Congrats, Oklahoma

This is a discussion on Congrats, Oklahoma within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently moved. When you relocate, under Oklahoma law, you're supposed to re-do the address on your licenses (both driving and concealed weapon carrying). The ...

Thread: Congrats, Oklahoma

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

Congrats, Oklahoma

I recently moved. When you relocate, under Oklahoma law, you're supposed to re-do the address on your licenses (both driving and concealed weapon carrying).

The driver's license is no big deal - - go stand in line a little while at the tag agency.

I figured the concealed weapon license would be a pain, though, and take a long time.

I was, thankfully, wrong. The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation has a PDF form on its website. You fill out, take it to a notary, and mail it in.

It took just over a week (8 calendar days) between dropping it in the mail (inTulsa) and having it delivered (from Oklahoma City).

I'm impressed.

If the REST of the State Government operated that way, the Sooner State would be a great(er) place!
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

2. Remove Ads

Glad you had a good experience in the Sooner State!

Too bad the clowns in Washington, DC don't act like that.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    That's great.

So, my question is this.

Is your CC license valid during that turn around time? Do the allow a grace period for processing?
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    RoadRunner71:

I don't know. My best guess is that the license is valid. IMHO it matters that the permit has been issued, not that your weight, height and address are correct.

However, I think you might have trouble if you moved, didn't bother to change the license address, and six months later got pulled over in a traffic stop having different addresses on your driver's license and your concealed weapon license.

Just to be on the safe side, I made a copy of the pdf'd form that I sent to Oklahoma City and wrapped my cwl in it. That way I could explain if I ever needed to. It would seem that way that I did all that I could do.

Good question, though.

The statute might have a definitive answer...I sure don't.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Links