Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

This is a discussion on Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Way to go, Mike! I'll have to start eating there in Fridays, too! David...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lenny's Sub Shop next to work posted

Way to go, Mike! I'll have to start eating there in Fridays, too!

David

2. Remove Ads

I mapquested Lenny's in St. Louis today.

I found out I drive within 1 1/2 blocks of one EVERY DAY, and have for years but didn't know it.

Next week I'll try them out, and I'll let the manager know why.

(If they're posted, I guess it'll be my turn for a "Lenny's" thread. )

Hey Mike,

I missed out on sending an email of complaint before the situation was resolved, but I did send an email thanking them for removing the signs and letting them know that I will patronize their Missouri shops when I'm in Springfield or St. Louis!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    ... but I did send an email thanking them for removing the signs and letting them know that I will patronize their Missouri shops when I'm in Springfield or St. Louis!
    Great idea. I'll do that after my visit next week... let them know they've gained some more cash due to their decision.

drw
    My wife and I are traveling to north carolina at the end of the month. I e-mailed their corporate office and let them know that we would not be stopping at any of their restaurants and why.

Quote Originally Posted by drw View Post
    My wife and I are traveling to north carolina at the end of the month. I e-mailed their corporate office and let them know that we would not be stopping at any of their restaurants and why.

Why are you not going to patronize them?

They actually did the right thing and removed their anti-gun signs!

You know, a lot of store owners really do not know any better. A lot of them are not gun owners and just follow the advice they get from their insurance company or some other idiot.

The people at Lenny's Sub Shop were kind enough to listen to reason and saw the logic and voluntarily took down the anti-gun posts!

If anything, we should go out of our way to stop by and spend money in their shop and congratulate them for doing the right thing, Not Continue To Bad Mouth Them and Go Elsewhere.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Amen Barkin!

The owner of this particular store was very polite and I really believe she just listened to someone who was probably anti gun and put the signs up with out ever thinking about the situation from our side of it. Once I sent the email to her explaining what is required to get a TN permit and that we really aren't the ones she needs to worry about, it got her thinking about it from our point of view. The signs came down the next day.

I say we should patronize them as much as we can now.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IADC43 View Post
    Perhaps the OP can go to the first post in the thread and add an edit saying the issue has been resolved and that anyone reading this thread actually read all the way through before they fire off an email?
    This. Or maybe a moderator. A lot of people won't read the whole thread and get the wrong idea. (I think it's already happened a few times.)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    This. Or maybe a moderator. A lot of people won't read the whole thread and get the wrong idea. (I think it's already happened a few times.)
    Not the OP's fault that anyone else refuses to read through.

How can you make a judgment after only reading a few posts?
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Not the OP's fault that anyone else refuses to read through.

How can you make a judgment after only reading a few posts?
    I'm not blaming the OP, I'm just saying that in all my years visiting various forums (all topics, all software, all age groups) that there is a good percentage that will read the first 2 or 3 pages, and then skip to the end. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    I'm not blaming the OP, I'm just saying that in all my years visiting various forums (all topics, all software, all age groups) that there is a good percentage that will read the first 2 or 3 pages, and then skip to the end. I'm not saying I recommend it, but it happens.

+1 from me
    Andy
    You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas - David Crockett
    When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

JD was kind enough to put a note at the bottom of my original post asking that the entire thread be read before a response is posted.

After a certain time period, the "edit" feature goes away even for posts or threads that you start yourself. The post is then locked in so to speak and only the Mods can alter it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Amen Barkin!

The owner of this particular store was very polite and I really believe she just listened to someone who was probably anti gun and put the signs up with out ever thinking about the situation from our side of it. Once I sent the email to her explaining what is required to get a TN permit and that we really aren't the ones she needs to worry about, it got her thinking about it from our point of view. The signs came down the next day.

I say we should patronize them as much as we can now.
    TN Mike,

I was just wondering how this turned out, and it sounds like your 'polite' efforts paid off...congrats on being a good rep for all of us.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorlk View Post
    They have no choice; if the signage doesn't meet Texas' requirements, it can be ignored, although if caught it is still considered trespassing.
    don't want to hijack but actually the above is not true, Texas CHL holders can't be trespassed under our "regular" trespass law solely based on the fact that a carrying a handgun, thats what the whole 30.06 sign law was for specifically

if we need to discuss this further another thread needs to be made
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    don't want to hijack but actually the above is not true, Texas CHL holders can't be trespassed under our "regular" trespass law solely based on the fact that a carrying a handgun, thats what the whole 30.06 sign law was for specifically

if we need to discuss this further another thread needs to be made
    My error.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links