Disney World

This is a discussion on Disney World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Precision Do what you like. When I go, I carry. P3AT pocket carry. Their method of looking is to look in purses, ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    Do what you like. When I go, I carry. P3AT pocket carry.

Their method of looking is to look in purses, backpacks, fanny packs. No on person searching.

Disney is VERY anti 2A. They fund anti-gun legislation lobbyists here in Florida so they get VERY (none) little of my money, but the other parks are essentially the same. Just a little less in your face about it and no lobby money that I know of.

If you get outed, ask to leave as their only real weapon is trespassing. Florida law states that if you are requesting to leave (regarding CCW), you are not trespassing. If they bar you from leaving, ask if they are detaining you. That will usually get them to let you be on your way. False arrest, kidnapping...

If you are worried about the entire pass, then buy individual passes so they only revoke yours. But that still leaves the family without protection.

By the way, Disney will also kick you out if they know it is in your car.
    So have it in the trunk/glove box etc and don't tell them

I don't carry IN the parks, but outside I will and do. Orlando is not Maybery.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

I live fairly close, been there--done that--and I hate the T-shirts.
    I would leave my Glock-36 in the trunk, but I do take my KelTec P-3AT in a pocket holster in with me...who's going to know? (And it's legal...)
    I want to know that my trip to and from the car is going to be a safe one.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob P. View Post
    You need to brush up on your understanding of constitutional rights. In short, they don't apply to private businesses or private property. Recently Disney also won exemption from the State law requiring employers to allow employees to have firearms in their cars while at work because of the fireworks permit that they have to have.

That means that Disney DOES have the legal right to say "NO GUNS" on Disney property.

For those who would rather not feed the mouse, there are other amusement places that allow CCW. Knotts Berry Farm in SoCal is one (Call and ask them if you don't believe me). I believe that Busch Gardens in Fla is another but am not positive.

Personally if I wanted to go to Disney I would just go and leave the EDC at home in the safe. Anything else is just acting the fool.
    Actually in some states a "NO GUNS" sign is recognized by law, and the owner can have you arrested for carrying in his store. In other states (Texas 30.06) the Sign has to meet specific legal requirements to be recognized as applying legally, and having you arrested for just carrying into their place of business. In Florida signs are not legally recognized by law. In Florida if you see a person carrying concealed in your place of business (Joe's Eatery or Disneyland) you ask them to leave but just the presence of a Concealed Weapon alone you cannot be arrested for having the weapon unless it is in violation of Federal or State Law. If the establishment asks you to leave and you refuse to leave then you can be charged with Armed Trespassing. Now Disney does have the option of having screening (i.e. Metal Detectors) and when you find someone you ask them to leave, if they refuse to leave you are back at Armed Trespassing.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/new...ork_ruling.pdf

IT IS ORDERED:
    1. The plaintiffs’ motion for a preliminary injunction (document 9) is GRANTED IN PART and DENIED IN PART.
    2. The defendant Attorney General is hereby enjoined from enforcing those portions of § 790.251, Florida Statutes, that address an employer’s treatment of customers or invitees. This injunction does not affect the Attorney General’s enforcement of those portions of § 790.251 that address an employer’s treatment of an “employee” as defined in the statute—that is, a worker who has a valid Florida permit to carry a concealed weapon.
    This prevents FL AG from enforcing 790.251 specifically on behalf of customers, but can enforce this specific statute on behalf of employees. Disney’s Exemption from FS 790.251 (due to a Federal License to handle Fireworks) was shot down. If you are arrested for having a gun on someone’s private property in FL it is after they asked you to leave and you refused, not because they placed a sign on a door or in a parking lot, unless that place is already illegal under either federal or state law. I have helped most of my bosses at work get their licenses but still, they cannot make guns in the parking lot a fire able offense, they can fire for any other reason they want, but not for guns in the parking lot.

-----

790.251 Protection of the right to keep and bear arms in motor vehicles for self-defense and other lawful purposes; prohibited acts; duty of public and private employers; immunity from liability; enforcement.--

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/...790/Sec251.HTM
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

I have and will carry Glock 26 IWB while at disney. Not worried about inside the park but outside Orlando not so good. If you use the search tab above you will find pages on this subject it has been discussed before. I tip my hat tot he security guard who last week notice one of the members clip from a knife. He requested that the knife be placed inside his pocket.
    The choice is up to you just be remindfull that the park is loaded with CCTV for loss prevention. Walls are paper not cement.
    Enjoy your trip.

Yes, they have some Goofy Mickey Mouse rules written by idiots from Pluto.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Daddy View Post
    Disney World could fall under ANY place of Nuisance under Florida statues. which would make it illegal and they could revoke your permit if found carrying there.
    Not so.

"Place of Nuisance" has a specific meaning in the law, and refers to places where unlawful activities (drugs, prostitution, illegal gambling, etc) occur.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I removed it before you posted /
    I went and read the def.
    and it has been refined since I lived there.
    it used to be a catch all type verbage.
    no intention to mispost any information. sorry

VIP Member
    Well, from what I gather in this thread is that you can carry but it's not advised. If you're caught, you're out, but not in legal trouble. Sounds like my Thunderwear/SmartCarry with a snub would be the E-Ticket. Ok, I know many of you may not know what that means, but I'm old and I visited Disneyland in California back when I was a lot younger.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Pocket Knife clip etc

I too was at disney world a bout two years ago in November, and on our way into Magic Kingdom I was quietly approached by Disney clean clothes security (honestly thought it was someone going to try to get me to buy something) regarding my pocket knife. I had a CRKT KISS clipped to the inside of my pocket, and was asked to just slip it inside my pocket.

Honestly I was fairly impressed they noticed it, and overall impressed with how they operated.

I neglected to mention the 3 other knives I had any anything else that my have been hidden though

I'm with the carry it crowd. If you stay until closing the parking lots get a little isolated. I like to have a friend for company.

Caught with knife

Took the family to Disney in florida just before Christmas. Did not feel the need to try and carry in the park, too crowded of an enviroment to play hero if anything happened anyway.
    After the monorail ride to the main gate as we were walking up to the bag check lines one of the uniformed Disney officers asked about the Emerson I keep clipped in my front pocket. He very nicely told me that I could not carry the knife into the park but the had some small lockers he refered to as knife lockers I could use. We walked over to them, I deposited my trusty Emerson in one and kept. the key for picking up the knife later.
    This leads me to think out of sight out of mind. Had the knife been in my pocket instead of clipped within eyesight no one would have questioned.
    I made the comment that I was licenced to carry in all but a half dozen states at which point he asks if I was carrying concealed. I replied that I was not for the reason I stated above.

Where these lockers seperate from the other lockers? Located by the train station?

What prevents you from returning to the lockers later in the day and retreaving the item that security asked you to place in the locker?

Most likely cameras and the people watching them. ;)

I won't carry in Disney. Put it in the trunk. Not worth the hassle. Sure something could happen but the best strategy to dealing with it is instant deescalation by getting out of the area and then informing the staff. I'd dread a shootout breaking out. With so many people in the area you're going to have a huge risk of hitting a bystander and it would not surprise me if there are some armed plainclothes security who might mistake you for the aggressor. Or you God forbid mistake them for the BG's friends.

Hitchking, As you come off the monorail the lockers are located in a small round building down to the right. Looks like it might be a place for the Disney LEO to take a break.
    Zombie. I agree with you, the chance of mistaken ID much to big a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by aelancaster View Post
    Hitchking, As you come off the monorail the lockers are located in a small round building down to the right. Looks like it might be a place for the Disney LEO to take a break.
    Zombie. I agree with you, the chance of mistaken ID much to big a chance.
    By the Guest Service windows. Never noticed the lockers over there. Where these rental lockers that you had to pay for or free to check a weapon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links