NH Non Resident Permit Update

This is a discussion on NH Non Resident Permit Update within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I submitted my application back in early June. The check has been cashed on October 9th, 2009! Wow, the folks who process the applications are ...

I submitted my application back in early June. The check has been cashed on October 9th, 2009! Wow, the folks who process the applications are inundated. Based on what I have read on this thread board, my permit should arrive shortly.

Mine took about 2 weeks after it was cashed for the NH non-res.

Maine cashed the check I sent them on the 15th, so I hope that only take a couple of weeks too because I am going hunting up there in Nov.

That would be sweet!

Time to get ready for the big day. Got all your CC system in order. Good luck.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

With NH raising the rate to $100/5 years(for non-residents), and now apparently taking months to get, I see the demand will drop at some point.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

It took from April to September to get mine. The original $25 fee + the ease of sending copy of a valid permit just flooded them with applications.

With the increase of fee to $100, that should ease the number of permit applications and help the NH workers a bit.

NH apparently had a good thing, but raising the fee didn't help. Too bad.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I submitted my app on June 21. Just checked my bank, and the check still hasn't cleared yet. I hope it finally gets processed in the next couple of weeks. I have my OH CHL and a PA non-res one, so it is really no big deal right now since I do not anticipate travelling to the 2 states NH adds to what I already have. It's just the principle of waiting 4 or more months! It would be a pain if I had planned on taking a trip this summer-fall.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Yep they lost me come renewal time. If I'm going to spend $100 bucks I'll get my Utah or Florida and a lot more states.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

NH is a good deal still for us Canadians who want CCW permits for the States. NH and ME are the only two states right now that issue to Canadians.
    "It is foolish to hunt a tiger when there are so many sheep around"

I sent my NH non-residence in on March 4th and received it on June 12th. It expires in 2014 and I will not renew then.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

NH Permit

Jetpilot007,

You should have your permit soon. I sent an application to them just before Christmas 08 and received mine 3/09. They have been so backed up with applications they are seeking to raise the application fee to $100.00, that will certainly squelch the number of applications.

Sig Man

won't renew either

I do not really need the NH permit. I do not need TX, or FL, or UT's either

I just wanted NH for Wyoming. the other states do not have as many states as my MO one does. 35 states

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sig Man View Post
    Jetpilot007,

You should have your permit soon. I sent an application to them just before Christmas 08 and received mine 3/09. They have been so backed up with applications they are seeking to raise the application fee to $100.00, that will certainly squelch the number of applications.

Sig Man
    They (NH) raised their fee to $100.00 on 7-01-09.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Got my NH non-res today in the mail. I mailed it off on May 28th. The check wasn't cashed until October 8th. I just did get it in with the $20 permit.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

I mailed my application on May 23rd.....my check was cashed on Sept 29th....I received my non-resident permit TODAY!!!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Links