CCer ousted by constant fidgeting

This is a discussion on CCer ousted by constant fidgeting within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This has been posted about before, today I saw it first hand. A young guy 3 rows ahead of me in church was continually touching, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCer ousted by constant fidgeting

This has been posted about before, today I saw it first hand. A young guy 3 rows ahead of me in church was continually touching, adjusting and fidgeting on his right side hip. Every time we stood in service he would go there with his hand even printed himself slightly through his dress coat. Of course the sheep were clueless but for those who know it's a dead give away.

Being comfortable and confident with carrying is built with experience. I'm sure we all did some sort of self conscious things when first starting out. Was glad to see an other church packer, that makes four that I know of. Will have to introduce myself and turn him onto this board for the good info & tips.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Yeah I am "practicing" at home a lot to get myself comfortable and to know what actions may untuck the shirt in just the wrong place etc. To get all this fidgeting out of the way. Of course my goal is to keep my wife comfortably in sheep land at the same time - I figure if she can't tell then no one else can either :)

I have to keep doing this because I keep going through different holsters. I think I've finally found a winner though.

coulda been carrying in a cheap uncle mikes and the gun and holster was shifting everytime he moved,so he was readjusting,not a good idea and you letting him know about his telegraphing may help him become more adept at being "NINJA" like
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Well at least you know where some of the bullets are going to be coming from if the church is robbed during a service.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I try to make sure the only time I adjust at church is when going from standing to sitting so I don't get that "clunk" on the back of the pew when I sit down fast.
    Last edited by farronwolf; October 4th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

That's pretty much a dead giveaway isn't it?

VIP Member
    Sounds like it's time to have a quiet conversation with him......but keep in mind it might be his 'crackberry' that he's adjusting....
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I tend to fidget as well. But I only have a cheap uncle mikes and I always put my hand over top my firearm when standing or sitting. I have had a couple times, only at home when going from standing to sitting and reverse where my firearm fell out, so I am just trying to keep it in. Since this is a "to get me through" until I get more money firearm, I do not want to put alot of money into holsters and such.

I also make it a point to make sure my shirt is down when I am visiting family. They finally know I have a CHL, but they do not know I actually have a firearm, and so far, nobody has noticed.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Matters on the holster wether i fidget or not. Sometimes I just like to put my hand on my gun because it feels good.

Fidgeting can be fun!

Most people are just going to think your just hiking up your pants or what not.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Today in church this old guy three rows back kept giving me the eye. I don't swing that way so every time I stood up I adjusted my piece thinking about what I would like to do if he did make a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Today in church this old guy three rows back kept giving me the eye. I don't swing that way so every time I stood up I adjusted my piece thinking about what I would like to do if he did make a pass.
    , LMAO...... Great! Ahhhh,
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Maybe he was wondering how he wanted to approach you adjusting your piece, or maybe he would have wanted to help you
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    That right there is hilarious!

To the OP, how large is your church? If you know the guy and it's not a megachurch (like you'll run into him again) then maybe it'd be a great idea for you to congratulate him on being a sheepdog in church, and then remind him that fiddling with his weapon won't make it go away but might make the people behind him distracted.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

AS a responible CCW'er your responese should be.
    "No thank you. I'm not interested. but thanks for asking"

I used to drive the State Personnal office nuts. About every 7-8 months they would make us go to a Sexual Harassment class. After working for the state for over 26 years, I could give the class in my sleep.

So during the class I would ask "What would you with someone who couldn't be sexually harassed?

I would then state that "If you ask me I might accept, if not I would thank you for the compliment for thinking I was attractive enought to spark your interest."

As they always sent a Newbie to handle the class, they wouldn't know how to respond.

A violent reaction to a verbal offer, which to me is different then a threat, to me would be immature. However putting their hands on me negates my gentle manner.

To put it another way: 10 years, USMC in the OLD Corp, 5 plus years as a street cop and 26 years as a state investigator dealing with people that have less then a PHD education has given me a very thick skin.

When you have been called everything you can think of, accused of being a sexual deviant of every kind, ETC and If you let the words get you

YOU HAVE LOST. regardless of how good your case is.

VIP Member
    From your title "ousted" I thought they threw this guy out of church! After reading your post I see you meant "outed". But it really would have been hilarious if they did boot the guy for fidgeting! What if he had been charismatic?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links