Defensive Carry banner

How often have you needed to draw CCW?

15K views 132 replies 123 participants last post by  1DrnkMxr 
#1 ·
Question:

1. How long have you being carrying on a regular bases?

2. How many times have you needed to draw your CCW?

LEOs off duty would count in this also.

Answer for me

1. Carrying for 6 months

2. Needed to draw ccw 0

#9 ·
1 year carry.
0 draw
0 shots
0 gripped

I hope it stays this way but i do practice every 2 weeks in case it does not.

#10 ·
3 years carry

3 draws No shots fired.

#11 ·
Carrying concealed 18 years.(1991)

Hand on gun once, didn't need to draw.

#12 ·
Been carrying a gun open for 30 years, concealed for 20 years. As an armed security officer (15 years) I have drawn many times to search a building which showed evidence of a break in. I had to draw on a person once at a break in in order to make an arrest. As a Dept. of the Army Police Officer (15 years) I have not had to draw my duty weapon except on the range. In the 30 years I have been carrying the only shots fired have been on the range.

#16 ·
Not on a 100% regular basis due to a short time w/o a firearm, but:
Carrying 8 months
Only drew to clear my garage when I heard what sounded like a banging inside
No shots fired.

Note: the garage is attached to my home, and I wanted nobody coming through the back door.

#18 ·
Carrying 6 months
drawn 0
I don't count the one time while driving in a bad neighborhood that I pulled it from the holster and put it under my leg, to make it easier to grab if I needed it, the only target I have ever pointed mine at have been made of paper.

#21 ·
I've been carrying for about 5 years and only drew my gun on one occassion.

However, there have been numerous times I've had my hand on the grip on several occasions.

#22 ·
It is good to see the response to my questions!!! It seem very few actually use their CC weapon. When carrying I am much more aware of every thing and everyone. For me that along is enough reason to carry, plus I made up my mind not to be a victim.

#25 ·
Had CPL for 15 years, but have not consistently carried.

draws: 0
hand on gun: 0
situations that made me think "glad I have a gun": 0
situations where the gun has been a pita (e.g. going to post office): many

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.