FL Questions

FL Questions

This is a discussion on FL Questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My parents just moved to FL. They are official FL residents. My dad has rec'd his FL concealed license but my mom hasn't. They are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL Questions

FL Questions

My parents just moved to FL. They are official FL residents. My dad has rec'd his FL concealed license but my mom hasn't. They are both licensed in MI. The question is since my mom is no longer considered a MI resident is her MI CPL still valid in FL or does she need to get her FL license to be legal.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Senior Moderator
    Florida does not honor any non-resident permit. Your mom's MI CPL is not valid for carry in Florida.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

DM2 Your MOMS CCL is good 90 days from the time she moved H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Do they have to register their guns in FL.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

Senior Moderator
    There is no gun registration in Florida
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    DM2 Your MOMS CCL is good 90 days from the time she moved H/D
    This is correct - I was incorrect in my post above.

See Important Legislation - Division of Licensing, DOACS

Matt

If your mom has a certificate of the course she took in MI to get her permit, that's all she'll need fulfill requirements for her FL permit. Add in a picture, prints and app, and she'll be good to go. If she goes to a regional office, she can take all her stuff with her and have her license in 2-3 weeks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks to all that have responded. I was actually at my parent's house online on my cell phone and it was pretty difficult to post and read the responses on the small screen. They are preparing to get to FL for the winter when the question came up.

Retsupt99,
    I knew you would hit the nail on the head being from MI. The problem is that she can't find her certificate from MI. That is why my dad has his FL license and she doesn't. Based on the responses here, she is no longer legal to carry in MI or FL, as it has been more than 90 days since they established their FL residency and she is no longer a MI residence even though they still have the house here. My mom has already been summoned for jury duty in FL.

Anyway. Thanks again to all. They have the answers they need. I knew my forum family would help.
    DM2

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Florida does not honor any non-resident permit. Your mom's MI CPL is not valid for carry in Florida.

Matt
    Off topic but just curious. Florida issues non-resident permits but doesn't recognize non-resident permits? Something about that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by sigpack View Post
    Off topic but just curious. Florida issues non-resident permits but doesn't recognize non-resident permits? Something about that doesn't seem right.
    Florida does NOT issue non-resident licenses. That document is identical for in/out of state residents with only the address differing.

Quote Originally Posted by sigpack View Post
    Florida doesn't honor a non-resident permit for a resident of Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Florida does NOT issue non-resident licenses. That document is identical for in/out of state residents with only the address differing.
    According to USA Carry website, FL is a Shall Issue state to residents and non-residents. Is this incorrect info?
    DM2

Too much grammar to figure out

I can't understand all this. Of course FL issues out of state licenses. What is the question that those of us with limited brain power (probably attributed to liberals) need to work through?

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    I thought Florida would issue non-res permits?????
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Puncho made the clarification for me. Here is my understanding.

My mom had a MI CPL license then moved to FL and established residency by registering to vote and obtaining a FL drivers license and license plate for the vehicle.

MI doesn't issue non-resident licenses, but just for examples sake let's say that MI issues a non-resident license to my mom since she still has a house in MI. According to Puncho, FL would not recognize the MI non-resident license in FL because she is a FL resident and will need to obtain a FL license to carry.

Puncho, Is my understanding correct?
    DM2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links