Disney World

Disney World

This is a discussion on Disney World within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone know if Disney has restrictions on CC on their property, theme parks, resorts, etc?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney World

Disney World

Does anyone know if Disney has restrictions on CC on their property, theme parks, resorts, etc?

they will kick you out if your found out so deep conceal...

also FL as you know has an armed trespass statutes...
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Disney

I'm assuming The theme parks are pretty safe, so I'd probably leave it in the trunk. Any Florida residents been in this situation?

id carry, in fact i plan to when heading down to fla between turkeyday and christmas...

oh by the way love the cobra is it a factory five kit or original etc?? im a mustang man myself building a shelby "R"model fastback clone(where my user name comes from)
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Yup! Factory Five. Three year build, then real estate market fell apart and had to sell it.......Can't seem to part with the pic. LOL

They don't even allow off duty LEOs to be armed there.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra34242 View Post
    Does anyone know if Disney has restrictions on CC on their property, theme parks, resorts, etc?
    Disney will kick you out if you are discovered, and will in all probability revoke any tickets you have (i.e. if you buy a 7 day pass and get discovered, they will revoke the entire pass).

Bear in mind that if you are asked to leave, you must immediately do so. Any other action can result in a charge of armed trespass, which is a felony here.

Also, know that there are very, very few places in the park where you would ever have a valid backstop if you had to shoot. What looks like a stone wall is usually a thin fiberglass facade over an open framework with a few thousand children on the other side.

I'd suggest not carrying in the parks.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Disney does not allow concealed weapons carried by guests. That said, many I know of slip a J frame into a pocket holster and go about their day. They do not use metal detectors, so don't ask don't tell works well.

Ever wonder if Goofy, Mickey and Donald are carrying??? Goofey's outfit is a little baggy....Uzi ?? LOL

OK, nuff said. G 27 stays in the trunk.....thanx

Quote Originally Posted by cobra34242 View Post
    OK, nuff said. G 27 stays in the trunk.....thanx

Do what you like. When I go, I carry. P3AT pocket carry.

Their method of looking is to look in purses, backpacks, fanny packs. No on person searching.

Disney is VERY anti 2A. They fund anti-gun legislation lobbyists here in Florida so they get VERY (none) little of my money, but the other parks are essentially the same. Just a little less in your face about it and no lobby money that I know of.

If you get outed, ask to leave as their only real weapon is trespassing. Florida law states that if you are requesting to leave (regarding CCW), you are not trespassing. If they bar you from leaving, ask if they are detaining you. That will usually get them to let you be on your way. False arrest, kidnapping...

If you are worried about the entire pass, then buy individual passes so they only revoke yours. But that still leaves the family without protection.

By the way, Disney will also kick you out if they know it is in your car.

Related.....

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    It is legal to carry in Disney
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0790/SEC33.HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0790->Section%2033#0790.33

790.33 Field of regulation of firearms and ammunition preempted.--
    (1) PREEMPTION.--Except as expressly provided by general law, the Legislature hereby declares that it is occupying the whole field of regulation of firearms and ammunition, including the purchase, sale, transfer, taxation, manufacture, ownership, possession, and transportation thereof, to the exclusion of all existing and future county, city, town, or municipal ordinances or regulations relating thereto. Any such existing ordinances are hereby declared null and void. This subsection shall not affect zoning ordinances which encompass firearms businesses along with other businesses. Zoning ordinances which are designed for the purpose of restricting or prohibiting the sale, purchase, transfer, or manufacture of firearms or ammunition as a method of regulating firearms or ammunition are in conflict with this subsection and are prohibited.
    Disney, the city, and the County are not allowed to make it Illegal to carry in Disneyland, only the State of Florida or Federal Government could (and have not). If they find you are carrying and ask you to leave and you refuse to leave it becomes armed trespassing.

-------------------------

Tactically it is a very different question, I agree with Matt a firearm is a dangerous thing when a solid wall isnít really a solid wall. I would carry Pepper or a Taser instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Also, know that there are very, very few places in the park where you would ever have a valid backstop if you had to shoot. What looks like a stone wall is usually a thin fiberglass facade over an open framework with a few thousand children on the other side.

I'd suggest not carrying in the parks.

Matt
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

cmb
    I wouldn't carry anything intended for any distance, in that type of crowd if something odd happens take cover (something solid if you can) and if you opted for the afore mentioned p3at route you could then protect your space if you had to up close and personal.

Find one of those underground tunnels where all the mickey's hide and stay there!

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    It is legal to carry in Disney
    http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=& URL=Ch0790/SEC33.HTM&Title=->2009->Ch0790->Section%2033#0790.33

Disney, the city, and the County are not allowed to make it Illegal to carry in Disneyland, only the State of Florida or Federal Government could (and have not). If they find you are carrying and ask you to leave and you refuse to leave it becomes armed trespassing.

-------------------------

Tactically it is a very different question, I agree with Matt a firearm is a dangerous thing when a solid wall isn’t really a solid wall. I would carry Pepper or a Taser instead.
    You need to brush up on your understanding of constitutional rights. In short, they don't apply to private businesses or private property. Recently Disney also won exemption from the State law requiring employers to allow employees to have firearms in their cars while at work because of the fireworks permit that they have to have.

That means that Disney DOES have the legal right to say "NO GUNS" on Disney property.

For those who would rather not feed the mouse, there are other amusement places that allow CCW. Knotts Berry Farm in SoCal is one (Call and ask them if you don't believe me). I believe that Busch Gardens in Fla is another but am not positive.

Personally if I wanted to go to Disney I would just go and leave the EDC at home in the safe. Anything else is just acting the fool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links