Notified for the first time tonight - Page 4

Notified for the first time tonight

This is a discussion on Notified for the first time tonight within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd A LOT of people notify anyway because an officer that knows the situation is better than a gun in your ear ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 53 of 53

Thread: Notified for the first time tonight

  1. #46
    Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    A LOT of people notify anyway because an officer that knows the situation is better than a gun in your ear when they notice and you didn't tell them.
    And? Just because you choose to always notify doesn't mean you shouldn't know the laws in your state...


  2. #47
    Member Array Stratispho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    There is NO 'infringement' when we WILLINGLY offer compliance above and beyond what a LEO asks or is required.
    Agreed that willingly giving up your rights is not an infringement. But are you willingly giving up your rights because it’s required or because you’ve been conditioned to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    uh..you DO understand, I hope, that the 'government' is something WE established 200+ years ago, right ? .
    men 200 years ago established this country. I don't recall signing something saying I agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    We need to get the corruption out of government, for certain, but our government was built by men who were trying to set it up so we could put LEADERS into place who would do the will of the people.
    To get the corruption out of government you’d have to have no government for, save a scant few, only corrupt people are in government. Those that are not corrupt are too hamstrung by the system to get anything done.

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    Law, by its very nature, 'forces' men to do what it requires.
    The law is supposed to force men to do what decent people would have them do.
    The criminal should be 'forced' to stop killing, robbing, raping and stealing. That is what the law is supposed to do. The law that we, in essence, create by voting in men whom we choose to lead.
    Which is the fundamental error in both “law” and in your thought process regarding government. “Law” doesn’t force anyone to do anything. We make the choice to follow that law or not. The law doesn’t force someone to not commit a crime. If that were the case we wouldn’t have any robberies, rapes, etc.
    Most of us interact with our fellow man in a way that can be called “Universally Preferable Behavior” basically a lengthy way of describing the “Golden Rule”. I treat those around me well and do not steal from them, rape them, hurt them, etc because I hope that they treat me the same way.
    The only way to FORCE someone to stop committing a crime is to physically alter their actions.
    Government, in it’s nature does not have your best interest in mind. Government has it’s own self interest in mind at all times. If it had our interest in mind it wouldn’t take half our income, throw appx 3.2% (source Wiki, yes can be flawed) of our population in jail or have them monitored or be a massively oppressive system in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    You do realize that those bad guys we're all so worried about would be entirely out of control if not for 'the law', even in its present state ?
    You seem to be assuming that we're ALL just going to play nice if there is no gov't and no law.
    Lets not be so naive. It would be worse than living in the middle east or hell.
    And they are in control now with “the law”? Armed private citizens can do much to cut down on the crime rate.
    The general idea of living without an all powerful government, I admit, is a scary concept because there are so many unknowns. Instead of attacking the idea and embracing the idea that someone else has the right to rule over you try researching the philosophy of a stateless society. There is a very good book out on the subject by “Stephan Molyneux” at Freedomain Radio - Free Books! all of the books listed are available as PDF’s or in mp3 audiobook format. Start with Universally Preferable Behaviour: A Rational Proof of Secular Ethics if you’d like a basic knowledge of the concept of freedom.

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    Government is supposed to be on our side, not our enemy.
    We need to stop seeing them AS the enemy and start working to make them accountable for doing wrong while they represent us.
    We need to stop treating LEOs who are putting their lives on the line every day enforcing laws created by those WE vote into office to make those laws.
    Yes, Government is supposed to be on our side. Unfortunately never in history has it been on the side of it’s people. From the beginning of time Government has abused it population through theft, murder through war, medical experimentation, etc.
    And exactly who are we supposed to make accountable? The government as a whole? Or the individual people that make up the government? Are we supposed to sue them for sending our young men and women off to fight for a lie? Are we supposed to try the President or a former President for fraud for giving our dollar to private banks? Who exactly can we hold accountable for the medical experiments performed on our citizens over the centuries?
    If LEO’s were doing their real jobs they’d be taking criminals off the streets not writing speeding tickets or responding to neighbors having a squabble over a barking dog. I have family in LEO and get to hear the petty things they do all day instead of stopping crime.

    You keep going back to “we” elected someone… but I don’t recall electing anyone and don’t recall telling anyone else that they can speak for me. Basic problem with the Democratic principle. 4 Wolves and 3 sheep voting on what’s for dinner…

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    Certainly there are bad cops out there. There are bad judges, bad congressmen and terribly inept presidents who need their arses steel-toe booted back to Arkansas or Chicago or wherever it is that the cave they crawed out of is at.

    The vile men who abuse their positions of authority need to be weeded out and have their places stripped from them. But we really have to stop pretending like government is the enemy or that law enforcement is.
    A few bad men dont make the entities themselves evil.
    Just as a few bad guys with guns dont make ALL gun owners criminals..

    Bad cops, sure. Just do a youtube search for “police brutality”.
    Bad judges… yeah, more bad one’s then good one’s. You hear about it every day.
    Terribly inept Presidents? Yeah, about 40 of them that have done something to trample on the Constitution in some way or another. Hell, the Founding Fathers were an oxymoron. They kicked out one tyrant only to replace it with another and argued over how to divide their new power up.
    If you weed out all the vile men in positions of power, out of the what, 535 in Federal office?, we’d be left with about a dozen people. Yet the American people keep voting the same idiots in year after year because those “vile people” keep doling out stolen money. Whomever says they’ll give the American people the most money gets the most votes. No matter that the only money they give is stolen from you and I.

    Quote Originally Posted by RugerSP101 View Post
    what are ya some kind of anarchist ?
    So let me get this straight. You are against authority, right ?
    And so this means that, what... criminals should not face 'authority' either?
    Rapists and men who kill old women for their purses should just be able to run around maiming at will because you feel like 'authority' is infringing on you somehow ?
    Yes, I am against a statist society for I don’t believe that one person should be in a position of power over another. I also don’t believe that you, or anyone else, can take away my rights simply by electing someone else to do it. If you don’t have the right to do
    something yourself, how is electing someone else to do it for you ok?

    As far as criminals go, look up the book I referenced above. Also the concept of “Dispute Resolution Organizations”

    I’m not trying to ‘start a fight’ with you or tell you that you are wrong. Only that I believe that a government is not the solution and we are wasting our time trying to fix an imperfect system.


    -Jeremy

  3. #48
    Member Array Stratispho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Sheesh...I'm sorry Mr. Donald Trump I'm inconveniencing you in order to add to the public safety at large so that YOU sir, YES YOU, may enjoy safe passage on the roadways and the freedoms you claim to hold dear. Believe me, without the LEOs that do a fabulous job, you'd have more restrictions on the federal level.
    My reply was simply to Ruger's statement about Paranoia.
    Obviously I didn't word my original reply correctly if you're under the impression that I think that any interaction with law inforcement is an infringment.
    I have family in law enforcement. I appreciate some of what they do. I also believe that some of the laws they enforce are unjust.

    Some of us draw our line as to what is infringment in different places, that's all.

  4. #49
    Member Array NCTom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    78
    Yea but I just think it's cute that my boy wants to be just like ol' Dad.

  5. #50
    VIP Member Array cmdrdredd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    And? Just because you choose to always notify doesn't mean you shouldn't know the laws in your state...
    No, but the way you wrote it seemed to be a sarcastic or snide comment.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

  6. #51
    Member Array Dihappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    272
    Dang Strat, sorry you have to live in America.

    You must be grumpy every day :)
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

  7. #52
    Member Array Stratispho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    Dang Strat, sorry you have to live in America.
    You must be grumpy every day :)
    Nope, I do just fine. I wake up and get in the car that I bought in a "anarchist" transaction between I and another private individual.

    I drive to work on a road that was paid for with stolen funds instead of hiring a private company to do the same without the need of threat of force

    I go to work and leave my firearm in my car because of the private contract I voluntarily agreed to between my employer and I.

    I go home and spend time with my wife (whom I voluntarily agreed to marry and spend time with) and my kids...

    The only time "force" comes into the equation is when I forcibly have 40% of my income stolen from me by the government.

    Most of my life (and yours) is already "anarchistic" in nature because we are voluntarily doing something in a mutual relationship with someone else. We don't have government forcing us to do something and it's not chaos and destruction like everyone seems to think no government would be.

  8. #53
    Member Array Stratispho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    43
    Browsing the forums I just saw that there are no politics talk allowed. Sorry all for breaking that one. I'll refrain in the future and keep my viewpoints to myself or to political forums where they are appropriate.

    -Jeremy
    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because the law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Left the P229 at home for the first time in a long time
    By maddy345 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 8th, 2011, 10:57 PM
  2. conceal carried for the first time ever in public tonight... not walmart
    By j1999t in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: September 27th, 2010, 09:56 PM
  3. YES. Carried first time tonight.
    By Zach and Holly in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: May 12th, 2008, 04:20 PM
  4. Shoot Straight Tampa Tonight 6:30, Ladies Free Range Time!
    By slidebite in forum Member Meeting Place
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 7th, 2008, 05:10 PM
  5. First time carrying tonight...
    By nicneufeld in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: August 5th, 2006, 12:45 AM