another sheeple tale

another sheeple tale

This is a discussion on another sheeple tale within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey everyone this is my first post ... just saw something today that i thought I would share with the rest of you folks. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another sheeple tale

another sheeple tale

hey everyone this is my first post ... just saw something today that i thought I would share with the rest of you folks. I went to wallyworld today, mostly jus wastin time before work. anyway when I pulled up I noticed the lady in the parking spot right next to me loading her items into what looked to be a brand new car. the interesting part was that when she finished loading she left the trunk and both diver and passenger doors open ... with the car running while she reuturnd her cart to the collection area about 50 yards away. of course having my springfield on my hip I just shut down my truck an made myself look busy untill she returned. just something I thought might interest a few people, please keep in mind I am new to the forums so be gentle.

Welcome, XD40fan!

Assistant Administrator
    Hey welcome

Amazing eh - the

I did a thread on my observations in a small grocery store a while ago - fewer than 10% of folks really knew what was going on around them.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Welcome.

I think your observations are right on. She was completely oblivious to anything going on around her. It's people like this that guarantee that next year's budget for the police department needs to be larger than last year's.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

She'll learn when she comes back to find her car gone one day

Lead Moderator
    Lots of folks leave their cars running and go in the store up here in the winter. 1 guy came out to find his new S10 gone. 3 county chase and a beat up truck was the outcome. Geez, the second it would take to hit the remote lock , could have saved him a lot of grief.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    She'll learn when she comes back to find her car gone one day
    AND I hope she didn't have any children in her car. Cars are easy to replace.

Welcome to the forum, good observation. It was good of you to stand silent guard over her. She'll never know I spect. Some sheep may never know how any times they were guarded.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Lead Moderator
    People, go figure!

Welcome to the forum.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    In that case, wouldn't it be so much fun, and such a good lesson to take the keys out, lock all the doors and hide a few yards away. When she returns, let her freak out for a second. Walk up to her, hand her the keys and say something cute like, "I guess you've learned your lesson?"

My luck she'd see me messing with her car and freak out and everything. Police would come and I'd go to the clink for armed robbery or something stupid. Or worse, she could be packing and shoot me. In some states, commission of a felony is grounds for justifiable homicide. I'm sure Grand Theft Auto is a felony.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    just taking the keys out in colorado is a felony ( criminal tresspass ) tho its dobutfull it would be filed it would be kinda an expensive joke to you if she threw a fit

yea I was gonna go close the doors or somethin like ... maybe just say somethin ta her, but like someone already said my luck she would freak. so I decided to just sit still an watch the mirrors.

Lucky lady, and nice guy! Some people - goooooooooooo figure!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

While your motives were the best, I am sure, and I applaud you for standing "silent guard" as someone said, but did you actually consider what you would actually do if someone tried to take her car?

bearing in mind that 1)I don't think a stranger's property is justification for deadly force in most states, if not all, and 2) getting into an altercation armed can be seen as escalating a conflict.

you are absolutely right an that is something I thought about given the fact she wasnt really in any hurry to get back to her car. my conclusion was I would just get out of my truck an make sure the BG knew I saw him and I knew what was up ... at the very least I woud be a good witness

I notice that happening from time to time. Its funny...but its not.
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links