Orlando This Weekend

Orlando This Weekend

This is a discussion on Orlando This Weekend within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We're going to be attending some free concerts in downtown Orlando this Saturday. I've never been to downtown Orlando so I need some input as ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orlando This Weekend

Orlando This Weekend

We're going to be attending some free concerts in downtown Orlando this Saturday. I've never been to downtown Orlando so I need some input as to what to expect. The concerts are outdoors near City Hall and will probably be over around 10PM.

What's downtown Orlando like at night? Can I carry at the concert? Is there security?

I appreciate any input.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Can't speak for the security at the concert, but there are many places in downtown Orlando that I would not get caught in at night without a sidearm, and it can go from "good" neighborhood to "bad" pretty quick.

i do not live their anymore but i can tell you stay away from paramore ave.,,,,,, paramore will be behind the federal building about 2 blocks (west of I4 towards OBT),,,if you stay on the side of I4 where rosie o'grady's use to be you are better off, you can pay for parking in a garage off gore ave. or pay to park under I4 But try and stay away from the west side of I4,
    hope this helps

Anywhere.......

around 'downtown' Orlando is risky in my humblest opinion, day or night. I do not know about security, but the concerts are outside, correct? I would not be without my carry, were I to attend. Just walking to and from the concert area will be a risk. The local hoodlums will certainly be around. Orlando has a notoriously high murder rate. Sure, it is mostly dope related in the 'hood', but downtown Orlando is definitely the 'hood'. Many homeless persons are in the area as well. Good luck, keep those senses sharp!
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I would definitely be armed if I were going. I am a college student at UCF and never go to the downtown clubs because downtown is too dangerous at night (or during the day for that matter). As far as at the concert, if you decided to carry, be aware of people trying to pick pocket you and accidently grabbing you firearm.

Orlando is a 'two extra mag town'...when I go there, I have my Glock and extra mag...plus two extra mags!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

WOW

These descriptions of Orlando make me feel extremely safe about living in the Detroit area.
    "In a moment of crisis you will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training". http://www.FreedomTrainerTarget.com

LOL....

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomTrain View Post
    These descriptions of Orlando make me feel extremely safe about living in the Detroit area.
    but, seriously, check out the Orlando murder rate for the last few years. And then, figure 'per capita', and you will see a city on par with most of urban inner city America these days. Sad........
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Wow. Makes me wonder if going to see Creedence Clearwater play in Orlando is going to be a wild adventure.

I would probably....

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    Wow. Makes me wonder if going to see Creedence Clearwater play in Orlando is going to be a wild adventure.
    wanna' go if the Fogerty Brothers were a part of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by carry ok View Post
    wanna' go if the Fogerty Brothers were a part of the deal.
    Hard to do. Tom Fogerty died almost 20 years ago and John Fogerty thinks he's a country singer now.

I'll tell you how bad Orlando is. My far-left liberal, Obama supporting, anti-gun, anti-capitalism, anti-everything ex-wife lives not far from downtown and told me the other day she bought a handgun and has applied for her CHL!
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomTrain View Post

Ditto.
    I live 55min. out of the D, but work right out of where city airport is and this sounds as if its every bit as bad!!

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Arisin Wind View Post
    We're going to be attending some free concerts in downtown Orlando this Saturday. I've never been to downtown Orlando so I need some input as to what to expect. The concerts are outdoors near City Hall and will probably be over around 10PM.

What's downtown Orlando like at night? Can I carry at the concert? Is there security?

I appreciate any input.
    Orlando is a nice place to visit, but there are some real bad areas that border the real nice ones. I'd carry, but in the concert I don't know if this falls under the same heading as a public sporting event would where by state law you cannot carry.

Downtown orlando has degraded greatly the past years. Used to never be as bad as it is these days.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Greetings. I have been "browsing" this site for sometime now, just joined tonight and have to agree with the others about Orlando. We are 35 miles away at the coast and there is nowhere in Orlando proper that I would go without my EMP and multiple mags. The area around downtown, especially the Bob Carr Ampitheater and other venues borders the Paramore district. Per captia I believe they have the highest crime numbers in the state.
    Our last event in that area finished up a little after ten and the thugs were out in force in the parking lot. My wife and I were both armed with non-lethal due to the venue but very aware and "on."
    The concert will be well worth the effort, but stay aware.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links