Which .40?

Which .40?

This is a discussion on Which .40? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im torn between the Springfield XD40 the Taurus Millinium 140,Springfield XD9 or Glock 26. Which one would be best for ALL the time carry for ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which .40?

Which .40?

Im torn between the Springfield XD40 the Taurus Millinium 140,Springfield XD9 or Glock 26.
    Which one would be best for ALL the time carry for a smaller person?
    Or any other recommendations?
    Thanx!

for a smaller person, get the xd40sc, im a smaller person, 5'9" 170lbs, and the xdm 40 is a little big

For a smaller person get the one that starts with 9mm.

I'd look at S&W but then I'm biased that way.

The XD9 is small and very nice. Haven't fired a Glock 26, but it feels similar, should conceal about the same. They are both 9mm though and you said best .40 in the subject...

You didn't mention the Sig p228. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Mountaineer; September 29th, 2009 at 01:58 PM. Reason: spelling... Twice...

Yep, I'm a fan of the S&W M&P 40c as well. IMHO, the thinner grip & interchangable backstraps gives it the edge over the mentioned examples for a smaller-handed shooter. Bowie Tactical also does a "short trigger" rework that reduces the trigger reach & reset even further.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I’ve never shot the XD40 so I have no opinion.

I do not like the trigger pull on the Taurus Millennium 140, but I do like its size.

I own a Glock 26 9mm and with over 1000 rounds through it; I’ll have to say I’m impressed. I have not found a round it does not like, and for its size it’s very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by kspilot536 View Post
    Im torn between the Springfield XD40 the Taurus Millinium 140,Springfield XD9 or Glock 26.
    Which one would be best for ALL the time carry for a smaller person?
    Or any other recommendations?
    Thanx!
    G27 all the way, with the XD a close 2nd.
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; September 29th, 2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: G26 is a 9 the ? was which .40
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

cmb
    Only thing consistent is DAO and Double Stack... Size wise the G26 is the smallest but do you want a 40? For me and most from what I have read cocealing the length of the gun is not the prob but the height. Your method, location and rig to conceal can have a lot to do with this. All seem like reasonabl choices and there are many more... of those you listed I would personally go XD9 (you didn't say compact or not) or G26 because you can get the extended mag or a larger mag and still use same pistol. I have just stumbled on to the XDM and have begun saving for it...

If you open the door to a micro pistol (Kahr, KT etc...) that's another can of worms...

I would get the XDsc-40 if I was you. I have one and love it, and it fits well in my Don Hume IWB holster. I also have a XDM-40 to carry when its cold but thats a big gun so need more clothing like a sweater to conceal.
    The Glock is also good but for me I shoot the XD's better. I wouldnt get the Taurus Millinium because the internal parts break easily (I have a friend who has one).
    Springfield XDm-40
    XDsc-40

Id like to fly...but my wings have been so denied!!!

Get the xdsc40...its awsome and small enough to conceal anywhere. I have one and have fired over 1000 rds and no problems.
    Harley 91
    "For those who fight for it, Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know"!
    Kimber Ultra CDP II .45, Kimber Custom II
    XD 9mm sc, XD 40 sc, .357 Colt King Cobra,
    .22 Berreta Bobcat

Distinguished Member
    I'm confused. The topic is "Which .40" but you listed 9mm models as options?

Anyway, my vote goes to the XDs overall...

Best 40 cal? G27 no doubt.

Glock 27 if you want a .40S&W. 26 if you want a 9mm.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

personally i would like the G27 or the MP40C. I would have got the MP40C if it wasnt't for a deal i found on my G27. It's all how you shoot it and how you want to conceal it though!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I don't have experience with the xD or Glock but will highly recommend the M&P 40 full size or compact. My son bought both the 40s and I bought both the full and compact 9mm. I really can't tell the difference between the 9 and 40 as far as recoil in these pistols - both very controllable and tame. Not sure why, but I shoot more accurately with his 40s than I do with the 9s.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links