Non-Res Wally Walk!

This is a discussion on Non-Res Wally Walk! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well maybe some of you read my post about getting my Non-res permit from NH on my b-day back in August, but this past weekend ...

Thread: Non-Res Wally Walk!

Non-Res Wally Walk!

Well maybe some of you read my post about getting my Non-res permit from NH on my b-day back in August, but this past weekend I finally got to use it.
    I live in MA but had to attend a wedding in Manchester, NH.
    Me and my girlfriend stayed in a small hotel in Bedford, of course I brought along my M&P9c with my Supertuck.
    My girlfriend was comforted by this especially because we just watched the movie "Vacancy" a few days beforehand.
    With the help of our trusty GPS we found a close by Walmart to get some snacks and such.
    Everything went well, I bought a magazine(Shooting Times Personal Defense), nachos, and some Sam Adams Octoberfest( no ammo).
    No one was the wiser, my non-res permit got some exercise, and we stayed safe.
    The wedding also went well and I used my supertuck for the first time tucked with my suit, and I was impressed, as was my girlfriend.

As a side note, I had a brief run-in with LEO right inside my hotels parking lot. Me and my girlfriend were heading to the hotel from the wedding around 12:30-1am. I had not been drinking as I do not drink while carrying, ever. Our GPS had died, and while nearing the hotel I almost missed the entrance and turned in without using a signal. As soon as we entered the parking lot blue lights were behind me, I pulled over as I thought he was passing...but soon found out otherwise.
    As he approached, I already had my dome light on, license and registration, but I did not inform of my concealed handgun, as I did do not legally have to.
    He asked if I was lost, and replied honestly, "a little".
    He asked a few more routine questions, etc.
    He told me of the minor turn signal infraction and then ran my info back in his car.
    He then shortly returned with a warning, but not before several cars full of my girlfriends' relatives past us in the parking lot
    He was very polite, as I was to him, and IMO a positive experience.
    He was probably watching for drunk drivers.

2. Remove Ads

Overall a good experience for you! I'm glad to see that you don't drink while carrying. And, admire your taste, Sam Adams Octoberfest is some fine brew!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I've done the "last second turn" myself from time to time.

Kudos on the intelligent and well conducted handling of the LEO.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Links