30 day wait between purchases

This is a discussion on 30 day wait between purchases within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I picked up a Glock 21sf last week and took it to the range yesterday and I loved it. I shot this model more accurately ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 30 day wait between purchases

30 day wait between purchases

I picked up a Glock 21sf last week and took it to the range yesterday and I loved it. I shot this model more accurately than my sub-compact models (26&36). I like the feel of the full size model much better. I won't be getting rid of the sub compacts though as they are easier to conceal by far. However I think I found my winter carry .

My next purchase will definitely be a full size 9mm (17/19 haven't decided) and I had started counting down the days till I would be eligible to get another handgun. I had assumed I would have to wait 30 days to make that purchase till I ran across this.

Virginia State Police - Multiple Handgun Purchase

See #6

My question is what then are the restrictions to this? Since I have my permit can I go to the store and buy an unlimited supply of guns? I wouldn't think that to be the case.

If anyone from VA who has bought handguns inside of the 30 day waiting period could fill me in I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Go Hokies!!!

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Yeah, you can walk in and buy four guns a month if you want. I lived in VA for a while and the permit eliminates the waiting period.

Wow that is terrific! I always that if you tried to buy a handgun within 30 days of another handgun purchase you would get flaged during the background check? Do you simply have to present your permit to the seller? Is their any additional paperwork to fill out?
    Go Hokies!!!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiebird View Post
    Wow that is terrific! I always that if you tried to buy a handgun within 30 days of another handgun purchase you would get flaged during the background check? Do you simply have to present your permit to the seller? Is their any additional paperwork to fill out?
    You just show your permit as your second piece of ID, they jot down it's number on the form, no additional paper work needed.

However, if you just got your permit, it may not be in the system yet and it may take longer to verify the info.

I've had my permit since March so I should be good to go. Thanks very much for the info.

I can just see the looks now when I tell people I own 3 glocks and NONE of them are the model 19.

Time to start looking at holsters, it's gonna be great having so many options to choose from this time. The 26/36/21sf with rail are pretty limited in the holster departed compared to the 19.
    Go Hokies!!!

VIP Member
    The 26/36/21sf with rail are pretty limited in the holster departed compared to the 19.
    ahhh grasshopper.....you're not looking hard enough

there are plenty of holsters available for all your glocks

Google

Glock 26/27/33 Holsters - Magills.com

GlockWorld - Glock Holsters - BlackHawk, Fobus, Uncle Mike's, Galco, Jentra Clip

Untitled Document

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I stopped there, lots more available online
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

AHHHHHHHH.........It's good to live in Free America.

State of residence Missouri; machine guns, silencers, 50 cals, buy as many guns as the wallet will allow, buy as much ammo as you want (or can find).

I really feel sorry for you guys in Occupied America.

JD hit the nail on the head. Show your permit and ID and buy away.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

If you buy two or more handguns within 5 business days, there is an additional form the FFL dealer fills out and sends to the local police and the ATF to report the multiple sales, though. Just sayin' so you aware of that.

All they do is verify your CHP, check the box on the form, get the number off it for verification, and you're good to go. Bring your credit card and you can buy the store (except need proof of citizenship for ar15's, pistols with threaded bbls, etc.)

I wonder what incident this law was a knee-jerk reaction too ? Anybody know ? What a strange thing, "You can buy a gun, but only every thirty days".

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If you buy two or more handguns within 5 business days, there is an additional form the FFL dealer fills out and sends to the local police and the ATF to report the multiple sales, though. Just sayin' so you aware of that.
    What if you buy multiple handguns in one week, but from different FFL's?

I know the answer, I'm just sayin'. :)

Biker

I too was told I would have to wait 30 days when I went to pick up a P3AT earlier this year. I had never heard of this and the guy at the store said "unless you have a CWP" and I said but I do. He said well then you can buy all you want.

Hokiebird, glad to see another Hokie on the board.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Quote Originally Posted by 12Rounds View Post
    I wonder what incident this law was a knee-jerk reaction too ? Anybody know ? What a strange thing, "You can buy a gun, but only every thirty days".
    The concern is that a very small number of unethical people could become conduits -- buying guns legally and then selling them to criminals. The idea is that if you limit it to one gun per month, then you prevent the creation of a business. I've heard of a few cases where people were buying dozens of guns every day and selling them to criminals for huge markups.

I don't believe that the laws are an effective way to keep guns out of the hands of criminals, but that's the logic. It's not unreasonable logic -- it's just that there are so many other sources (stolen guns, etc) that it isn't likely to help.

ahhh grasshopper.....you're not looking hard enough

there are plenty of holsters available for all your glocks

Google

Glock 26/27/33 Holsters - Magills.com

GlockWorld - Glock Holsters - BlackHawk, Fobus, Uncle Mike's, Galco, Jentra Clip

Untitled Document

Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I stopped there, lots more available online

Sorry should have specified that the model 26 and 36 both have the Crimson Trace Laser guards on them. I like them enough that I'll keep them however, I doubt I would ever buy another pair for another gun. Having those laser guards on them really restricted my holster options. And my g 21 is the short frame model with the picatinny rail which again really restricted my holster options. But I did holster's for each. I was just saying if I bought the model 19 my options would be almost limitless.
    Go Hokies!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links