Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

This is a discussion on Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Good job Mike. I did not get in on this one. Who is next ?. We need to blast them with e-mails and change them one at a time if that is what it takes. I am in CT I don't ever see those signs up here except for the post office.
    Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury is posted. Granted the prohibition is in 3/16" letters at the bottom of a double-column list that's only posted at the Mall's three entrances - and is often turned around so you can't see it. There's NO posting at the entrances from the anchor stores.

Also, the Regal Cinema is separately posted. At least it's a decent sized sign right on the ticket window.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Dang that sucks. Been 10 yrs since I lived in Memphis, but when I worked for ABC 24 I used to eat at the Lenny's right by the station near Union Extd and Poplar. They had an awesome Chicken Philly with red pepper relish...wish we had em in So. Florida.... no worries though, cuz now I won't eat there either....
    No Excuses... Just make it Happen!

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    Dang that sucks. Been 10 yrs since I lived in Memphis, but when I worked for ABC 24 I used to eat at the Lenny's right by the station near Union Extd and Poplar. They had an awesome Chicken Philly with red pepper relish...wish we had em in So. Florida.... no worries though, cuz now I won't eat there either....
    Knuckles...you need to read all the post. The owner has since removed the sign due to phone calls and emails from members here and other web sites.
    Proud NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

good work!

I never heard of Lenny's before, but found 1 pretty close to my house. I will try it out (if not posted, of course).

DM2
    I just read the entire thread. Great job guys. DC Rocks.
    DM2
    "I did the thing I feared the most. Excuse me while I cheer. Now here I stand a stronger soul and all I lost was fear." ...Anonymous

VIP Member
    TN MIKE.
    What a great outcome and it couldn't have happened with out this forum! I posted this info on other forum sites as well, but on none of them, even the Tennessee Gun Owner forum, did the membership rally behind the cause like all of you did. THIS site was responsible for this great resoloution!

One Team One Goal = DC.Com

VIP Member
    Majorlk.
    Brass Mill Mall in Waterbury is posted. Granted the prohibition is in 3/16" letters at the bottom of a double-column list that's only posted at the Mall's three entrances - and is often turned around so you can't see it. There's NO posting at the entrances from the anchor stores.

Also, the Regal Cinema is separately posted. At least it's a decent sized sign right on the ticket window.

I been at the Brass Mill way back and never saw that, does it hold weight. Legal ?. I nearly stopped there tonight when I was going by. Who would we be e-mailing here ?.

Excellent outcome!

I'll have to look up one of the Lenny's here in St. Louis and give them my business (assuming they are not posted). Maybe I should also tell them why they are getting my business.

That sounds like a great idea Grady.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I got an email back from a lady at the Lenny's Corporate HQ. It was short and to the point but it was received by me just 7 hours after I sent it.:

So, we'll see if the owner actually does respond to my email or not. I think I have actually spoken to the owner of this store and as I recall, she was a real anti-wack-o so I have my doubts that she will actually email me at all and if she does, I am not sure what to expect.

I'll update more if she responds.
    I wouldn't bother with another e-mail. I would send her an actual paper letter in an envelope that says something like the following:

"Dear Madam,

I am writing this in order to address a multi-faceted concern that has recently come to my attention. This has to do with your recent posting of a "no weapons" sign in your establishment. There are several points that I would like to address here.

For starters, let me state the blindingly obvious fact that gun control disarms the wrong people, simply put. It is already a felony for a convicted felon to own or possess a firearm, yet firearms are found in the possession of such individuals on a regular basis. Is there any logical basis in thinking that a sign would stop a robbery or worse? One thing that can indeed stop a "worse" situation is a legally armed citizen.

I am
    (Insert your age here) years old. For many years, I have been an avid and enthusiastic gun owner and defender of the right to keep and bear arms. I have never committed a crime. I can also vouch for numerous other people who could have the same said about them. Law-abiding gun owners are some of the most peace-loving people you'll ever meet. In specific, a concealed carry permit holder has gone through a rigorous background check by law enforcement agencies.

I find it offensive that a law-abiding citizen such as myself is implied to be posing a threat and that is what the above-mentioned sign does. By the very definition of "law-abiding," legal gun owners are given a choice: either surrender the right and the means of self defense or take our business elsewhere.

I will choose the latter. Although I respect your decision to post such a sign in your place, you must in turn respect my decision to "vote with my feet" by choosing another eating establishment. Not only am I insulted by the implication that my gun ownership is a threat, but I also have no desire to be disarmed and thus left defenseless if something dangerous were to occur.

Let me point out that until now, I was a regular customer who ate there a couple of times a week on average. For the above stated reasons, I will now find another place that chooses to not infringe upon my 2nd Amendment rights or compromise my safety and I can also say that several of my friends and associates feel the same way.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)"

Be sure to clearly cc: the letter to their corporate office and anyone else who is in the "chain of command."
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Great work, a hearty pat on the back to all those involved in this. A big kudos to the owner for listening to a valid and civilized argument requesting the removal of the signs.

I have read through the entire thread prior to posting. Perhaps the OP can go to the first post in the thread and add an edit saying the issue has been resolved and that anyone reading this thread actually read all the way through before they fire off an email?

Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    Way to go guys!! That was awesome.

What I don't understand is why they don't say "No illegal guns allowed." That way the legal carriers can still carry.
    I like that one :) Maybe I should make a sign for it. I wonder if it would sell?

I'm going to eat at Lennys and let them know that they can thank the Memphis Lennys for my business.

Good job guys and gals.

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    I been at the Brass Mill way back and never saw that,
    Saw which one, the signs at the entrance or the one at the Cinema? The mall signs are the 2'x 2' signs either in front or in back of the big three-sided store directory. The Cinema sign is on the right hand side of the ticket window, just above eye level.

does it hold weight. Legal ?
    You bet your sweet bippy it is! Connecticut has NO specific sign requirements! They don't even have to post a sign; just have the policy. Many in CT say all they can do is demand you leave, but CT law states that possession on prohibited property is a felony, three years and $500. That said, I know people who do carry there.

I nearly stopped there tonight when I was going by. Who would we be e-mailing here ?.
    General Growth Properties is the owner, but they are one of the most rabid, anti-gun mall companies in the country. They bury the prohibition in a list at just about every mall they own, rather than having the cajones to post where the sign can actually be seen. Only in Texas do they have proper signage. They have no choice; if the signage doesn't meet Texas' requirements, it can be ignored, although if caught it is still considered trespassing.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links