UGA trip part II...

This is a discussion on UGA trip part II... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this summer I took my first motorcycle trip with a life long best bud to GA to see our friend who is finishing up ...

Thread: UGA trip part II...

Post UGA trip part II...

So this summer I took my first motorcycle trip with a life long best bud to GA to see our friend who is finishing up grad school at UGA. Well long story short from my other post, I learned that I wasn't going on another trip without my baby (G27).

Well my friend who is going to school at UGA is one of the athletic trainers for men's football. Well he gets tickets to all of the home games and since all of his friends/family live up in Illinois/midwest most of those tickets he just sells or gives to people he's met down in GA. Well he invited me and my g/f to one of their upcoming games (we're not for sure which one just yet wish it was this weekend vs. LSU!)

So to the question, I plan on carrying (driving down) and have reviewed through handgunlaw.us and KY/TN/GA gun laws ect. I think I understand most of it and all that.

My buddy lives off campus and I know I can't carry to the game ect. But I was wondering is there anything else I'm missing or odd laws/suggestions any of you have?

Thanks in advance to all of you guys' help.

-Chris
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Carrying on campus is verboten, there are plenty of bars in downtown Athens that you would not be able to carry into. Have a great time, Athens in the fall is a blast ... Go Dawgs!

Thanks Chris! I can't wait I've never seen a game there, been to the stadium a few times but never seen a game yet. Pretty pumped.

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Georgia resident here and unfortunately there are some strict no-carry zones. Against the law at churches, any school, any sporting event, political rallies, any bar that isn't a restaurant (50% of revenue must be from food to be legal), public fishing areas, any of the Georgia lakes maintained by the Corp of Engineers...you know, this list goes on and on. Check out GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits for the full treatment.

It totally sucks to be a legal law abiding citizen one moment, step through a doorway and all of a sudden be considered a criminal.
    Last edited by Biomortis; September 30th, 2009 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post
    Georgia resident here and unfortunately there are some strict no-carry zones. Against the law at churches, any school, any sporting event, political rallies, any bar that isn't a restaurant (50% of revenue must be from food to be legal), public fishing areas, any of the Georgia lakes maintained by the Corp of Engineers...you know, this list goes on and on. Check out GeorgiaPacking.org's Places Where Firearm Carry is Off-Limits for the full treatment.

It totally sucks to be a legal law abiding citizen one moment, step through a doorway and all of a sudden be considered a criminal.
    Thanks Biomortis for the link I'll definitely be printing/reading thru this!

NRA Member/Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Biomortis View Post

Now thats just dumb, here in Michigan the fish get so big you need at least a 1911 to "subdue" them before you get them in the boat!

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    Now thats just dumb, here in Michigan the fish get so big you need at least a 1911 to "subdue" them before you get them in the boat!

who knows you might need even more firepower...

NRA Member/Supporter

Links