Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

This is a discussion on Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Way to go, Mike! I'll have to start eating there in Fridays, too! David...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 90 of 90

Thread: Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

  1. #76
    New Member Array DTV Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hernando, MS
    Posts
    2
    Way to go, Mike! I'll have to start eating there in Fridays, too!

    David

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #77
    VIP Member Array grady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    2,837
    I mapquested Lenny's in St. Louis today.

    I found out I drive within 1 1/2 blocks of one EVERY DAY, and have for years but didn't know it.

    Next week I'll try them out, and I'll let the manager know why.

    (If they're posted, I guess it'll be my turn for a "Lenny's" thread. )

  4. #78
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Hey Mike,

    I missed out on sending an email of complaint before the situation was resolved, but I did send an email thanking them for removing the signs and letting them know that I will patronize their Missouri shops when I'm in Springfield or St. Louis!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  5. #79
    VIP Member Array grady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ... but I did send an email thanking them for removing the signs and letting them know that I will patronize their Missouri shops when I'm in Springfield or St. Louis!
    Great idea. I'll do that after my visit next week... let them know they've gained some more cash due to their decision.

  6. #80
    drw
    drw is offline
    Member Array drw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    219
    My wife and I are traveling to north carolina at the end of the month. I e-mailed their corporate office and let them know that we would not be stopping at any of their restaurants and why.

  7. #81
    Moderator
    Array Bark'n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by drw View Post
    My wife and I are traveling to north carolina at the end of the month. I e-mailed their corporate office and let them know that we would not be stopping at any of their restaurants and why.

    Why are you not going to patronize them?


    They actually did the right thing and removed their anti-gun signs!



    You know, a lot of store owners really do not know any better. A lot of them are not gun owners and just follow the advice they get from their insurance company or some other idiot.

    The people at Lenny's Sub Shop were kind enough to listen to reason and saw the logic and voluntarily took down the anti-gun posts!

    If anything, we should go out of our way to stop by and spend money in their shop and congratulate them for doing the right thing, Not Continue To Bad Mouth Them and Go Elsewhere.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi


    "The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

  8. #82
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,097
    Amen Barkin!

    The owner of this particular store was very polite and I really believe she just listened to someone who was probably anti gun and put the signs up with out ever thinking about the situation from our side of it. Once I sent the email to her explaining what is required to get a TN permit and that we really aren't the ones she needs to worry about, it got her thinking about it from our point of view. The signs came down the next day.

    I say we should patronize them as much as we can now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  9. #83
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by IADC43 View Post
    Perhaps the OP can go to the first post in the thread and add an edit saying the issue has been resolved and that anyone reading this thread actually read all the way through before they fire off an email?
    This. Or maybe a moderator. A lot of people won't read the whole thread and get the wrong idea. (I think it's already happened a few times.)

  10. #84
    VIP Member Array Dal1Celt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    2,672
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    This. Or maybe a moderator. A lot of people won't read the whole thread and get the wrong idea. (I think it's already happened a few times.)
    Not the OP's fault that anyone else refuses to read through.

    How can you make a judgment after only reading a few posts?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

  11. #85
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Not the OP's fault that anyone else refuses to read through.

    How can you make a judgment after only reading a few posts?
    I'm not blaming the OP, I'm just saying that in all my years visiting various forums (all topics, all software, all age groups) that there is a good percentage that will read the first 2 or 3 pages, and then skip to the end. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it happens.

  12. #86
    Member Array basher052's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond TX
    Posts
    369
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    I'm not blaming the OP, I'm just saying that in all my years visiting various forums (all topics, all software, all age groups) that there is a good percentage that will read the first 2 or 3 pages, and then skip to the end. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it happens.


    +1 from me
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

  13. #87
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,097
    JD was kind enough to put a note at the bottom of my original post asking that the entire thread be read before a response is posted.

    After a certain time period, the "edit" feature goes away even for posts or threads that you start yourself. The post is then locked in so to speak and only the Mods can alter it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  14. #88
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,404
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Amen Barkin!

    The owner of this particular store was very polite and I really believe she just listened to someone who was probably anti gun and put the signs up with out ever thinking about the situation from our side of it. Once I sent the email to her explaining what is required to get a TN permit and that we really aren't the ones she needs to worry about, it got her thinking about it from our point of view. The signs came down the next day.

    I say we should patronize them as much as we can now.
    TN Mike,

    I was just wondering how this turned out, and it sounds like your 'polite' efforts paid off...congrats on being a good rep for all of us.

    ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  15. #89
    VIP Member
    Array 64zebra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Panhandle of Texas
    Posts
    6,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    They have no choice; if the signage doesn't meet Texas' requirements, it can be ignored, although if caught it is still considered trespassing.
    don't want to hijack but actually the above is not true, Texas CHL holders can't be trespassed under our "regular" trespass law solely based on the fact that a carrying a handgun, thats what the whole 30.06 sign law was for specifically

    if we need to discuss this further another thread needs to be made
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

    Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

  16. #90
    VIP Member Array Majorlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Naugatuck, CT
    Posts
    2,406
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    don't want to hijack but actually the above is not true, Texas CHL holders can't be trespassed under our "regular" trespass law solely based on the fact that a carrying a handgun, thats what the whole 30.06 sign law was for specifically

    if we need to discuss this further another thread needs to be made
    My error.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Lenny Magill
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Defensive Carry & Tactical Training
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 5th, 2012, 08:32 PM
  2. UPDATE to Lenny's Sub Shop thread
    By TN_Mike in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: October 20th, 2009, 08:31 AM
  3. Anyone work/own a gun shop
    By SilenceDoGood in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: November 15th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Search tags for this page

*@lennyscorp.com marketing
,
e. kelly-green, dream in color
,
lenny sub shop #61
,
lenny sub shop fort smith arkansas
,
lenny's sub shop delivery?
,
lenny's sub shop fort smith arkansas
,
lenny's sub shop job posting
,
lennys sub forum
,
lennys subs fort smith ar
,

marketing@lennyscorp.com

,
work at lennys'
Click on a term to search for related topics.