You would think a gun store would know better!

This is a discussion on You would think a gun store would know better! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gottabkiddin I gotta say, some of my best deals on gun purchases have been between these two pawn shops that I know ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You would think a gun store would know better!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I gotta say, some of my best deals on gun purchases have been between these two pawn shops that I know about. One's next to my office and the other is close to my house. Both have a great selection of firearms and pretty good prices too. I don't buy much of anything else there though, just guns and ammo.
    I happen to be a HUGE fan of pawn shops. I play guitar and I've always gotten some killer deals in the pawn shops. I don't hold that against these folks at all. But since they're a new gun dealer, I guess I also tend to hold them to a higher standard.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    Besides the two in the link BuckeyeEric posted, does anyone think they ever sold any of the sashes? I mean the badge idea is bad enough!
    my earlier post #16....Gabe Suarez's One Source Tactical sells them...I assume he has purchased some of them for his company to sell

Don't Shoot Me Banner - DSM-CCW
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe some forward thinking state can issue permits with blaze orange background and a way to clip them to your shirt. Then we'll wait a few years to see the stats.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

The one local Pawn Shop has prices that are higher than a kite. accordingly I go thery every other year or so.

Why would anyone pay for one? I got my badge out of a box of Cracker Jack!

I saw a guy wearing a CCW badge once. I should have taken his picture, he's the closest thing to a Unicorn or BigFoot that I've ever seen ! lol.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    I can understand the feeling you have, but I don't think they've compromised their integrity.
    The badges are just one of hundreds of things that have been produced with the CCW growth over the last 10+ years...CCW purses, badges, sashes, hats, fanny packs, ankle holsters, hundreds of holster makers, thunderwear, smartcarry, vehicle holsters, the list goes on and on.
    To each their own, just as in caliber and brand choice, the store is looking to provide as many products as possible to customers.
    Plus 1

Think about this, does your opinion about a CCW badge hold any more weight than the anti-gunners opinion about guns.

Each consumer will look at a particular item, decide if it's merit is worth the cost, and purchase it based on that.

While I won't be spending any $'s on one, who are we to tell someone else they can not. Each to his own.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Well, I just think that if I get a good buy on a product I want, I'm gonna buy it.

I was in a gun store the other day that was selling ball caps with a pair of antlers stuck on it. I had to question their integrity a little for selling such a ridiculous item such as that. I still bought some ammo at $2 less per box than at Walmart. And I didn't buy that hat either.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Well, I just think that if I get a good buy on a product I want, I'm gonna buy it.

I was in a gun store the other day that was selling ball caps with a pair of antlers stuck on it.
    Did the hat look anything like this one ... I've been trying to find this in a store somewhere.

Seriously ... you found ammo cheaper than at Walmart. That is pretty hard to do.
    Attached Images
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

VIP Member
    My local gun shop is very well financed, professional and they always seem to have lots of new stuff. Still, they carry some crap I would never touch. They are in the retail business and there is a fool born every minute.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

But... But.... Gecko45 told me they were all the rage with us CCWer's....

"Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Quote Originally Posted by tmizzi View Post
    Did the hat look anything like this one ... I've been trying to find this in a store somewhere.

Seriously ... you found ammo cheaper than at Walmart. That is pretty hard to do.

Hat was a baseball hat with antlers on the side.

Ammo was Serbian Privi Patriotze brand .380 $13.50 for box of 50.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    I walked up when he was pitching them to a big crowd. He used the scenario: "What if you're in a convenience store and have to take down an armed suspect? Don't you want the cops to be able to come in and see your badge to know you're a permit holder?"
    umm - why not just show them your permit?

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    If I owned a store I would sell them. There is no accounting for taste/sense, but who am I to tell somebody what is a good idea or not. Remember, Speedos are still available for men. If somebody wants it, it is bad business not to sell it.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I wonder if there's a combo/value pack that has a badge, sash and a cape?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links