you don't always need a gun

This is a discussion on you don't always need a gun within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All this lady needed is god. you must watch YouTube - Dyersburg grandmother witnesses to man trying to rob her...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: you don't always need a gun

you don't always need a gun

All this lady needed is god. you must watch YouTube - Dyersburg grandmother witnesses to man trying to rob her
    34 hand guns and still going.....

EX-NRA lifetime Member

2. Remove Ads

I am all for having God in your life, but sometimes you need a little extra backup.

Praise God, Great story of real faith.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    Praise God, Great story of real faith.
    +1, What a neat lady!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Wow, I have mixed feelings on this one. I praise her for her faith and am inspired by her attitude, but I'm thinkin she just came across a guy that was down on his luck and needed a few dollars and was willing to resort to crime to get it. i.e., not a career criminal.

Humm, one minute he's gonna shoot her and ten minutes later he's Kissing her on the cheek... Makes me think, maybe God was in the car with her.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by DWeezy View Post
    I am all for having God in your life, but sometimes you need a little extra backup.
    hmm.

VIP Member
    While I commend her on her faith, I'd still rather have my .40 cal in those circumstances.

Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry. Your garden variety sociopath/psycopath would have brushed the goodness away and just killed her. As was noted above, probably some guy out on his luck driven to a desperate act, but still able to respond to the message.
    I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I agree with the above posters, a hardened criminal wouldn't have been so easily stopped. I'm glad for the lady and the guy both that it worked out the way it did. She's well and maybe he'll turn his life around before it's too late for him or someone else.

VIP Member
    There a spark of humanity in most of us. For those who lack it, I carry another spark.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

I'm glad chance worked in her favor. It could have been extremely ugly.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Well, we know for sure that the anti's won't use this story against us...to much mention of God in it.

Good for her, I am 100% sure my grandma would do the same thing...perhaps I should start a thread on that one...Yup, gonna go start that thread.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Neat video. As said, beginning to talk about God might make some nutcases even more provoked.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

That is a neat lady
    She used the best weapon available to her at the time...her brain.

I tend to go by - God gave us brains, using our brains we created tools for our protection, firearms, and learned how to use them...hopefully when we pull out our tools, firearms, to use protecting ourselves the BG will use their brains and surrender.
    Otherwise, their brains may become decoration...they weren't using them anyway.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I imagine that the would-be robber has nobody in his life that cares for him at all, and this kind lady gave him a touch of humanity that no amount of stolen money could buy. That's how I see it, being an athiest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links