Vote on MSNBC - Page 3

Vote on MSNBC

This is a discussion on Vote on MSNBC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm I don't to to "bars" generally. Not my sort of place. But I wouldn't not go merely because the place disallows ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vote on MSNBC

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I don't to to "bars" generally. Not my sort of place.

But I wouldn't not go merely because the place disallows firearms carry by citizens.

I find it fairly ludicrous to believe that such laws will keep anything from happening, which is almost exclusively related to bad people and bad actions anyway.

Criminals don't respect signs, laws. They're carrying anyway.

Upstanding citizens won't spontaneously combust merely because alcoholic beverages exist within the four walls of the place they're eating/drinking/shopping.

In states where laws don't invasively disallow citizens from carrying life-saving, self-defense equipment in such places, there is a strong historical evidence that such citizens don't spontaneously combust merely because of alcoholic beverages being nearby. Drinking to the point of (DUI) influence and firearms usage does not mix, which is why upstanding citizens don't mix it, even when present in a place where both exist.

The world won't stop if such knee-jerk fear of such things is avoided. We'll simply be minus the knee-jerk ordinances and statutes. It won't impact the percentage of bad things happening, as such things happen almost exclusively because of bad people and their actions, not because of good people spontaneously combusting.

And, when it comes to self-defense, a person that needs it in such a place will need it just as urgently as anywhere else. Making a criminal out of such upstanding people in advance of their needing to defend themselves merely puts good people at risk. That makes no sense.
    Well said. If I'm carrying I don't even order 1 beer. I'll drink a coke. A lot of times people ask me why I'm not drinking because I do like to throw some back, but I just politely tell them "not today".

Actually even at home, if I drink I don't touch my firearms at all. They stay put away.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf1956 View Post
    Right ... I took offense to that one too. I have a PhD in chemistry, and it took a lot of hard work and little bit of 'smarts' to get it. And, I'm an NRA Life Member.

-Seawolf
    I know MANY lawyers, surgeons, and even a local judge that are NRA members. So, next time they think NRA members don't have a brain maybe that guy performing his surgery or defending him in trial or passing sentence on him will be stupid for him.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

I still fail to understand how any rational person can look aghast at this and breathlessly say "guns and alcohol don't mix!" No kidding. The law says CCers can't drink. Next argument? "Well, WHY do you want to bring a gun into a BAR??" Because I want to get a burger at Hooters and watch football.

How difficult is it to grasp the truth that people bent on murder and other crimes simply do not care if guns are outlawed in certain places? Those people are ALREADY carrying in those joints, and if the more sensitive Americans among us don't understand that, I'd tell 'em denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Voted yes.

Even if the poll was in favor of carrying, I wouldn't put it past MSNBC to alter the poll to justify what they want to 'report'. They are notorious for being dishonest.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    We do it all the time here and the only bar shooting by a CCWer was a guy who saved the life of the owner when some nut bag came in to shoot up the place and the owner and the CCWer capped his butt!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I'll be the designated shooter.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    I'll be the designated shooter.
    +1!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?

39.3% Yes 4,874 votes

54.7% No 6,772 votes

6% Depends on the bar 745 votes

12,391 total votes
    Looks like a lot of DC members clicking over to vote. Since Grady's post the no's have only gained 25 while the yes's gained 171.

40.1% Yes, 5,045 votes

54% No, 6,797 votes

6% Depends on the bar, 754 votes

12,596 votes

Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    I've never met a NRA member with a brain. I guess he never actually met a NRA member.
    No, he just doesn't know what a brain is.

Would you patronize a bar that allows customers to bring in their guns?
    I read that, the first thing that pops into my mind is that scene from Beverly Hills Cop where the two idiots try to hold up the cop hangout bar...

I voted yes in an attempt to screw up their liberal poll a bit. MSNBC were probably hoping that there wouldn't be any "yes" votes.

The comments are exactly what I would have expected from Anti-gun idiots.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

The few people that still watch MSNBC are mostly anti-gun. MSNBC is the most liberal network on TV and I don't watch it anymore.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I've never been much of a bar person and I almost never go to them. I'd rather stay sober and safe than risk getting into a bar fight. They do sometimes attract the worse kinds of people.

I voted yes on the poll because you're not going to stop people from bringing weapons into a bar. Keep in mind there are a lot of improvised weapons in bars (beer bottles, pool sticks, bar stools, wall decorations). The people on the comments seem to have a one track mind.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

VIP Member
    Come on folks the "yes" votes are behind
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links