I need some help

I need some help

This is a discussion on I need some help within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been lurking here for awhile now but haven't really posted much. Anyways, I've been having a debate with someone about concealed carry, mainly focusing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need some help

I've been lurking here for awhile now but haven't really posted much. Anyways, I've been having a debate with someone about concealed carry, mainly focusing on college campus CC but also CC in general. He made the claim that no citizen without a law enforcement background has ever used a concealed gun to stop a shooting spree in progress. I think he was talking about cc in general but it could have also meant on campuses.

I started to come back with the law school shooting in 2002 and the church shooting in colorado as examples but he pointed out that the law school shooting responders were both involved in law enforcement and the church member was a former cop. I know there are many examples out there but I can't think of any off the top of my head that I can find news articles to cite. Can anyone help me out? It would be best if they were mass shootings but anything that I can back up with evidence is good. Thanks for any help you all can lend me. He can't win this one

I assume this is the best forum for this but please move it if I messed up.

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

With all respect, your friend is full of .
    The news is full of crime and self-defense issues in various local towns.
    Actually, don't even try to argue with an 'anti', it's a waste of time.
    Just worry about your own SD.

ret :31
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There was a shooting in a mall a cpl years ago...... the person who shot the BG was carrying..... don't remember him being LEO, but that part never really took hod in the media...... and the VA college shooting had a CC carrier that had to run back out to his vehicle to retrieve his weapon ..... again, never took hold in the media.....

Reguardless...... CC is CC....... former cop or what have you..... next he'll be saying that they were ex-military...... and therefore were trained.......

My recomendation...... let it go and say Ok, your right"
    I have a saying..... "never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to thier level and beat you with experiance"
    Ok..... not my creation...... more my motto...... :)
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    your friend needs to do more research before opening his mouth.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I normally would just let it go but there are others who are undecided on the issue that listen in on our discussions. This is as much about convincing them as anything else.

Go to NRA.org and check their archives ... they've got plenty of news/stories on the use of firearms in personal self-defense as well as 3rd party. I'm sure you'll find something to fit the bill.

-Seawolf
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDPA Member & RSO, KSRA Life Member, NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor & RSO, KS CCH Instructor (www.thekasdg.com)

Check this blog out. It may help...

GUN WATCH

I believe the Tacoma Mall shooting was severly impacted if not stopped by a civilain with a CC permit. I believe this hero was wounded if i'm not mistaken.

Look for the story about a Principal in, I think, Mississippi, who stopped a school shooting spree.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

According to Wikipedia the armed citizen was injured.

"During the course of the shooting, Brandon (Dan) McKown [heroic armed citizen], a legally armed citizen, intervened. McKown drew his 9mm CZ pistol, and verbally commanded Maldonado [Dirtbag BG] to put down his gun. Maldonado's response was to fire on McKown, striking him once in the leg and four times in the torso, damaging McKown's spine and leaving him paralyzed.

Very unfortunate. Granted I have never been (and Good Lord Willing never will be) in such a situation but I think it would be best to empty a mag into that guy prior to issuing any warning, most defiantly if shots had already been fired and family were around.

I would recommend looking comparing the amount of violent crime in most of the US compared to the UK or Chicago. Anti's are very hard to deal with, most are stubborn. Just watch your six and remind him that you will try to watch his...maybe.

Just remember, the sheep hate the sheepdog almost as much as the wolf until a wolf shows up.
    "The sheep hate the sheepdog almost as much as the wolf until a wolf shows up."

here is more info for arguing with idiots.
    NRA-ILA ::
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Welcome from Illinois! Your definitely on the right forum. There are tons of examples. All the ones i know off the top of my head have been posted. but you'll find what your looking for many knowledgeable people here.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    here is more info for arguing with idiots.
    NRA-ILA ::
    speaking of arguing with idiots, read chapter 2 (covering 2nd Amend) of Glenn Beck's new book....Arguing with Idiots
    wally world has it in hardback and on cd
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I remember reading about an incident in a Burger King stopped by a guy with a CCW. You could Google it.
    Here you go ,I Googled it for you.http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/03/...ed-by-customer

First of all welcome to the forum.

Just last year you may recall a good smarten who was CC’ing taking on a BG in a Burger King in Miami.

Miami (Miami-Dade, Florida) : Miami (Miami-Dade, Florida) News and Photos - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

and their been other’s we’ve talked about over the years. Just don’t recall the particulars to look them up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links