Poll: Minimum Caliber You Carry

This is a discussion on Poll: Minimum Caliber You Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; .22 but it's not on the poll...

View Poll Results: Minimum Carry Caliber

Voters
808. You may not vote on this poll
  • .32 ACP

45 5.57%
  • .380 ACP

255 31.56%
  • .38 Special

164 20.30%
  • 9mm

206 25.50%
  • .357 Sig

8 0.99%
  • .40 S&W

51 6.31%
  • .45 ACP

61 7.55%
  • .357 Magnum

8 0.99%
  • 10mm

6 0.74%
  • .44 Magnum

4 0.50%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Poll: Minimum Caliber You Carry

.22 but it's not on the poll
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

2. Remove Ads

It all depends where we live and go, like ya know, as we can see from our cities and states. I am sort of glad that there are no farms, fields or forests remaining between Dayton and West Carrollton, Ohio, all paved over by asphalt and concrete here, during the past fifty years, replaced by plats and plazas. Around here, CCW is a hassle outside of your car and your castle because every other door has that damned slashed-gun-ban symbol on it. With city and suburban steets and sidewalks, plats and plazas, smaller good-enough guns will do because we don't really need the power or size at close range, and if you hit a bystander, innocent or otherwise, you WILL be prosecuted and sued. I am sort of glad that I can no longer walk out the door and shoot boxes of bullets, safely, into the woods or countryside or along the rivers and streams as we used to. BUT...inside, that old Army Colt .45 will keep me alive. We are allowed to carry concealed on the local bikeways and inside our local parks...which is one of the reasons why I decided to get my CCW, because I ride my bike.

Just for the record and for fun, has anybody laughed while looking into the cracking flashing muzzle of a semi-automatic mouse gun, while being hit by .22 caliber bullets, be they hollow points or otherwise, even if they are still alive after being hit by at least five?

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Just for the record and for fun, has anybody laughed while looking into the cracking flashing muzzle of a semi-automatic mouse gun, while being hit by .22 caliber bullets, be they hollow points or otherwise, even if they are still alive after being hit by at least five?
    Judging from some of the folks on this forum, they'd stand downrange of anything less than a 9mm, catch those wimpy bullets in their teeth and spit them out.
    -Tony

"Those who beat their guns into plowshares will plow for those who didn't." -- Thomas Jefferson

Check out what a P22 can do ballistic gel. I know folks that use this fine small pistol as there CC and believe they are well armed. Weapon's low recoil and muzzle flip along with very fast firing lead them to believe that 5or 6 or all10 rounds center mass would be very effect. By the way I carry 380 or larger so don't start on me.

Walther P22 versus ballistic gelatin block

.38 spl. is the smallest cal. I would carry.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cl00bie View Post
    Judging from some of the folks on this forum, they'd stand downrange of anything less than a 9mm, catch those wimpy bullets in their teeth and spit them out.
    the argument that will never end...great point cold warrior...

when i took my hunting safety class a s a kid the instructor asked a question at the end of the class...."what would you rather get shot with, a .22 or a 12 gauge shotgun?" the only correct answer was..."i would rather not get shot at all."

there seem to be a lot of people who think that unless you are shooting a .45 or some kind of magnum that the bullets bounce off...there isnt much that actually stops the momentum of an aggressive or drugged attacker...but trust me...they feel whats hitting them...shot placement is king...

i dont wnat to be hit with a paint ball...and if sticks and rocks are my only choice i will defend myself to the best of my ability with them...

i voted .380 because its my smallest carry gun...but i would carry a small 22 mag if the oportunity presented itself...

VIP Member
    Another for .38 special, mainly during the summer months because of wardrobe.

i'm never without my S&W m500 with 2 speed-loaders in the confines of my home,carried in a shoulder holster. in public, i add a 1911 in .45 to each calf with a spare mag for each as a BUG. my life and my loved ones lives demand nothing less.

Voted 9mm, with all the sub compacts out their why shoot a 380, ammo way to expensive.
    Randy
    Law Enforcement Armorer
    NRA
    GOA
    Range Officer
    Advice is seldom welcome; and those who want it the most always like it the least.

Depends on what I would use it for, for example if I had to defend myself in a crowd, a .22 b/c it would bounce around and not over-penitrate. If I were in a open area in a bad place w/ not many people around w/a clear target w/ nobody beyond it, .45 acp hands down b/c of accuaracy. Theres a reason mafia hit men like to use .22's and the military used to use the .45acp. Different strokes for different scenarios!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Links