Your Favorite CC Slogan - Page 5

Your Favorite CC Slogan

This is a discussion on Your Favorite CC Slogan within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can never have to much ammo, unless swimming....

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 184
  1. #61
    VIP Member Array TedBeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Bay City
    Posts
    2,269

    Not my original so sorry if I get it wrong...

    You can never have to much ammo, unless swimming.


  2. #62
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    I have read every one of Robert A. Heinlein's books and short stories at least 5 times. The first was Friday in 1979 (I was a late bloomer)
    I have worn out 3 copies of Stranger in a strange land.

    IMHO
    RAH was the most enlightened gun toting liberal alive and the world is a lesser place since his departure!
    I actually have no idea if RAH carried but his literary attitude suggests that he did.

    TANSTAAFL

    Oh yeah,
    "Guns don't kill people. Ninjas kill people."
    I don't know, either, but I wouldn't be surprised.

    I have everything he ever published. Some of the actual books are 50 years old and fragile.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  3. #63
    Senior Member Array gilraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    668
    Minor correction: Heinlein was not a liberal. (Kinda wish he was.) He was a very strong libertarian.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

  4. #64
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Minor correction: Heinlein was not a liberal. (Kinda wish he was.) He was a very strong libertarian.
    But virtually all his characters, he described as rational anarchists. I always have thought that was an interesting description.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #65
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,452
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    You can never have to much ammo, unless swimming.
    There is no such thing as too much ammo, unless you're swimming or on fire
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  6. #66
    VIP Member Array tns0038's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,163
    good ones

  7. #67
    Sponsor
    Array luvmy40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Youngstown, OH
    Posts
    1,704
    Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Minor correction: Heinlein was not a liberal. (Kinda wish he was.) He was a very strong libertarian.
    My mistake.
    I really don't subscribe to the political labels. The definitions of conservative and liberal have been warped politically into unrecognizable curses.
    I often twist several literary quotes into a definition of my lack of political party affiliation. I am a "conservatively liberal anarchist"
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

  8. #68
    Member Array Once Bitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fort Mohave Arizona
    Posts
    86
    VEGETARIAN: Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER"

  9. #69
    Member Array logan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Johnstown, CO
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Including the word "only" or "just" is supposed to be ironic. Or sarcastic, I forget which.
    Makes sense when you say it in a sarcastic way or what he had in his signature with a funny face next to it. But some people use it normal and don't mean it to be sarcastic. But ya guess it just depends on how the person means to say it.



    Here's some I've seen posted in multiple places online, so I don't know who to credit it with. Along with the top one in my signature. I added the 2nd quote to my signature after reading this thread :)

    Why I Carry A Gun

    I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

    I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid.
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm evil.
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

    I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

    I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
    I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

    I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

    I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

    I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

    Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves.
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.
    Logan - NRA Member

    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP

    Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable

  10. #70
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    7,017
    henwa econdsa ountsca, a opca sia nlyoa inutesma waya.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Ė Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Ė Thomas Jefferson

  11. #71
    VIP Member Array semperfi.45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Over here now!
    Posts
    3,616
    None too small to carry; none too large in a gunfight.

    To need and not have WORTHLESS To have and not need PRICELESS.

    The Pistol. Learn it well; wear it always.

    The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.

    Someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because itís empty.

    It isnít always being fast or even accurate that counts; itís being willing. I found early that most men; regardless of cause or need, will blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger Ė I wonít.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

  12. #72
    Member Array nova83tx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Floating Somewhere in the Bahamas
    Posts
    136
    My CHL is far cheaper than hiring an LEO for personal security to be around 24/7.
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

  13. #73
    Senior Member Array EvilMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    N. Kentucky Area
    Posts
    806
    Rule # 1 of a Gunfight: Bring a Gun.

    Rule # 1 of Surviving a Gunfight: Don't be there.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

    Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

    Convenire Volui Spectatus

  14. #74
    Member Array Topspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    88
    I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and to old to get my butt kicked.

  15. #75
    Senior Member Array gilraen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    668


    Good one, Topspeed.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. YOUR favorite ccw and why?
    By garyd54 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: July 18th, 2009, 12:41 PM
  2. How to know your are your Mom's favorite
    By CT-Mike in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: April 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
  3. 5 Favorite Aircraft?
    By Sig229 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: May 30th, 2007, 07:09 PM
  4. New favorite CCW
    By age_ranger in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2006, 09:44 PM
  5. An old favorite
    By Euclidean in forum Defensive Ammunition & Ballistics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 14th, 2005, 10:58 PM

Search tags for this page

cc slogan
,
cc's slogan
,
ccw slogans
,
colt slogan
,
colt slogans
,
conceal carry slogans
,
concealed carry motto
,

concealed carry slogan

,

concealed carry slogans

,
slogans for concealed carry
,
smith and wesson slogan
,
smith and wesson slogans
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors