State Fair of Texas?

State Fair of Texas?

This is a discussion on State Fair of Texas? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I can carry at the state fair of Texas, BUT will I be harassed at the gate for doing so? Who's carried at ...

Thread: State Fair of Texas?

State Fair of Texas?

I know I can carry at the state fair of Texas, BUT will I be harassed at the gate for doing so? Who's carried at the fair before? I'm going today, so please let me know asap. Thanks.

I'm Going to the FAIR in N/FL in about 2 1/2 Hrs ; ) & I'm CCing H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Angry Carrying at TX State Fair

Read the long discussion at this link:

TexasCHLforum.com • View topic - A disappointing State Fair episode 10-1-09

The summary is that the State Fair has changed their policy and are now insisting upon recording your CHL information as a condition of entry. Screeners are also not being discreet in announcing that you need to move to the side in order for a police officer to greet you, inspect your license and record your information.

Quote Originally Posted by drjoker View Post
    I know I can carry at the state fair of Texas, BUT will I be harassed at the gate for doing so? Who's carried at the fair before? I'm going today, so please let me know asap. Thanks.

I went on Wednesday, 10/15. I presented CHL to security officer before being wanded and she said, "Show it to the Police if they ask. We used to log everyone, but don't do that anymore." She wanded my left side only and waved me and my family inside. No problems at all.

Thumbs up State Fair Concealed Carry

I attended Friday... Just notified the gate security staff of my CCL status and that I had a weapon. He asked to see my id and CCL and waved me through. Nothing recorded. All fine.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I'm going tomorrow, and it's a first date. The girl is cool with hunting and guns, but doesn't know I carry yet. Debating not carrying so I can break the ice about it after things develop a little more.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

C9H13NO3 U R Lucky....

I started to walk out the door with my G19 strapped into my thunderwear when my wife said, "no, you're not bringing that THING." You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns. Sometimes, I do head over to my dad's house and pick up one of my former guns (I gave them all away to my Dad). I figure the state fair is in a crappy neighborHOOD so we'll need a little insurance. Crap. Maybe next time, I'll bring my Kel-tec. The Kel-tec is small enough so that she's never spotted it.

Anyways, in protest to her anti-gun policy, I put on a very obvious gun holster but with no gun in it. I put 2 surefire tactical lights in it. They are big and metal. This is my empty holster protest. But, the protest was ineffective as my wife did not see it nor did the people at the gate.

You know, I'm probably the only member of the NRA that doesn't own ANY guns. Thank god she did not vote, because she probably would vote for 0bama. Argh....

Here's what I was wearing:

So, C9H13NO3, hold onto that gal because it sounds like she's a keeper!

VIP Member
    drjoker
    you have my deepest sympathies
    I could not be in a relationship like that

I've heard loads of stories about people carrying successfully in the state fair. I'm glad to hear they stopped recording names and CHL info. That served absolutely no purpose for the fair or for the LEOs working the fair. I wonder what they did with the info they collected at the previous fairs.
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I started to walk out the door with my G19 strapped into my thunderwear when my wife said, "no, you're not bringing that THING." You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns.
    There are so many comments I could make about this, but I'll pass on most of them, just say that my wife and I have been married for 43 years, but if she made that statement about ANYTHING, she would be finding herself unmarried very quickly.

Did you leave body parts laying at the altar as part of your wedding vows?
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

I grew up South East (Pleasant Grove) of the fair grounds and my track meets were there at the grounds. Suffice to say I will not go to the fair unless I am packing.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

You see, my wife is a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment, and anti-hunting soccer ninny. I am NOT allowed to have any guns.
    Wow, just wow.

Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    I grew up South East (Pleasant Grove) of the fair grounds and my track meets were there at the grounds. Suffice to say I will not go to the fair unless I am packing.
    I ran a large community recreation center in the Cedar Crest area of South Oak Cliff for three years in the late 70s. Wasn't a particularly safe area even then. We had DPD officers at all the football games played on our field.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Sponsored Links