When you go to a pistol free zone...

This is a discussion on When you go to a pistol free zone... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a situation I haven't had to deal with yet. What do you do with your firearm when you must go into a pistol free ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you go to a pistol free zone...

When you go to a pistol free zone...

Here's a situation I haven't had to deal with yet.

What do you do with your firearm when you must go into a pistol free zone (post office, school, etc.)?

Curretnly, I have a cheap plastic case cabled to the bottom of my truck seat locked on both sides. (It will work for now)

What do you do? (Looking for advice...I need to put something in my wifes car).

Thanks!
    JVD
    John VanDusen

"Whether it's a football game or an IED attack, you play EXACTLY how your practice."

"Put your trust in God, and keep your powder dry." ~Oliver Cromwell

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I use one of these:

In Car Gun Safe

I haven't mounted mine permanently, so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle, but it hides nicely under the seat in most vehicles.
    On the rare occasions I drive my convertible to a CEZ I loop the cable around the trunk hinge. Not the ideal way, but workable.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

^^^^ +1

They work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I use one of these:

In Car Gun Safe

I haven't mounted mine permanently, so I can move it from vehicle to vehicle, but it hides nicely under the seat in most vehicles.
    On the rare occasions I drive my convertible to a CEZ I loop the cable around the trunk hinge. Not the ideal way, but workable.
    WOW! I didn't realize those things were so cheap. Time to order one for me and one for the wife.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    WOW! I didn't realize those things were so cheap. Time to order one for me and one for the wife.
    They are also a stock, off-the-shelf item at Cabelas and most other similar stores at the same prices.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

VIP Member
    COM safes...recommended!

Sentry makes a thin cash drawer that will work with some carpet and contact cement...available at Office Max etc. An eye bolt and stop nut allows tethering.

Keep it out of sight. Tethered, it may just foil the snatch and run BG.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I use a Center of Mass safe, or I just take care of business...concealed is concealed...FL post offices are still a debated topic.
    Our post master has no problems with CC.

I would never suggest breaking the law.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I use a Center of Mass safe, or I just take care of business...concealed is concealed...FL post offices are still a debated topic.
    Our post master has no problems with CC.

I would never suggest breaking the law.
    That's interesting, as I was under the impression that no carry at the PO was a Federal law, not a state one.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Remember, the holidays are coming, they make great gifts for your gunny friends
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I just try to avoid Post Offices - you can ship/mail most things from your local UPS store (even using USPS).

On the rare occasion when I do have to go to the PO, my van has a locking drawer under the passenger seat. Not ideal, but for a quick trip, where the van is in sight the whole time, I'll do it. I use the Automated Postal Center - 9 times out of 10, it's faster at our Post Office.

I ought to mount a COM safe in that drawer...

vote #2 for center-of-mass
    i have two large, keyed the same. one wife's car and one my car.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

I do all my banking at the drive-up or ATMs, don't deal with the post office at all, and have the good sense and good fortune to have no business in court houses or jails, so I rarely have this problem. If the ABC store had a drive-up window, I'd be set.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Work sometimes takes me to places where carry is prohibited, and in a few cases, were firearms aren't allowed on the premises. I use a car safe for the former and for errands to such places, and don't carry for the latter.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

VIP Member
    I lock it in here:

Yeah, it's bolted to the body!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I use one of these:

In Car Gun Safe

Same here. They do work very well.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links