Best Place to buy?

Best Place to buy?

This is a discussion on Best Place to buy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone tell me of a good internet site to buy a XD40SC? Im looking for a GOOD price and fast shipping and just a ...

Thread: Best Place to buy?

Best Place to buy?

Can anyone tell me of a good internet site to buy a XD40SC?
    Im looking for a GOOD price and fast shipping and just a good all around deal and to deal with.
    Thnx!

Distinguished Member
    Try Buds Gun Shop. They seem to have decent prices. I have never purchased from them, however.

I usually try and do my homework online then see how close the local dealers can come. After you figure in shipping, and FFL fees it's close.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    Try Buds Gun Shop. They seem to have decent prices. I have never purchased from them, however.
    Bud's is good. I am lucky enough to live within an easy drive of a very large shop with good prices so I couldn't justify shipping and FFL fees. Actually I am only two hours away from Buds so it would save me money by driving there.

My first purchase (XD9sc) was from Bud's. It looked WAY cheaper than my local shop... but by the time you add on all the fees, shipping & FFL costs... it came out to about $30 cheaper. It was more of a convenience thing for me. While I had the cash... I wanted to finance and financing through Bud's allowed me to get 12 months no interest. Word of caution though... when doing 12 months no interest they charge you a *mandatory* 5% lifetime warranty (even though the springfields already have a lifetime warranty). And the kicker... they charge the 5% on the TOTAL of your order on stuff that is not even warranty-able... (like the extra magazine and gunvault safe I ordered).

All and all it still saved me about $30 over buying local and the whole process went pretty smoothly so I would probably buy from Bud's again. I'll make sure next time though that any non warranty-abble items are purchased in a separate transaction from the firearm.

I normally do all of the leg-work on line; find the best price; where they'll ship to, and total the cost up to and including the local dealer fees. I normally insure it will ship to a "local" but not my local dealer. Then take all of the info to "my local dealer" and he matches. I have been offered 10% before doing my homework and received up to 28% after he verifies the price. Well worth the efforts.
    "A strong body makes a mind strong. As to the exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
    --Thomas Jefferson August 1785

Cool

I much prefer to deal with my neighborhood toy store. I would hate to end up without local suppliers. They tend to provide service, information and expertertise.

Support your local shops if possible.

Distinguished Member
    My "local" shop is an hour-and-a-half away. They have decent prices, but CS is somewhat lacking

Bud's

Bud's gun shop is awesome. I haven't seen a single gun at my local shop that is priced lower than that same model costs at buds. Plus, you don't need an FFL number on hand since they store previously used license numbers and you can select the store to deliver your gun to based on your location. Very fast shipping as well. They are my primary source for buying guns.
    Last edited by southpaw; September 30th, 2009 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Clarifying
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace. ---James Madison, The Federalist Papers

VIP Member
    Support your local FFL or store. $30 won't seem like much when other help is needed. We've just got to spend our way to prosperity.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

If you're into auctions as I am, look at GUNBROKER.COM & AUCTIONARMS.COM. It takes research, patience & timing, but I've gotten "GREAT" deals on ammo & pistols. My last auction purchase of a brand new Ruger pistol saved $130 off local Bass Pro retail. $25.00 s/h & $10.00 FFL fee is a push with the retail sales tax. It's a 10 day payment & shipping process, like I said, it takes patience.

Sponsored Links