Motorcycle Carry / Pocket Carry

This is a discussion on Motorcycle Carry / Pocket Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This past weekend had a little motorcycle get-a-way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. I've seen posts asking about motorcycle carry and pocket carry - well, this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Carry / Pocket Carry

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

This past weekend had a little motorcycle get-a-way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. I've seen posts asking about motorcycle carry and pocket carry - well, this was both.
    All weekend I pocked carried on the bike and walking around.
    I had a Taurus PT145 in front right pocket and a Smith & Wesson MD: 642 .38 special revolver in back right pocket.

Just two pics to show - family was wondering "Why does he want a picture of himself looking away - why the picture of his backside?"

Here ya go. I hope the link works.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Cool. My favorite view of the world is from the seat of my Harley.

Wow a PT145 in your front pocket? That's a big pocket! What holster were you using?
    If you're going to carry one weapon, might as well carry two, because as the saying goes, "Two is one, and one is none."

"Liberals can decline or whine, but I will still carry and conceal mine." - Cold Warrior. Excellent quote good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by ROFL SQUAD View Post
    Wow a PT145 in your front pocket? That's a big pocket! What holster were you using?
    Err, Aaaa, Just the pocket. I know I know - not recommended but under the circumstances (circumstances being tucked in shirt and wanted to carry the PT145 reguardless)......

Ah man I see that you were at Flounders! One of my favorite restaurants while I was stationed there. Since you were carrying I assume youdidn't have the chance to try the Diesel Fuel out of the mason jar. Hope you had a good time and with the pocket carry.

"Nothin' to see here, folks!"

Conceals pretty well. I bet the family did have questions about you and your "best angle"!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

IMO, the PT145 concealed better than the 642. I couldn't even tell you had a pistol in your front right pocket.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    This past weekend had a little motorcycle get-a-way to Pensacola Beach, Florida. I've seen posts asking about motorcycle carry and pocket carry - well, this was both.
    All weekend I pocked carried on the bike and walking around.
    I had a Taurus PT145 in front right pocket and a Smith & Wesson MD: 642 .38 special revolver in back right pocket.

Just two pics to show - family was wondering "Why does he want a picture of himself looking away - why the picture of his backside?"

Here ya go. I hope the link works.

KODAK Gallery | Photo Merchandise

I carry my Glock-36 on my Harley in its regular holster...never a problem. It's either an IWB at 3:30, one at 5:00, or an OWB at 3:30...all work quite well.

Note: Looks like a great place to visit...nice beach.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

ArmyCop,
    I carried my PT-145 for years in my right front pocket, and all I heard was "its too big for pocket carry". I was never "made" by anyone.....or at least told I was "made". It was very comforting having that gun there. I could not however wear it in my dress pants at the office, so I went to the KelTec PF9 in 9mm and slid the PT-145 into a storage panel in the dash of my car. It and a spare mag fit there perfectly. If I am wearing my jeans or cargo shorts, the PT still finds itself in my pocket. I also carry it to back up my 1911 when it is carried. I still carry it IWB from time to time and still love to shoot it. Seeing you carry lets me know I am not the only one doing so.

tex45acp
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

+1 on the pics. I couldn't see anything printing from the photos looks like a fun trip!
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Great trip for sure. Biked around, took a tour of Ft. Pickens....

One other thing the rear pic revealed to me was - - - - didn't realize what others had been seeing in my skin cap beanie gaining ground like it has. I've been feeling hair there so had no idea how much skin was showing. Oh well.

What about a shoulder rig when riding a motorcycle? It would depend on what kind of gear you wear when riding, but i would think that would allow for the most comfort and ease of access if you wear any kind of riding jacket.
    I have only carried a couple times on a bike, but had no issues using my OWB at 3 o'clock wearing my Joe Rocket leather.

ube
    When I'm on my bike during summer months I usually use my Crossbreed Supertruck for my XDM 40 service. Covers if nicely and I usually have it at the 3 o'clock position. Plus it's a tuckable holster so I can tuck a shirt in over it and I usually put my gerber tool on my belt next to the rear clip to conceal it and my cell phone on my belt near the front clip...makes the clips virtually invisible.

I also have a shoulder holster and use that when I'm wearing the jacket and don't plan on taking the jacket off.

But I don't see any printing from the pictures.

I have wondered what to do on my Harley....I sometimes put my LCP in my front rt jeans pocket but even that can be a bit big with the nylon pocket holster and I really dont like fanny packs. I think I should maybe get a OWB holster for my 66-2 and my G26, they are short enough to not need a whole bunch of coverage.

Also, is that a relative sitting at the table behind you in the first picture, the guy looks just like you!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

AC, I think I'd buy a few more pair of those shorts.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links