard. the sheepdogs would be the police always showing up too late, and the wolf would be who I am protecting my heard from. wow I think I just took that analogy too far ... I guess thats what happens after 13 hours of work
    always be ready :rocketwhore:
    Stay Safe

Springfield XD40 Subcompact

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links